Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing front K-Member in ZX3...
I'm guessing this isn't overly expensive, if one was to find another k-member in good shape and get it swapped. However, if LOT'S of stuff has to come apart, then maybe not so cheap. I remember having mine unbolted and dropped down to provide access to the front swaybar when I did the multimatic/dynamic suspension.

Anyone have any advice on this? I am in fact talking about on a ZX3...no particular reason...Wink
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Mods, please move this thread to the appropriate sub forum if it's not in the right one at the moment.

I am in fact looking at maybe buying a 2000 ZX3 with 130,000 km's on it for a pretty low price, and in overall good shape. The current owner still drives it daily, and they have informed me that it will need the front subframe piece replaced to pass safety again. I wonder if anyone on here has experience in replacing these, and if it's best to just get a fresh one from Ford or a find a newer one (2003-2004 that's mostly rust free). The car has low km's, 5 speed, and appears to have no surface rust. For the price the person wants to sell it for, as-is, the K-member is something worthwhile to overlook, especially when it's got fairly new brakes all the way around, and tires and everything else that will allow it to pass safety.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Moved Smile

I tried to remove the two I had on the SVT's, I ended up just snapping sockets on the bolts holding it on..I think I went through a few mastercrafts, then I did find an old snapon that also busted, finally I tried the impact with no luck. I gave up because well there was no real point I just wanted to remove it Tongue

I don't see why you would need a new one unless there was an accident or another issue...?
I just did a power steering rack and pinion swap on my zx3. relatively easy. spray it all down couple days before. get an impact socket believe 4 are 18 and 2 are 15s and a breaker bar.

Mine came out pretty easy. I was using a 2foot breaker bar and didnt have too much trouble. Once the bolt is broken free, I used an impact to keep walking the bolt in and out. buffed and put some thread sealer/antiseize and shoved'r back together.

I may also have a subframe for you off my parts car. Send me a PM if you're serious.
'01 Black Focus ZX3
Custom FI Built 2.2L Zetec // CM Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel // X3 Tune FSWERKS// Ford SVT Brake Kit F&R// KW Springs // KYB AGX Shocks // 22 & 25mm Eibach Sway Set // 2000 Ported IM // FC TB // SVT Header // 3" Custom Header-back Exhaust //many more mods to come...