Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campbell Ford in Ottawa
What a joke... Talked to a salesman who i will not name but he was useless and lying straight through his teeth. Told me it goes 0 - 60 faster then a mustang and pulls harder from 60 -150 then a 03/04 Cobra Dodgy Then he told me they are being lotteried off to dealers across canada but because they are " SVT " they get priority. Also for the record to mention to a future customer that they will be adding an additional 10k because of exclusivity and limited numbers means they lose my business. I quote.. Base price 36k Angry

Also said they drove a camo pre production 1 a few months back... Only thing that could be true i guess.
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
(05-05-2012, 02:33 AM)02_svt_guy Wrote: What a joke... Talked to a salesman who i will not name but he was useless and lying straight through his teeth. Told me it goes 0 - 60 faster then a mustang and pulls harder from 60 -150 then a 03/04 Cobra Dodgy Then he told me they are being lotteried off to dealers across canada but because they are " SVT " they get priority. Also for the record to mention to a future customer that they will be adding an additional 10k because of exclusivity and limited numbers means they lose my business. I quote.. Base price 36k Angry

Also said they drove a camo pre production 1 a few months back... Only thing that could be true i guess.

In Ontario it is illegal to artificially increase the asking price past the MSRP (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) ... what they sometimes do is "pack" the car with undercoating packages or similar, but it's virtually impossible to add 10k doing that, and they can't do that with vehicles that are factory ordered. If you buy a vehicle and it's not on the dealer's lot (ie: it's already ordered and they are "assigning" it to you) they by law cannot increase the price past MSRP.

Frankly I don't get salespeople who don't understand this thing called the internet - consumers for the most part are really, really knowledgeable about the s**t they are buying.

As to what dealers get - there is the concept at Ford Canada called "turn and earn" which means that the dealers that sell more get more allocation of the hard to get models.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Who was the sales rep? Just curious more than anything.

Campbell Ford is OK but they're not great. They're definitely not the worst in Ottawa though.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
I go to Campbell's to kick tires, but would never buy there. They are the 'slickest' dealer I've seen in town. I'm glad I still have a good contact at a small dealer outside of town.
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
It was a young guy. Ray i think? I have since gone to Jim keay Ford and spoke with a professional who was not informed with the specs and details but was quick to also say that and gladly introduced me to the business manager who is looking into how i can get on the pre order list and get actual pricing.
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

That's where I bought my focus. I hate them. Hate is a strong word.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
(05-08-2012, 12:49 AM)Flofocus Wrote: That's where I bought my focus. I hate them. Hate is a strong word.

Hate who Campbells or Jim keay?

So far Jim keay has been pretty good 2 me. mind u the process hasnt even started yet.
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

Campbell.

36k for a focus ST? yeah, good fawkin luck Ford. 3 more k gets you into the Golf R.
Ya! the guy was ignorant. Couldnt believe the BS he was feeding me. Its sad cause apparenty they have a parts guy who is a true enthusiast and puts on Ford meets. The only way i would ever deal with them is if the ST is released as a SVT only vehicle cause i wouldnt have a choice.
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

(05-08-2012, 01:35 AM)02_svt_guy Wrote: Ya! the guy was ignorant. Couldnt believe the BS he was feeding me. Its sad cause apparenty they have a parts guy who is a true enthusiast and puts on Ford meets. The only way i would ever deal with them is if the ST is released as a SVT only vehicle cause i wouldnt have a choice.

Yeah, Big Steve is a huge Mustang/Fox body guy. I remember him from my days hanging out with the NCMA. He's an excellent resourse for most Ford Performance things. Too bad he doesn't give classes to the sales people...
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
wow 36G to start. Ya It's pretty but I don't think I would get it... If I were going to buy a car like that for the $$ I would probably go with the new Subby / Toyota that will be heading our way.

[Image: subarufr500.jpg]
[Image: 2012-Toyota-Subaru-FT-86-II-Concept-Side-Angle.jpg]
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

ummm, that's not the car scion/subaru is releasing.

This is the car they are releasing, or have released, a truck full of Scion FRS's were spotted on the 401, so they are already here!!

[Image: _MG_1477.JPG]

And that one above starts at 26k. that's a 10k difference between the FRS and ST. That's pretty significant, but I also believe the cars target completely different markets.

