Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subs in Wagon
I'm trying to plan my system into an '03 ZTW.
I've got my HU, door speakers, subs and amps.
I'm just wondering if anyone has done fiberglass enclosures with amp holders along the sides of the wagon?
I'd like to remove the carpeted sides and replace them with with these so I don't lose cargo room.

Pics or ideas would be great!
yeah, I've done these kind of installs.

Take off any molding, panels, etc you don't need. The area that's getting glassed, i covered it in tin foil, then applied my resin directly to the tin foil. I used the larger weaved fiberglass and cut that up in 4X4" sheets and applied it every where the resin was. Once that is cured, you can pop out the mold and begin making your box.

Lots of how to's out there on youtube you can follow.

Its very time consuming to do it right, but looks so good when it is done.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
That's the plan.
How do the new boxes stay attached to the car?
im planning the same thing in my hatch the way i was gonna secure them is make them tuck under the lip just behind the rear seatbelts and then make a false floor to hold the bottom in if that isn't enough pull the sub out drill some holes through the box and floor (after checking under the car of course) put some bolts through seal them up should be good enough
oh and if ur planning to sound deaden behind it which i would recommend id do it before u start laying glass because the thickness of the deadener will probably cause fitment issues
I would likely just do an 8" Self Powered Bazooka, or a Poweracoustik Thin 13 or Thin 10, driven by one of their razor amps and call it a day. For how infrequently I'd actually have to fold the seats flat or remove the cabinet completely would be an acceptable trade-off or hassel to live with. With a tube or skinny cabinet, you can remove it a lot easier if the car gets written off in a collision, or when it comes time to trade in or sell, than a custom cabinet and amp rack, that you won't recoup your investment in.

I am still planning to do an 8" replacement for the stock Mach 300 8" in my Escape, and a small class D mono block to drive it with, also in the stock location.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installing Subs Into A Focus Se Wagon jimmijam07 15 11,362 07-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Scorcher000