Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help buying a new vehicle
Heyo, so my cousin is looking to buy a new car and she wants a Hyundai Elantra -__- please help me talk her out of it, she said she wants a - Sedan 4 Door, with Heated Seats and a Deck that allows her to hook her ipod up too,must be new and must look sexy, she is looking to put a down payment of 5,000 and looking to pay about 300 a month on car payment, and doesn't want to pay more then 19,000 to 21,000 on the vehicle, she told me not to bring her a ford, but all minds can be changed Tongue so if anyone has any good ideas, please shoot them at me I don't want my family having a Hyundai Sad lmao!
(02-01-2013, 08:16 AM)2MuchDub4U Wrote: Heyo, so my cousin is looking to buy a new car and she wants a Hyundai Elantra -__- please help me talk her out of it, she said she wants a - Sedan 4 Door, with Heated Seats and a Deck that allows her to hook her ipod up too,must be new and must look sexy, she is looking to put a down payment of 5,000 and looking to pay about 300 a month on car payment, and doesn't want to pay more then 19,000 to 21,000 on the vehicle, she told me not to bring her a ford, but all minds can be changed Tongue so if anyone has any good ideas, please shoot them at me I don't want my family having a Hyundai Sad lmao!

You may not want to hear this ... but I went through the same thing 12 years ago with my wife's sister. Tried talking her into a Focus; she liked the car but too much money.

So against my advice she bought a Hyundai Accent for less than 10k. She put almost 240k on it, did the brakes twice (cheap as dirt, I did it) changed the oil regularly, recharged the a/c once and we did a tune up couple of times (dirt cheap) and that was it. 100% reliable and dependable, it didn't drop pieces or fluid on the driveway, and she got more than $1000 for it on a trade in for VW Golf City, which she got for less than $14k. She never actually said "I told you so" but when she told me she did all her research and wanted the Golf, I didn't try to talk her out of it - I just helped her get the deal she wanted.

I recently rented a Hyundai Sonata and I have to tell you - there were things I didn't like about the car, but IMO Hyundai is about as close to Japanese quality as you can get without actually being there.

The Pony was a joke but they have seriously upped their game - it's hard not to put a Hyundai on almost any shopping list today.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Got my wife the 2012 Elantra last year. It's a great little car for a women, it goes,it stops it looks good. No issues so far, drives nice although the suspension is a little harsh over speed bumps but great on the hwy. Haven't been able to get the gas mileage they say it can, even the newer corrected version. The 6spd auto is slick, my wife puts it in drive and goes, I use the manual mode and it's been great. I have no problem recommending the Elantra. My wife really liked the interior better than the Focus (you know I tried). Been happy with it, and the servicing intervals were longer and cheaper than my Focus.
I know but still Tongue thats the thing though, you buy cheap, you most likely get cheap, trying to point her to a Mazda 3 cause they are affordable, the focus's almost are but I know I can get her to like a mazda, cause well I already did Tongue
I like popular vehicles, but most because I'll drive them to the ground and used parts, aftermarket or stock, get easy to find.
I just don't like supporting Hyundai or Kia in general but if she likes the car why not. I would much rather get a VW than a Hyundai ., aren't the new Jettas cheap ?
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
(02-01-2013, 03:36 PM)2000zx3sct Wrote: I just don't like supporting Hyundai or Kia in general but if she likes the car why not. I would much rather get a VW than a Hyundai ., aren't the new Jettas cheap ?

Not sure, im looking into Mazda 3 for her cause she likes the way it looks xD
Fiat 500. Safe , cheap , good on gas , fun to drive.
I don't like those Fiats because they're all but non-existent outside of Toronto. iI don't know where I could find an experienced mechanic where I live.
Nothing wrong with the elantra, why not? What moon111 said...popular cars, spare parts....When my focus needs replacing i'll probably find the cheapest popular econobox I can and roll with that point A to point B is all I care about and as cheap as possible.

I don't care about looking cool or being cool, only advantage to getting older...
(02-03-2013, 12:14 PM)hardk0re Wrote: Nothing wrong with the elantra, why not? What moon111 said...popular cars, spare parts....When my focus needs replacing i'll probably find the cheapest popular econobox I can and roll with that point A to point B is all I care about and as cheap as possible.

I don't care about looking cool or being cool, only advantage to getting older...

Lmao, just cause my cousin is young still, so wants somthing sexi and popular to the younger crowd
I have to ask why brand new? I realize someone has to buy the new cars but honestly they are always such a bad deal especially when buying lower end cars. At least that's my experience.
Veloster turbo
Only because I hear the non-turbo is way underpowered
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
When I went looking for a minivan, the lowest option model was the same price as most used model available with lots of options, that in my opinion are vastly-overrated, troublesome over time, and cost way too much. Factor in the mileage we will drive it, it comes to an extra 1 1/2 years of driving for the same price. Warranty and free oil changes, buying new wasn't such a bad deal.
What's work with a Hyundai?
My wife drives one, and it happens to be a far superior car for the money.
Buy a lease return. Best bang for your buck, period. The largest portion of the depreciation has already happened, it's been dealer serviced from day 1 (well, at least one can hope it has been), and you'll still get the full warranty and customer service you would if you had bought it new.

Personally, I won't but Hyundai's/Kia's or Toyotas or Hondas...they don't do it for me. For small cheap cars...Chevrolet Sonic Turbo or RS, or Chevy Cruze LTZ. They get pretty much rave reviews all over the net, have an aftermarket following, and are cheaper (sorry Ford) than the Fiesta (well, the Sonic's are). The new Dodge dart is an awesome little car too. LOT of content for the money. If more people would give the domestics a 2nd look, they would likely be surprised, and perhaps a little impressed too...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
I got my cousin hooked on mazda 3 right now lol
Well I'm glad , keep her away from the Hyundai dealership lol
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
(02-08-2013, 10:51 AM)Drivesthebeast Wrote: Buy a lease return. Best bang for your buck, period. The largest portion of the depreciation has already happened, it's been dealer serviced from day 1 (well, at least one can hope it has been), and you'll still get the full warranty and customer service you would if you had bought it new.

Personally, I won't but Hyundai's/Kia's or Toyotas or Hondas...they don't do it for me. For small cheap cars...Chevrolet Sonic Turbo or RS, or Chevy Cruze LTZ. They get pretty much rave reviews all over the net, have an aftermarket following, and are cheaper (sorry Ford) than the Fiesta (well, the Sonic's are). The new Dodge dart is an awesome little car too. LOT of content for the money. If more people would give the domestics a 2nd look, they would likely be surprised, and perhaps a little impressed too...

The chevy sonic and cruze arnt very good. Chevy has not put out a decent since god knows when. My 2003 focus has a better interior then the newest of chevys, so much cheap plastic is used in chevy interiors. The fiesta is mdore money yes but its worth the extra $$$
I'm trying to make a long distance deal with someone about their car, and will likely be coming back to the Focus fold...So after not owning one for almost 5 years now, and wanting another, that should be an indicator of how awesome the Focus is...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...