Focus ST needs to start below 30k, or else I'm afraid they just won't sell that many.
I have to agree with Flofocus, the Focus ST is not directed for the same market as the Toyota/Scion/Subaru vehicle. The ST will be a niche vehicle. If all we wanted was horsepower, we'd all have Mustangs, Camaros and the Dodge thingy......I priced a Focus SEL in Canada, compared to an SEL, comparably equipped, and there was, according to the internet pricing a $5,000.00 difference........Hopefully, it won't be the same for the ST.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
(05-08-2012, 01:28 AM)Flofocus Wrote: Campbell.

36k for a focus ST? yeah, good fawkin luck Ford. 3 more k gets you into the Golf R.

(05-10-2012, 12:41 AM)oldeguy Wrote: I have to agree with Flofocus, the Focus ST is not directed for the same market as the Toyota/Scion/Subaru vehicle. The ST will be a niche vehicle. If all we wanted was horsepower, we'd all have Mustangs, Camaros and the Dodge thingy......I priced a Focus SEL in Canada, compared to an SEL, comparably equipped, and there was, according to the internet pricing a $5,000.00 difference........Hopefully, it won't be the same for the ST.

Agreed! I will not pay 30k+ for a ST with no options. hopefully they stay true to the american pricing $24k
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

I'm gonna say its starting price is $29 900. It is "more car" than a BRZ/FRS after all.
(05-10-2012, 01:41 AM)Flofocus Wrote: I'm gonna say its starting price is $29 900. It is "more car" than a BRZ/FRS after all.

Well we have some info now that we can use to do some presumptive math; for example we know that for the past year or so the exchange rate has been in and around par, and we know what the relationship is between US pricing and Canadian pricing on the current Focus is - so let's do some extrapolation.

Notwithstanding any package or content differences the Canadian Focus ranges from 6% below US pricing (base S Sedan) and 7% above US pricing (base Titanium hatch) and that the average price differential on all Focus models is 1.8% higher for Canadian models.

So then doing the math, you could assume that a Stage 1 in Canada might range between 23,025 and 26,209 and based on the average, could come in at 24,935.

Same numbers for Stage 2: 25,267 - 28,762 (27,663)

Stage 3: 27,194 - 30,955 (29,450)

Personally I don't see how Ford Canada could get away with charging a premium of 10% over US pricing, but even if they did that would put the ST at a range of 26,945 to 31,823 for the Stage 3.

So doing the math this way it looks like the ST will start well under 30k.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I know when I worked at Chrysler and the new SRT10 RAM came out the MSRP was $90 and change but the dealership put the price up to $120... Now in order for them to buy the truck they had to buy 9 Crossfires. The truck was on the lot for 3hours and the 9 crossfires were on the lot for 2 years then went for auction.

I'm still sticking my ground on not thinking the new Focus St is going to be all that great compared to some other cars. And thanks Flo for posting the right pic.

We will only see how good this thing is and what its worth when someone buys it lol
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

I think its going to be one hulleva car, especially once the ECU's are figured out. I will certainly go test drive one at the very least, but I'm afraid that since it is wrong wheel drive, I won't be able to justify purchasing it. That kind of money (30k) gets me into a 08-10 STI hatch, or a 07-08 BMW 335i....
(05-10-2012, 02:16 AM)Flofocus Wrote: I think its going to be one hulleva car, especially once the ECU's are figured out. I will certainly go test drive one at the very least, but I'm afraid that since it is wrong wheel drive, I won't be able to justify purchasing it. That kind of money (30k) gets me into a 08-10 STI hatch, or a 07-08 BMW 335i....

This is all true! and 1 can only hope it is priced in canada right. Who knows though... they make take a page out of Subaru's book and mark it up +20%. I cannot wait to see what a good tuning company can do with it and see all the go fast goodies come out and make this a 300+hp fwd monster that will fight you into the ditch at every pedal mash. My real only concern is Direct injection and it's HP limitations.

The problem with buying a 08-10 suby or BMW or Merc or anything really is that it is used and already a few years old.
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

there's pro's and cons to everything, personally, I will never, ever buy a new car ever again unless I win the lottery. I bought my focus brand new, and it was the biggest financial mistake I made in my life. My 06 WRX was bought in 2008 with 26 000km's on it. Still had that new smell to it. Bought my 07 nitro in 2010 with 70k on it. I have no issues buying used- saves me tons of cash. i do my homework so I don't buy lemons (my brand new focus has been the biggest lemon, that brand new car was always in the shop for recalls or something getting fixed) I don't care about warranty, I mod my cars, therefore void the warranty, and do most repairs myself anyways.