Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scarborough Meet??
s**t sorry man, i was about to leave last night and then i got a call from my bro, i had to drive him to the ER, twisted his ankle skate boarding.....Angry spent 6 hours there!!!....not fun...ill try to make the next one....
PPSSSSSSSSSTTTTT......CHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2000 Black zx3-daily driver> Stealth bomber
custom "bigman" turbo, all Black everything, SVT blue interior,
SVT suspension, Magnaflow exhaust, AEM gauges
2000 Yellow ZX3...stock with MRBP exhaust...
1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 swap (work in progress)
2002 focus SE-wrecked/scraped/parted out RIP
1993 Vw Passat 1.9L tdi...das diesel sipper sold parted RIP
1993 mazda B2600 4x4 POS, parted, rusted to pieces
1990 Toyota 4runner 4x4 mud beast
Hello there,
Are these still going on? Also, is it for anyone with a Focus? I have a stock 2008 Ford Focus SE. I'm looking to do some mods to it, I don't really want to tinker with the engine too much. Not in it for the speed... I want a K&N Air Filter and such..but nothing too crazy. But.. I am looking for new rims/tires, and looking to do some mods on the inside, change the front grill, etc.
Also, I'm located in Ajax. I'm gonna wash my car tomorrow and I'll take some pictures and post em.
I'm new to this forum and if this meet is still running I'll be there, I have a 2000 zx3
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

(05-23-2012, 06:15 AM)jtdanks Wrote: I'm new to this forum and if this meet is still running I'll be there, I have a 2000 zx3

We can try it again sometime this week. Possibly same time and place.
(05-23-2012, 09:22 AM)02_Zx3 Wrote:
(05-23-2012, 06:15 AM)jtdanks Wrote: I'm new to this forum and if this meet is still running I'll be there, I have a 2000 zx3

Our experience with the Monday massiv meets in Mississauga was that the key to making it work was to pick a day/time and stick with it, no matter what. At first the turnout was spotty but after a while the numbers grew and everyone who was interested came to rely on the fact of where and when the meet was going to be.

To be honest I don't think trying different days / times / locations will work because there will always be challenges to coming out on a last-minute basis.

So ... to whomever is taking on the challenge of organizing an east end meet I would say pick a time and place that suits you best and then make a point of coming out come hell or high water.

Kevin (focus_man focus) did that for the monday meets and occasionally there would be just two - sometimes me and him, but more often just John and him ... and then he would post up on Tuesday morning about the meet that everyone else missed and we'd post up that we'd make a point of making it out the next time - and we knew exactly when and where that was and it became easier and easier to plan for.

Kevin doing that consistently for literally a couple of years was the reason the Monday meets are the success that they are today - with sometimes as many as 20 to 25 cars out, but rarely less than 10 - including guys from as far away as Hamilton and yes Scarborough and further east.

If you do that - I guarantee that after a while a few of us from the west end will get into the habit of attending an east end meet on a regular basis.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Thanks Ken. It did take a lot of work and consistency, but look at the success.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I can Definetly try and make it out to any meet I just need to know when and where haha, if there's still one going on at that home depot or where ever posted for this thursday I will be there 100%
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

(05-23-2012, 09:22 AM)02_Zx3 Wrote:

I would be down for sure!
red 00' zx3 daily driven

so scarborough meet tonight?? whos in??
7pm at morningside and sheppard.....tim hortons parking lot

I'll be there
red 00' zx3 daily driven

well im out....damn car broke down...get to a set of lights making a left turn...i go to first, pass through the intersection, go to second....then try for third...wont go.....stuck in second....sooo i limped it back to work...put it on the hoist...shift cable broke.....grrrrrrr....$165 each cable...might as well do both.....Angry so pissed

(05-25-2012, 05:03 AM)buzz2.0 Wrote: well im out....damn car broke down...get to a set of lights making a left turn...i go to first, pass through the intersection, go to second....then try for third...wont go.....stuck in second....sooo i limped it back to work...put it on the hoist...shift cable broke.....grrrrrrr....$165 each cable...might as well do both.....Angry so pissed

Sorry I hearSad I just had to replace my whole shift assembly.

Anyone else still going?
red 00' zx3 daily driven

So is anyone going or? Lol
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I actually went, around like 7:30, I just got home now lol
I was there at 730 didn't see any foci
red 00' zx3 daily driven

really ? I went inside timmies also
How many of you were there?
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I was the only one there, but I did see a yellow focus 4 door
I would've gone.. But my work has rotating shifts, We do 2 weeks of Day Shift and 2 weeks of Afternoons Shift. So this past week, and Next week I'm on Afternoons.. But, if it's still going on the week after next I can make it out there for sure.
[Image: bannerfx.jpg]
(05-26-2012, 03:26 PM)ST1TCHx Wrote: I would've gone.. But my work has rotating shifts, We do 2 weeks of Day Shift and 2 weeks of Afternoons Shift. So this past week, and Next week I'm on Afternoons.. But, if it's still going on the week after next I can make it out there for sure.

Lol...i rolled by at around 7 and i didnt see anyone so i left. I will roll by at 7 again this thursday. Timmies at morningside and Sheppard. Probably gonna park in the east parking lot.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  scarborough meet june 7th jtdanks 17 6,036 06-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Last Post: jtdanks
Tongue Scarborough meet may 31 jtdanks 7 3,769 06-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Last Post: jtdanks