Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mechanic
I hope this isn't a repeat from anyone else.

Anyone know of a "relatively" trust worthy mechanic in Guelph.

Took the wifey's focus in for an alignment because it felt like a wobble in the front end was getting worse and worse.

That was yesterday, today, took it for a little drive to the airport, wobble is still there, and now braking from anywhere between 80-120 km/h pretty major pulsating in the brake pedal that was not there, or certainly no where near that bad two days ago.

The tires were new last spring, only seen last summer and this summer, so hardly used.
Brakes were done also May last year.

Need someone who prices fairly, but more importantly knows what they are doing!!
I'm wondering about the two places I am trying now.

Thanks.
Was going to ask who you're using but I'd hate to get into a name bashing debate lol. So...

Car Lane on 24 just south of the Hanlon is your best option for alignments in town.
As for a trust worthy mechanic try Dave at Dave's Garage on York (he's super busy though) or try Justin at True-Center on Elmira Rd. just south of Woodlawn.

Also if it turns out to be a shifted belt in a tire try Yvonne's off of Watson for a single replacement.Big Grin
It sounds like you can have a few problems, pulsation are from your rotors and the wobble can be a few things a bad tire( shifted belt), lumppy tread on the shoulders(most time on inside) or out of balance and doing an alignment would not fix that. If you where closer I would look at it for you but I'm in Hamilton. Hope this helps.
Thanks guys, I shall look into those two places for sure and if I ever need another alignment I will keep Car Lane in mind.
i second seans post about carlane and justin @ tru center. Justin is great and will treat you fair too. He is just up on elmira between speedvale and woodlawn
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Would one guess a wheel bearing issue?
Well got it balanced at my original place, he claimed that the second guy did a horrible job balancing to the extent that one tire was more then an ounce off.
Anyway, not as much wobbling anymore between 100-120, and zero pulsating in the brake pedal when braking from 120 or more.

I will definitely give Justin a shout the next time something goes wrong with either Focus.
Thanks again.