Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! Wiring in ZTW
OK, I pulled the factory stereo from my '03 ZTW and tried to plug in my aftermarket HU that was previously installed in my (now wrecked) '02 SE Wagon.
The wiring harness is all different.
Is there a built-in amp? subs? I can't seem to locate them.
Anyone with info please help!
Multimeter is your friend
(08-05-2012, 06:41 PM)Platinum6316 Wrote: OK, I pulled the factory stereo from my '03 ZTW and tried to plug in my aftermarket HU that was previously installed in my (now wrecked) '02 SE Wagon.
The wiring harness is all different.
Is there a built-in amp? subs? I can't seem to locate them.
Anyone with info please help!

I don't remember Ford of Canada ever offering a sub in the wagon (Ford US might have), but that's not to say that the wiring isn't there.

Sometimes mfg will standardize wiring for all models then simply plug in the option (or not) as called for on any particular vehicle - but it should be easy enough to see if you have a sub or not - just look in the cargo area for the larger side panel and big-ass grill.

AFAIK there are only two questions you need to answer to figure out which wiring adaptor you need - is the HU Blaupunkt or not, and do you have a sub. I'd bet dimes to doughnuts you do not have a sub - is the head unit a Blaupunkt?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I've re-installed the factory HU, but it looks like a standard ford face. I'll pull it again after I move and look again.
I think you might be right ZTW^2 that it's the Blau HU, so getting the VW plug should work.
OK, I've pulled the HU again. It's not Blau. I can't seem to find any adapter that looks right.
I don't want to cut off the factory harness if I can avoid it.
(08-15-2012, 05:41 AM)Platinum6316 Wrote: OK, I've pulled the HU again. It's not Blau. I can't seem to find any adapter that looks right.
I don't want to cut off the factory harness if I can avoid it.
Have you got apicture maybe someone can identify it
I'm such an idiot! I had a Carbon Unit Failure.
The connectors I have ARE correct, I just didn't line them up properly, or push hard enough (insert Tab A into slot B!).
Everything is working the way it's supposed to.
Thanks everyone for your help.
Your not the first I did the same in my ZX3 ;-)