Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OEM Digital Flashing Radio Display
Ok so this morning on the way into work my factory 6 disk radio's display started to flash like the classic "--:--" when the raido has no display or was unplugged, but everything works fine, lights up perfectly, plays cd's, the theft bar pops out and back in and nothing.

I read on FF and a few other sites about this and so far the only solution has been to disconnect the battery and wait 5 minutes. is there any other solution to this to fix it?
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
(03-29-2012, 09:29 PM)Frost__2001 Wrote: Ok so this morning on the way into work my factory 6 disk radio's display started to flash like the classic "--:--" when the raido has no display or was unplugged, but everything works fine, lights up perfectly, plays cd's, the theft bar pops out and back in and nothing.

I read on FF and a few other sites about this and so far the only solution has been to disconnect the battery and wait 5 minutes. is there any other solution to this to fix it?

Pull the fuse or pull the radio and disconnect ?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *