Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Focus Heater Hose Outlet in Copper
Location- London, Ontario
Price- $60 OBO plus shipping
Contact info- pm me or email at abono88@hotmail.com
Payment info- PayPal + 3% Fee

Many of you guys know how much of a pain the stock heater hose pipe is. As the stock one cracks down the seam or blows up entirely from pressure and heat. Here is your chance to replace it with a copper one, i have 5 of them in total. The only thing you need to worry about is mounts currently i am looking for 1" insulated rubber brackets i have 3/4" but is just a bit small. The copper tube has been sanded to a nice finish and painted with high temp engine enamel 1200 degrees. I experimented with a copper bracket but too many bends and it broke off, the other 4 that i have do not have those two brackets on the tube it is completely smooth.

[Image: IMG_3807_zps7d5cf35a.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3808_zpsad2ceee1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3809_zps9bfc3978.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3810_zpse344e7b2.jpg]

Example of mount that i was trying to find
[Image: IMAG0261_zps725a6fe7.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0262_zps2c5a86ec.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0263_zps0b7d5144.jpg]
Interesting.. did you use type M or type L copper?
I used type M copper as the system at max only will see 15psi of pressure and this is more than capable of handling that. Forgot to mention this has been pressure tested and is currently one of the focus' that i own.
If you would have tig welded it then I think it would look cool, unfortunatly its a neat idea but I'd have a problem putting this under my hood and having people see what looks like household plumbing work patching it together.

Actually it looks pretty good in the focus i have it in and i only did the clear coat enamel because that's what i had at the time. Now i have black high temp 1200 degree paint which should make them look pretty good and essentially just like the black plastic heater hoses that come with the focus. A place in the states was selling aluminum ones at 200+ which didn't seem like a great idea. With the amount of people i hear that have had their heater pipes blow on them this will out do the stock ones easily. That's just my 2 cents though. i care for functionality over looks, looks go only so far until things start breaking down and costing you much more in the end.
Would stainless steel be a better option? Although one would have to have access to a thread cutting machine. I would check a plumbing store, as you might even find an end with two 45's coming off of it. And I'd try to get some barbed ends if hoses attached to it, as wouldn't the copper just crush?
Stainless steel would be a very expensive option for this you need 3 outlets on the heater pipe so that's why it would be hard to make out of stainless. You need to put a y fitting in in their and welding stainless would not be cheap or easy either. I actually work in a copper factory and copper is an extremely heavy duty metal, only when it goes through an annealing process will it become soft and able to crush. Household copper does not go through the annealing process and stays hard. Currently i am developing a new heater pipe one that has the ends of the pipes grooved like how you would expand an exhaust pipe that way the stainless steel clamps that i use to hold the rubber hoses on the heater pipe will have even more to grip onto not allowing it to blow off. Mind you 15psi is very small and a good turn on the clamp will hold it firmly in place.
i like the idea alot..i might look into getting a stainless one made as its very easily accessible for me to get this done.. might cost me a case of beer

if i decide to get one made ill post up
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ford Focus MK1 98-05 Heater Control Unit 0XDESVT 0 1,381 04-11-2012, 02:47 AM
Last Post: 0XDESVT