Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I'm Looking At A New Subaru.
My wife's car is on it's last legs.... Exhaust actually comes from the wheel wells now and NOT the back of the car.

So It's time to shop for a new whip.
She likes the Tribeca.

So I was thinking today.... The company I work for does all the advertising for Subaru. (the sumo wrestlers tossing wet sponges around) so I thought I would call the head of the account.

Turns out our staff discount is 500 dollars above cost.

Sounds too good to be true.
[Image: ddeal.jpg]

:banger: :deal:
Or STi!! The Tribeca is a very classy SUV and it should hold its value better then most, good choice
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
they look sweet. i think its the best time to buy a car these days.

also if they have high interest loans you can get it from your LOC. buddy of mine bought a new Jetta TDI and he used his LOC for it. 2.9% sure beats VW 6.9%
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

mo_focus,Feb 6 2009, 10:33 PM Wrote:they look sweet. i think its the best time to buy a car these days.

also if they have high interest loans you can get it from your LOC. buddy of mine bought a new Jetta TDI and he used his LOC for it. 2.9% sure beats VW 6.9%
[right][snapback]280721[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I agree with you on that, and that is a smarter way to buy a car in these times. Your not going pay a ton in interest and you can pay down the LOC as fast as possible before turning it into a loan from the bank.

'03 Focus SVT
not a bad SUV / CUV thing as they look a lot better now then they did when the 1st came out, but keep in mind they just had a recall on them
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Feb 6 2009, 09:19 PM Wrote:not a bad SUV / CUV thing as they look a lot better now then they did when the 1st came out, but keep in mind they just had a recall on them
[right][snapback]280727[/snapback][/right]

Funny, I like the first gen better
Maybe cause my car has the same front :D
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
NikiterZTS,Feb 7 2009, 02:52 AM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Feb 6 2009, 09:19 PM Wrote:not a bad SUV / CUV thing as they look a lot better now then they did when the 1st came out, but keep in mind they just had a recall on them
[right][snapback]280727[/snapback][/right]

Funny, I like the first gen better
Maybe cause my car has the same front :D
[right][snapback]280728[/snapback][/right]

Actually it looks like a pig nose... it's really really ugly before the facelift.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
i guess its a matter of choise.....

true it does look like of pignose or "hawkeyes"
to me it just looks too plain......and i don't really like plain looking cars...

"Pignose" has some kind of a face that no one else dose....
[Image: tribeca.jpg]

the new one looks llike Chrysler Aspen
[Image: chrysler-aspen-fr-115.jpg]

here's from local subi meet
which one is more agressive looking? i think the one on the right :P
[Image: cars016.jpg]
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Have you looked at the ratings and feedback from other owners?

Not good.

And they don't sell alot of them. So expect parts to be expensive in the future when repairs are needed.

Me. I think this is an early April Fool's. Been there done that.

She really likes this thing? Gawd that is a plain Jane ugly beast.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Scratch what I said, if she likes it, the owners reviews are issues you can live with, and the price is right, get it. Better to have a car you really like than one you hate the sight of.
Do you need that much room, Anthony? I see a LOT of people trying to keep up with the large CUV crowd - Acadia et al. The Forester is a great "CUV", has more ground clearance than most other CUVs and gets decent gas mileage. My neighbour has a 2007 and he loves it.

Plus, it's still AWD and it has that nice boxer-4 snarl. :)

The Tribeca strikes me as for people who want to keep up with the Ultra Mommy Wagons, but they want to say they're driving somethign Japanese. In that case, check out the Toyota Venza.

Either way, I'd go Forester. Plenty of room, decent ground clearance for winter and Kamping (or Kancelling on the way there!), easy to load when shopping, hauls a lot (he's a drywall contractor, keeps lots of gear in his).

Or just get a Frank the Wonder Escape and be done with it. I buried mine 2/3rds of the way into the neighbour's yard the other day when I did a Colin McRae entrance to my own driveway - snow clear up to the floorboards. It backed out, and it was DEEP. :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Here's the thing.
My wife and I don't flip cars. we buy them, we drive em' until their dead.
The only reason we went to Subaru is because of the discount we get for being their ad agency. And not to mention, the wife's friend at work has a Tribeca and she loves it. I did due diligence and took a couple of them for a test drive. They're a nice vehicle. But starting out a staggering 43k with a blinding finance rate it would be a stretch to say the least.

We're not cool with hemorrhaging money for the sake of a car. I'd rather continue the accelerated payments on the house :P

The out back and forrester were way too much like a wagon for her. Not sure where she gets it but to her they're big wagons.

It's true fellas, the women buy the cars. :lol:

We also took the Edge limited sport AWD for a rip...nice too, and still in the price range. Are there still people around here that can hook a guy up with deals on Ford?[Image: 2009%20Ford%20Edge%20Sport.jpg]

The main reason we went to look at these (especially after my last ordeal with Ford) was because for years on the golf course, Meford has been telling telling me the Edge is not your typical ford. And it's not. Nice and quiet, good fit and finish, and beautiful paint. (nice work Bryan) Wife liked it.

So then it was off to Toyota to look at the new Venza... Surprisingly affordable, gutless, but all wheel-drive, nice option package,but I think it's a little small on the cargo size.
[Image: toyota-venza-2-big.jpg]

Mazda... Mazda was Mazda, nothing too impressive there. However, i do like the CX-9 but again, with all these cross-over cars, they have that stupid 3rd-row seating that nobody can get to. If I had cirque du solie members in my family, okay.... but I don't want passengers climbing over seats to get the back. Not too mention it's way too big.
[Image: Mazda_CX-7_96.jpg]

After that we were pooped. Car shopping is both stressful and tiring. We're going to take a closer look next week.

Car payments are something we just got used to not paying. it's a big step for us.

To answer your question Adam, like you, Jen and I have a big dog, a ton of crap and quite frankly, I'm done borrowing my friend's Sate Fe every time I need to goto Home Depot for something longer than 3 feet.

we'll keep ya'll in the loop. please let us know if there is smething we should try.
We stayed away from KIA, Suzuki, and Saturn...only because we don't know enough about them.

And GM doesn't have anything on the lot I like the look of either.
tribeca is one ugly ass vehicle.

Fron your list, I'd look at the edge, and the CX7, I drove a CX7, and really like it.

I also drove a freind Murano, that was a good drive too.

Quote:It's true fellas, the women buy the cars.

Yeah, when your whipped. :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I don't get where having "a big wagon" is a bad thing, and then she wants a Tribeca. It's a BIG WAGON! :P No, seriously. It is.

You're screwed. :P

For dog and cargo room but no off-road capacity, I'd get an Edge. With the seats down in the Escape, there's plenty of room. You could leave the tailgate up and carry drywall on an angle, or haul lengths of board/pipe with the tail down and glass up. I love that feature on the Escape and a LOT of SUVs don't do that anymore.

For the record, Tank has room to move around in the back of the Escape. He can lie down with plenty of room, or sit and watch the world go by. He's also over 5 feet long when he stretches out. Or, fold the seats flat and he has his own little kingdom back there. The new Escapes are even better than the 08s (motor, trans) and they have a TON of room. Plus, I hauled a 28' (collapsed) extension ladder back from a buddy's place on the other side of town with no grief... just tied it down to the crossbars and left.

You might want to check it out if you're considering an Edge. :) Then you'll cave and get her a Mariner. :lol: :ph34r:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
LOL.

I'm trying to keep the size of the car down.
Edge is as big as i'll go, and that's even big.

I'm not whipped, I just want a car my wife isn't going to roll her eyes at every time I wash it.
:lol:
ANTHONYD,Feb 9 2009, 11:09 AM Wrote:LOL.

I'm not whipped, I just want a car my wife isn't going to roll her eyes at every time I wash it.
[right][snapback]280765[/snapback][/right]
Fusion AWD + Hidden Hitch + small utility trailer :::: problem solved.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Feb 9 2009, 10:43 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]280767[/snapback][/right]
He doesn't have the driveway room for a trailer.

Nor did I.

So I moved.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Feb 9 2009, 11:58 AM Wrote:

He doesn't have the driveway room for a trailer.

Nor did I.

So I moved.
[right][snapback]280768[/snapback][/right]

working on that part too. :P

UH, maybe I missed that part in my owners manual but where exactly does it say that a Fusion AWD is okayed by Ford to tow a trailer? :blink:

Anthony, if you're going for a new Edge, pony up the extra cash for the AWD and the ESC (Electronic Skid Control) The Fusion and Edge share the same AWD setup mechanically and it's a beast in the Fusion (a more thirsty beast than a FWD Edge yes, but a beast none the less)

...and they have mods for the Edge now (including a nice bodykit from 3D Carbon) :lol:

NefCanuck
i certainly hope you can tow a trailer with a fusion
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]