Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*RANT* - Unbelievably Pissed Right Now
Glad you are seeing some light at the end of the tunnel Ken.

Seems like a bunch of us are having some bad luck to start Spring.
I hope I didn't blow another FRPP suspension kit. I've already went through 3 sets of front struts. I'm praying my issue is simply the endlinks. I have Moogs on it right now too. My Foci is CHEWING those end links up. Wow.
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
Woohoo! I just found out my transmission is leaking!
Time to see if Ford will give me a hard time because of mods.
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
Hey Ken!

How did this play out?
(04-04-2012, 02:13 AM)ANTHONYD Wrote: Hey Ken!

How did this play out?

Well it's not finished yet, let's say that. Topspeed at first said "send it back and we will see about fixing and returning it or refunding your money" ... which sounded a bit too vague for me.

So now they've confirmed that they will refund my money if I send the engine back, but they haven't yet agreed to pay for the return shipping.

Once they agree to pay for the return shipping, which I think is more than fair considering I get no compensation for the added expense I've incurred - then I guess I get my money back.

If they don't agree to pay for the shipping then I'm not sure what my options are - maybe post up on FJ and see what other members think is fair.

We shall see - in any event I'll post up here when anything substantive happens.

Thanks for asking BTW
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Wow.. quite the story -- the motor wasn't by any chance 'inspected' by customs on the way through, was it?

I hope they sort it out for ya soon. Things like this suck, but keeping a level head will help you come out on top IMO.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

(04-04-2012, 04:33 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: Wow.. quite the story -- the motor wasn't by any chance 'inspected' by customs on the way through, was it?

I hope they sort it out for ya soon. Things like this suck, but keeping a level head will help you come out on top IMO.

Absolutely not. It was shipped from North Carolina on a single truck to a central warehouse in Blasdell NY, just south of Buffalo, which is where I picked it up with my trailer. It was on a wooden pallet and was secured with a ton of cling wrap packing material and seemed to have travelled well.

I took it through customs myself and except for a cursory glance at the trailer at the first kiosk, nobody at customs was concerned about it at all.

Level head - check. Calm and collected demeanor - check. Diplomatic and non-emotional language - check.

We will soon see if being the nice guy works.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

So here's the last communication I sent Topspeed this morning - bottom line: I'm not feeling good about this.

"Topspeed. It’s been 40 hours since my last communication and 9 days since I first brought this problem to your attention. It takes two of my communications to get one response from you and in all that time not once have you even hinted at an apology or acknowledged the trouble and the expense your mistake has cost me. Perhaps you see it as you were “hoodwinked” – whatever – you sent me an engine that should never have left your shop and now I’m suffering for it. It’s your fault, not mine.

When s**t happens my natural inclination is to be polite, reasonable and willing to bend to get a resolution – and despite what you’ve done to me I have been that way with you. My expectation in being that way is that the other party comes to the table in the same way. I have not received that from you and I’m pissed off that I haven’t. If this is the kind of customer service you give everyone frankly I don’t see how you stay in business.

Before I purchased your engine I asked the right questions and I trusted you for the answers you gave. Imagine how you would feel about the person who sold you that engine if you had installed it and found it to be not at all functional and their response was “yeah I told you unequivocally it was in excellent condition, but I didn’t really know, I just took the suppliers word for it.” Well that’s how I feel about Topspeed. So I ask you – why should I not feel lied to and cheated?

Why should I have to be chasing you like Alice’s rabbit … why should I need to ask twice for a response of any kind every time I communicate with you? Why should I be bending over backward to save you some money and effort in getting the engine back to you?

I understand you might be busy – but hey, guess what – I’m in business for myself and I’m busy too. I’m also out more than $1,000 so far on this debacle and it’s your fault.

Had you dealt with me with a sense of contrition and a sense of urgency about this matter in the first place you could have made a fan for life – and I would have been cheap too. Now I’m just really pissed off and frankly I have nothing good to say about Topspeed.

It’s time for you to step up and start acting like someone who gives a damn about their customers; it’s long past time to make this right."

I guess thats nice guy:0 ... I hope they resolve it to your satisfaction soon. I know how getting screwed over feels. I'm getting my final paper work ready for filing my case against Donway and Friends when I get back from vacation to the tune of 10G's
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I was set on a topspeed kit for my focus when it came time to boost it.

Not anymore.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Ken, I hope things get better but that's it for me and topspeed.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
Can't wait to read what their responce is going to be. Sorry to hear about your luck Ken Sad
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
If you ask me Ken, you were too nice by about 1000 words.

Did you pay by VISA? You could file a claim with them and get the charges reversed (especially if you've got a Platinum or Infinite with buyer protection) and then they'll be tripping over themselves to work it out.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
(04-07-2012, 11:57 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: Did you pay by VISA? You could file a claim with them and get the charges reversed (especially if you've got a Platinum or Infinite with buyer protection) and then they'll be tripping over themselves to work it out.

Had to do that when I bought one of those scammy Carribiean trips like 4 years ago. Got all my money back.
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
(04-07-2012, 09:50 PM)NikiterZTS Wrote:
(04-07-2012, 11:57 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: Did you pay by VISA? You could file a claim with them and get the charges reversed (especially if you've got a Platinum or Infinite with buyer protection) and then they'll be tripping over themselves to work it out.

Had to do that when I bought one of those scammy Carribiean trips like 4 years ago. Got all my money back.

PayPal - and it's past the time limit for making a claim with them.

Would it be worth it to make a claim with the BBB?
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Bbb has no authority. They honestly are useless
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
(04-09-2012, 02:00 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: Bbb has no authority. They honestly are useless

^This.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
All I can say to this is GET THE WORD OUT. EVERYWHERE. Do they have a FB page? s**t your communications with them all over there. FF. FJ. Get it stickied here so other members know in advance.

What a shitty way to run a business. I'm sorry for your troubles, Ken. You're a good guy and you don't deserve this s**t. No-one does.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
any updates at all? curious to find out if anything is progressing
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
(04-10-2012, 06:50 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: any updates at all? curious to find out if anything is progressing

Kind of - they said that I'm being difficult - they think I should just send the engine back at my expense and they will see if they will refund or fix it.

I told them I would accept nothing less than a full refund, and that they should pay for the return shipping.

At this point they have asked where the engine would be shipping from - so I guess in some way that's a positive sign.

Wow. It's frustrating that in this day and age of social communication on line that companies continue to treat their customers so poorly.

Its a small industry with a very tuned in consumer. A few well placed complaints on Facebook, twitter and forums can do a lot of damage to a company. Why they would risk this is beyond me.

So sorry to hear what your going through. Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  *RANT* Joins ZTW aswell being Pissed off Feral 21 10,729 04-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Last Post: tetra