Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rendered Speculation
Rendered Speculation: Ford's next Euro Focus to spawn Scirocco-fighting coupe
by Noah Joseph Auto Blog

[Image: focus-coupe-rend.jpg]

Having driven the current European Focus in sporty ST trim and with the even hotter RS version rolling off the assembly line, we can tell you that our friends across the Atlantic have one fine-handling hatchback on their hands. And for the next generation, Ford is planning to give the Focus the styling and rakish profile its chassis deserves.

The next Focus, which we hope will replace the American version as well, will spawn several body-styles. First up to bat will be the C-Max minivan, but while the standard five-door will continue as the mainstay model, a new coupe variant is also in the works. Following the lead of Volkswagen, whose Scirocco cuts a sleeker profile than the Golf/Rabbit on which it's based, and Renault, whose new Megane looks startlingly different in coupe and five-door guises, the Focus coupe will feature a sportier shape while retaining usability. You can bet the design for the new Focus range will follow the cues set down by the Fiesta (which we also drove in Europe), with the coupe adopting more pronounced wheel arches, a higher beltline, angled C-pillars, a sloping tail and sporty aero bits. Inside, the cabin will benefit from a complete redesign, with a central controller that we hope works better than BMW's iDrive. Bank on a lineup of gasoline and diesel engines ranging from 89 horsepower all the way up to 197 ponies. The next-generation ST and RS should up the ante even further. Expect to see the Focus coupe debut later next year, with other variants to follow. We hope and pray Dearborn follows the One Ford plan and brings its best hatchbacks home.

Original Article
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
If that's the real rear quarter, it's DAMN close to the current WRX/STI hatch.

Ick.

Otherwise, it's not bad and if nothing else is a nice evolution of the angular Euro styling. I just don't like the rear end much.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I want one.
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Not bad... cant wait to see if they actually go this way.

[Image: car_photo_300958_25.jpg]

Not too sure about the LED's over the front fog lights though!
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
Looks like a smaller version of the CX7...
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
I miss my Scirocco ...
07' ZX4 SES - Steeda SRI - Xcal3 w/Steeda 91 tune - Hi-flow cat - Magnaflow 2.5 cat back - Massive Strut Bar
123whp - 137wtq (Out of date)
I see a bit of CX7 -- but a lot more of this:

[Image: Volvo%20C30%202-lg.jpg]

[Image: car_photo_300958_25.jpg]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
It kinda does look like the WRX and a hint of Fiesta. I like the wheels, I can't think of a better wheel for the Focus.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
A VOLVO with WRX taillights.

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.
[Image: 2008_impreza_wrx_2.jpg]

Definitely WRX-inspired, but yeah I see the Volvo in it now, too.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Gawd, I just remembered how I hate those rear lights on the c30.
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black