Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focusbc.net?
Anybody know what happened to the website? Mitch bail because of inactivity? Just curious. I have a look a few times a week but there's nothing there. Website is still there but no threads.
(01-14-2013, 03:44 PM)Krusty Driver Wrote: Anybody know what happened to the website? Mitch bail because of inactivity? Just curious. I have a look a few times a week but there's nothing there. Website is still there but no threads.

Wasn't Mitch back on here a few weeks ago with pics of his new 2013 Focus SE?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I don't know if he was or not. It seems that since all the old guard have moved on interest seem to have waned.
(01-15-2013, 04:22 AM)Krusty Driver Wrote: I don't know if he was or not. It seems that since all the old guard have moved on interest seem to have waned.

Yeah it was Jason on here a couple of weeks ago, if Mitch is ZX3TUNING, he hasn't been on here since 2010
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Hmmmm..... So no answer as to what's going on?
I sent Mitch a message on FB will let you know whats going down on the Wet Coast.
Mitch killed it due to lack of activity.
Figured as much.
(01-15-2013, 06:42 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote:
(01-15-2013, 04:22 AM)Krusty Driver Wrote: I don't know if he was or not. It seems that since all the old guard have moved on interest seem to have waned.

Yeah it was Jason on here a couple of weeks ago, if Mitch is ZX3TUNING, he hasn't been on here since 2010

Mitch and I had a falling out over his sponsorship of the site (ie, free advertising, and no sponsorship money).. so yeah...

The focus community is in a bit of state of flux, but there's lots of room here for everyone.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

LOL yea.... I totally saw it coming. I was the "PostWhore" of Focus BC.... asking questions, posting random stuff up, polls etc etc. Some would've called it post-whoring.... I called it keeping a community that I once cherished, alive by poking and prodding for involvement from its members.

After getting nothing but negative and one track minded feedback:
-"You shouldn't run a wideband sensor because I don't think its a good idea, it wastes the sensor" (much rather kill a sensor than the engine its monitoring)
-After posting a picture of a brand new turbo I got from a friend I got laughed at because it wasn't clocked. That takes what, all of 1 minute to do?
...And because of those examples and many more I was dubbed an idiot and any request for help mocked at. Where's the community attitude there?!

Being scapegoated for so long requires ALOT of patience..... and frankly it ran out! I put in my final post, forecasted the demise of FocusBC and never turned back.......

.... it seems I was right. Now, the only memory of FocusBC I have is the logo burned into the inside of my rear tinted windows from having the decal there for so long. To anyone who knew my car and the mods/issues I had, thinking "I wouldn't touch your car with a 10 foot pole" well.... 256,000km on my SVT running strong with a redline everyday still says alot Smile

Now enough negativity! I'd be open to a new community with positive and open minded members, not a totalitarian Ford Focus community LOL! Focus Canada doesn't seem to have enough of a presence here in BC unfortunately Sad Any ideas on building the BC Community? I'm sure we'd get ALOT of really nice things done to the MK4's!! <3 Especially that now we actually have a REAL ST here!
Loyal Focus Owner!!!
First: 2003 Ford Focus ZX5
Second: 2002 Ford Focus SVT (#2808 of 4788)
How did the turbo work out anyways?
I was super close from getting it all ready to go. All I really need is injectors and piping...... then my priorities changed.

I plan on, after paying off some debt, picking up and leaving Canada for some time. Doesn't make sense to be dumping money into a car when I could, potentially, be finding permanent work elsewhere. I could always ship the parts and boost a DIFFERENT focus considering the MK1 is a world-car Wink hehehe

If anyone wants to buy a turbo though.... I've got a spare turbo I want to get rid of... brand new never used. Hybrid turbo.... Garrett Intake side...... Borg-Warner Hot Side....
Loyal Focus Owner!!!
First: 2003 Ford Focus ZX5
Second: 2002 Ford Focus SVT (#2808 of 4788)
You can't build bc without members there passing out pimp cards and inviting those to the site. Aside from that it is google traffic and the odd referral from fj/ff
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily