Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SVT gas mileage
I've been looking at getting a new ride. Maybe I'm getting to that mid-life crisis, but performance is actually a higher criteria for me now then ever. Enter the SVT Focus. Every so often I see a great one going across the block and am tempted to bite. But I can't seem to get over getting worst gas mileage then my less then perfect `04 Grand Caravan. I realize more gas=more performance. But the thought of spending $75/week on gas seems crazy to me. Why are they so bad on gas? Are the ratings listed fair? Maybe I've just gotten use to looking at economy numbers for newer cars. If people have to drive like I do and their SVT was getting old, I could see them jumping into something new without any big increase in costs.
If you wanna play, you gotta pay.

I'm easily at $70 fill ups on my Subi and it only gets like 420km
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Don't worry your self about gas mileage, I bet it will do just fine, I still get 500km's outta my focus boosted easy
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
i get around 350 to 3/4 of a tank and i drive a bit on the hard side
I get 400-450/tank on 40-42l of 91 in the focus. On the bike I get about the same on 14L Smile
I get 40mpg ave running at 115km/h on the turbo setup w/91 oct when i'm on flatland. Up here I get round 35-38mpg.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
(10-15-2012, 09:28 AM)moon111 Wrote: I've been looking at getting a new ride. Maybe I'm getting to that mid-life crisis, but performance is actually a higher criteria for me now then ever. Enter the SVT Focus. Every so often I see a great one going across the block and am tempted to bite. But I can't seem to get over getting worst gas mileage then my less then perfect `04 Grand Caravan. I realize more gas=more performance. But the thought of spending $75/week on gas seems crazy to me. Why are they so bad on gas? Are the ratings listed fair? Maybe I've just gotten use to looking at economy numbers for newer cars. If people have to drive like I do and their SVT was getting old, I could see them jumping into something new without any big increase in costs.

Did you see my post...? My SVT/RS is for sale. And with the tune, it's not bad on gas at all.
Smile
When I had my two Svt's. I was getting about 9.2l per 100km. My drive is prime time 401 stop and go. I wasn't to soft on the cars, but I wasn't an idiot. My new ride gets me 10.9l per 100km. Same drive and conditions, but I have a lot more power and awd. When it came time for me to pull the trigger for a newer car, I knew I would not be happy with an appliance type car. That being said, buy what you can afford and don't put yourself in financial hard ship.
to Montreal on 3/4s of a tank of shell 91