Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steeda svt brake kit?
Hey I just found steeda has all around brake kit from the svt I'm assuming it comes with everything for 1034.99 + tax, is it worth it? Or should I wait and try to peice together my own kit?

http://www.steeda.ca/ford-focus-parts/2....2300-ZX3R/
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

(09-10-2012, 04:11 AM)jtdanks Wrote: Hey I just found steeda has all around brake kit from the svt I'm assuming it comes with everything for 1034.99 + tax, is it worth it? Or should I wait and try to peice together my own kit?

http://www.steeda.ca/ford-focus-parts/2....2300-ZX3R/

That part number is for the Rally Kit (front Rally, rear SVT), not the SVT kit; so the product description is incorrect - the Rally kit did not come with 300mm front rotors.

Ford Racing hasn't produced M-2300-ZX3R for a while now - so it would be valuable for the rear parts especially.

The last time I purchased one for one of the members on here the price was 655 USD before shipping and importation, so if Pat has one it's probably worth the money.

Here's the correct product description: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FMS-M-2300-ZX3R/
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
So I should definitely order this haha
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

Wow thats a crazy price from Steeda. Wouldn't it be easier to search down some parts from a 05-07 St or look at how the Rear brakes from a 2012 piece together. Then just get a hub assembly for the 4X108 and rotors and pads too...?
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

No ones selling and I can't find any
red 00' zx3 daily driven

You dont need disks out back. Get the brembo kit its exspensive but well worth it.
Discs out back are sorta needed for proper braking balance if you have the brembo's. Not only that but it is cheaper and easier to replace disks then drums.

2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
(09-10-2012, 10:15 AM)jtdanks Wrote: No ones selling and I can't find any

Did you call Steeda? What's the story there?
(09-13-2012, 10:39 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: Discs out back are sorta needed for proper braking balance if you have the brembo's. Not only that but it is cheaper and easier to replace disks then drums.

On the track I really noticed the difference between the cars I've had with front SVT brakes and rear drums with those that I've put SVT all round; but then again on the track you always want to acheive 9/10ths braking without getting into the anti-lock and with sticky track tires on a dry track that's a lot of braking.

On the street I'm not so sure how important it is - with panic stops on regular tires and/or wet roads I think the anti-lock system will balance braking before any difference in front / rear balance is felt.

If we're talking about cars without ABS, then for sure - don't do it.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

If we're talking about cars without ABS, then for sure - don't do it.
[/quote]

What do you mean by that? Don't convert?
red 00' zx3 daily driven

(09-14-2012, 01:27 PM)jtdanks Wrote: If we're talking about cars without ABS, then for sure - don't do it.

What do you mean by that? Don't convert?
[/quote]

No ... I meant if you don't have ABS then upgrade all four corners, not just the front ... or if you can't do all four corners then don't do it. If the front brakes are a lot more effective than the rears the problem is they will skid long before the rears actually do much braking at all - in effect you will have just two-wheel braking.

The effect is much less extreme if you have ABS - you just put the pedal to the floor and let the system modulate the braking effect at each corner.

Awesome thanks, and lol yeah my car doesn't have abs so I'll have to wait off, I might be getting a used svt all around kit just waiting for them
red 00' zx3 daily driven

Well the one guy fell threw had a better offer, So im still looking! If I can't find one by November Ill have to give steeda a call for this maybe
red 00' zx3 daily driven

(09-19-2012, 07:14 AM)jtdanks Wrote: Well the one guy fell threw had a better offer, So im still looking! If I can't find one by November Ill have to give steeda a call for this maybe
I'd call Steeda right now - - my bet is they don't have one and can't get them - better to know now IMO

This is true I'll give them a call tomorrow
red 00' zx3 daily driven