Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SVT Contour- What are they worth?
Hey guys-

I wanted to see if you know roughly what they value's of these cars are nowadays. I recently heard of a SVTC for sale with under 75K's on her, never seen a winter, bone bone stock and the car is MEGA clean top to bottom. Zero rust anywhere.

What would be a good deal for such a car?

Thanks in advance!
(10-06-2012, 02:07 AM)striker Wrote: Hey guys-

I wanted to see if you know roughly what they value's of these cars are nowadays. I recently heard of a SVTC for sale with under 75K's on her, never seen a winter, bone bone stock and the car is MEGA clean top to bottom. Zero rust anywhere.

What would be a good deal for such a car?

Thanks in advance!

The youngest Contour in Canada is now 13 to 14 years old, and while desirable the SVT is not particularly collectible. You could never get a loan to buy such a car and repair parts are already becoming hard to get, especially for the SVT.

On the other side of the coin there is still a small but active core of CSVT enthusiasts here and south of the border and even by today's standards they are a blast to drive.

As for what it's worth the industry basically says next to nothing; Canadian black book doesn't go older than 2000 - so in a sense the answer is whatever you're willing to pay.

A low mileage regular Contour could be had for less than 1k - I wouldn't pay more than 3 for the SVT you describe above - but remember, that's just me.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I understand, however, going by CBB is a bit out there. I know the ins and outs, the positives and negatives of the CSVT but no idea as far as their actual street value is concerned. I'm mostly coming out of a Mustang background and I have a good idea of what they are worth.

I've seen these cars go from $500-$5000 on kijiji, hence why i'm a bit confused.
(10-06-2012, 06:55 AM)striker Wrote: I understand, however, going by CBB is a bit out there. I know the ins and outs, the positives and negatives of the CSVT but no idea as far as their actual street value is concerned. I'm mostly coming out of a Mustang background and I have a good idea of what they are worth.

I've seen these cars go from $500-$5000 on kijiji, hence why i'm a bit confused.

You've hit the nail on the head. Someone familiar with the CSVT and with a good knowledge base of what problems to look out for and sources of information and parts, will place a greater value on the car you mention than someone who doesn't have the same background.

If you're looking for a semi-collectible that will not be your daily driver then you too might put more value on the car than someone who needs reliable day to day transportation.

So all that is to say that there really isn't a proper "street" value because it depends entirely on the person thinking about buying it.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *