Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok Crazy Canucks...
Where are my Ottawa , Bretheran , I need a little help , if any of you are mechanically inclined.

Thanks

Greg
What's wrong?
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
the car shakes when accelerating , I have CEL for EGR system, Both are plagueing me and i can`t find a source.

Car shakes when accelerating , worse around 80-90 then dies off over 100. , it feel all rear end . i changed the rear wheel bearings , and links. no change.

CEL for EGR system - by all accounts should have been a DPFE sensor , but i changed it and i still get the CEL for the same thing , Checked all voltages for EGR system and all come back fine. I can only think that it make my the actual EGR valve its self. But i am at a loss , kinda don`t want to throw money away on maybes , so if i can atain some help from local focus folk to make my life easier i would be appreciated.

Check the tire wear.
tire wear is fine. nothing that would cause the shakes i get . The shakes aren`t violent , and i don`t think the car will tear itself to pieces but it is bothering me that i can`t find a source.
Well it could be a number of things. did you check the motor mounts? Does it shake when youstart it up?
no , at idle and slowing down is fine , its accelerating , i thought the same , but hard to see that when the shakeing is coming from the rear end.
Shaking from the rear? It would either be wheel balance or wheel bearing.

Is it at a specific speed, or during acceleration at all times?
++++++++++++++++++++++++
Acceleration all the time. Honestly if your local if you experienced it , it would be a whole lot easier to explain. The shakeing started before i got the rims and tires i have now , and continued after i had them balanced and installed. I also just replaced rear drums and bearings , and it is still doing the same. i also replaced the sway bar links. to no avail .

Greg

Edit: No saying that , just because it feels like its from the rear end doesn`t always mean it is from the rear end. I have experienced in the past when i worked in a shop , that sense of feeling can be a little deceitful

What part of town are you in? I live out in Kemptville, but I work near St. Laurent and the 417 if you wanted to meet me by work sometime.

-Ryan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
I live in nepean , close to the hospital almost to bells corners , i can meet you there , what is he place called and when
(11-16-2012, 02:27 PM)reldridge Wrote: What part of town are you in? I live out in Kemptville, but I work near St. Laurent and the 417 if you wanted to meet me by work sometime.

-Ryan

Let me know when its a good time , and where exactly i can meet up with you.

Thanks

Greg
(11-20-2012, 07:12 AM)incognito27 Wrote:
(11-16-2012, 02:27 PM)reldridge Wrote: What part of town are you in? I live out in Kemptville, but I work near St. Laurent and the 417 if you wanted to meet me by work sometime.

-Ryan

Let me know when its a good time , and where exactly i can meet up with you.

Thanks

Greg

This week is shot. Maybe next week some day? Where do you work?
++++++++++++++++++++++++
I work everywhere Tongue , i go into the retail stores and help people with the windows 8 launch ,so i have a few places . I only work friday, saturday and sunday