50.00%
5 50.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Announcement: Focus Rising 2013
STOLEN FROM FOCALJET FOR US CANADIAN FOLK TO READ

The fifth annual Focus Rising will be held at the Carlisle Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA, June 7 - June 9, 2013. Focus Rising 2013--or FR13 for short--will continue the tradition of bringing a diverse group of Focus enthusiasts together for an event like no other.

The 2013 event will build on the hard work by Ken Appell and crew over the past four years that has turned Focus Rising into a national-level event. Due to Ken's move to Carlisle Events, as Carlisle Ford Nationals Event Manager, the event will be organized by two long-time members of the Focus enthusiast community: Ron Myers, founder of Focaljet.com and Jason Hodges, a well-known voice in the Focus community. Both have been loyal supporters of the Focus since it was introduced to North America in 2000.

Appell's desire to see Focus Rising continue to grow led him to seek someone who shared his passion for the car. "I wanted to be certain that the event carried on because it has brought together so many people over the years. But, I needed someone who could uphold the level of credibility the event has attained," said Appell.

Hodges, who is known as a prominent club member and for giving 100% anywhere he is needed in the community, expressed his interest in the role. "I've really enjoyed Focus Rising and wanted to ensure its success and keep the momentum going," said Hodges. Working alongside each other at previous Focus Rising events, Appell knew he was the man for the job. "I don't know if there is a more committed Focus enthusiast than Jason," said Appell.

Once committed, Hodges approached Myers to co-organize due to his experience in running large-scale Focus events. Myers organized Jetfest '05, the first ever national-level Focus meet, establishing a car count that would set the bar for future events. He also coordinated the motorsport-centric Jetfest 2, held at California Speedway in 2007. "Ron has negotiated a lot of the pitfalls that arise when putting on this kind of event." said Hodges. "His connections in the Focus aftermarket will help us secure key sponsor involvement."

A passionate Focus advocate, Myers was more than happy to join the cause. "I had supported the event for the past couple of years and really admired what Ken had achieved. It's a labor of love, and Ken has done a fantastic job in building the Focus camaraderie on the east coast." said Myers.

Focus Rising 2013 will strive to assemble all Focus enthusiasts, regardless of site or club affiliations. Next year's FR13 schedule of events promises to be engaging and a lot of fun. More details will follow in the near future.

FR13 FocalJet Site

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: 537576_10150926303634477_2147091114_n.jpg]
[Image: 559979_10150926307874477_1340487830_n.jpg]
[Image: 600315_10150926307749477_298380535_n.jpg]
[Image: 182338_10150926314109477_2077714719_n.jpg]

Now, last year was fun! Only 3 members from here (that I can confirm) went to this event. We were hoping for more but we still had a good time without you lol.

This is a year that we should show our growing numbers by heading to the FR13 with a big group of Canucks.

I know I'm in, whether I have the Truck, the 05 Fofo or something else and I'm pretty sure GFXjamie is in because a picture of his drive way shows he’s in lol.

Last year rough cost (Rounding Up) Leave Thursday Come Back Monday
Hotel - $500
Gas - 100
Food - 100
This is what I spent by myself. That doesn't include the jewelry I bought my GF and the crap I bought for my car and the ridiculously cheap booze I bought either lol. $8 for a 750ml of CC That’s just cheap!!!

So let's see who is coming this year. Start saving now. All you need is $50-$100 a pay from now to have a great time.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

deff gonna try my hardest to make it this year
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
between this and focusfest , hard to decide which to attend, Both if i could , but sadly my schedule for the next year may hinder going to either. 2014 may be my year Tongue

Hope members show up
PA is like 9 hours away ?
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
6 hrs from me , give or take.

but with just getting in the military i will be busy for the next few months after end of january
Ya, like 7 hours. It really doesn't take much time to get there. I wasn't even tired and on the ride back it was like 6 hours with a 2 hour feeling.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Man, this is the stuff I like to read, I so wanna go and will so be there!
I want to go sooo bad but gaaaah the distance! Plus more of my focus fanatic friends are going to focus fest, and that's an even further distance Sad
(12-13-2012, 09:51 AM)2MuchDub4U Wrote: Man, this is the stuff I like to read, I so wanna go and will so be there!

i dont wanna go anymore Angel
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Yo guys I'm really down to make the drive with anyone on here, I've been all googly eyes for last years event. This year I'm going.
2007 black Ford Focus 2.0L zx3.
Powertrain: K&N short ram intake,CFM 65mm throttle body,Fswerks under drive pulley kit,2.5" Fswerks race exhaust,fswerks tune.
Drivetrain: Steeda short throw shifter,ST knob,stage 2 Exedy clutch/flywheel.
Suspension/Chassis: VF rear engine poly mount, all Fswerks-front upper stress bar,rear upper stress bar,front lower stress bar, SVT suspension kit with Ford Racing lowering springs,CFM tubular control arms.
Brakes/Wheels: Ford Racing black rally rims with Maxis rubber, Marco slotted and drilled front rotors,blue Hawk pads,1" spacers at rear,.5" spacers at front.
Cool stuff: 10" P1 sub with JBL amp,lime green valve cover with Fswerks engine cover custom.Big Grin
I'd like to go also , just need to check into any insurance crap and save my money lol
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
Won't be there this year --- already committed to the annual golf trip I skipped last year to go to Carlisle. Have fun though!
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
I already booked my vacation time bout two weeks after this. ill be in Punta Cana for a wedding so i guess i definitely wont be going this year.... again... damn.
Current: 2006 Focus ZX4 ST. Tuxedo Black and Sterling Grey
Mods: 7" double din Alpine touch screen audio unit, K&N typhoon CAI, Steeda short shifter, custom two tone paint, rear wing delete, Angel eye headlight kit with 6000K HID upgrade, tinted windows, tail lights, and marker lights, Eibach Sportline springs on Tokico shocks and struts, Eibach front and rear sway bar kit. 17x7 Ikon Black Zen Wheels. Massive front and rear upper strut bar.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Focus Rising 2015 Scorcher000 4 3,692 05-24-2015, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Scorcher000
  Focus Rising 14 and Fiesta Rising 14 - June 6-8 2014 Scorcher000 55 30,011 06-12-2014, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Scorcher000
  Focus Rising 2011 GFXjamie 32 17,855 05-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Mystake
  Focus Rising Mystake 30 20,743 06-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Spinal