Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST rear discs
What came with the ST rear discs?

And I'm not looking for an answer like "Well, the ST, d'uh"

but more like, how can I tell from the vin? will the focus have teh ST badge on the back? IIRc only the sedans 05-07 came with the ST package?
what about the wagons?

if I've only got pictures to look at, what about rims they came with? Can't see through em, but could maybe be able to say "that one didn't have the ST package" because its got hubcaps?
besides the rear discs, I also want the mtx-75 cause I been told they came stock with LSD's in them?

TY

re edit: and IIRC the st rear discs fit over 14s? trying to plan ahead here to see if im going to need to buy another set of 17s or not as I've got 3 sets of rims, 14", 16" and the 17s.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
(04-28-2012, 01:37 AM)Mystake Wrote: What came with the ST rear discs?

And I'm not looking for an answer like "Well, the ST, d'uh"

but more like, how can I tell from the vin? will the focus have teh ST badge on the back? IIRc only the sedans 05-07 came with the ST package?
what about the wagons?

if I've only got pictures to look at, what about rims they came with? Can't see through em, but could maybe be able to say "that one didn't have the ST package" because its got hubcaps?
besides the rear discs, I also want the mtx-75 cause I been told they came stock with LSD's in them?

TY

re edit: and IIRC the st rear discs fit over 14s? trying to plan ahead here to see if im going to need to buy another set of 17s or not as I've got 3 sets of rims, 14", 16" and the 17s.

The rear discs indeed fit under 14s but the fronts require 15s or bigger.

The ST came with an SVT-like suspension and unique wheels, manual only, the Duratec 23 and yes a red ST badge on the rear. No ST wagon or hatch in Canada. The engine VIN code is "Z" - that's the eighth character in the VIN.

Unfortunately that VIN code is also shared with the PZEV engine that was available in the US 03-04 and I've seen a few of them up here at wreckers that also have a US location - it has almost 20 hp less than the ST engine, but is apparently just as suitable for boost.

If it's a Canadian ZX4 with engine VIN code Z - then it's for sure an ST.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Thanks Ken!!
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver