Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad News.....
So as i am still at Basic , and i had a leave weekend last weekend , my car decided it had enough. The transmission , i beleive is toast. Took of from a light , it grinded and dam near instantly wasn;t in gear anymore , and would not get into gear at all.

So i am left with a few options. Which i would like some opinions as time can be a issue.

Option1: Find a used transmission , relativly inexpensive, and have it installed ( preferred option)

Option 2 : sell the car to someone who wants a amazing condition car that needs a transmission.

Option 3 : sell the car and buy another focus.

If anyone has any insight on transmissions that are close to Ottawa let me know. I don't have the time to go to a yard and pull one out on my own so that idea is out. i need a transmission that is already out and works.

Thanks ahead of time.
it is an auto?
yes with traction control.
damn dude that sucks , I think my tranny is on its way out also . I've told myself of this ever hapoens to me I'm just gonna buy a manual
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
Maybe a cv shaft is done
(02-28-2013, 11:56 AM)incognito27 Wrote: yes with traction control.

I'm pretty sure the traction control is a part of the engine management / braking systems and unrelated to the transmission - - and I know in the GTA there are a number of wrecking yards that will also install major components like transmissions - - perhaps the same where you are - - good luck.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Isn't lentech in Ottawa ? I'm not saying buy a perf tranny from them but maybe they have something they can do. Have some stock or fix what you got...
If you can wait 8 to 10 weeks for my new ST to arrive, I may have a super reliable (everything works) boosted Focus for sale.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
do a manual swapWink
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
I am 99% sure its not a cv shaft , and thats based on how it happened.

What happened: Slowed down for a light , and it changed to green , stepped on the gas again , and then heard a grinding and metal breaking sound , and then the car felt like it was in neutral. Engine revved but no power to the wheels. If a CV shaft broke i would hear something while revving or moving in gear.

Id love to b able to wait , and i may have to depending on cost. but as i am at basic its kinda hard for me to organize a whole lot from afar. i have some annual leave to use which i will use to assess the situation. so Dblast keep me posted on your focus maybe send me some pics and location and so on.

I wish i could do a manual conversion , but would probably cost to much for my budget .

As for Lentech i will have to have a look and see what options they have .

Thanks again all.
Just out of curiosity does anyone within reasonable distance to Ottawa happen to have a auto transmission that will work on a 03 focus ?
(03-02-2013, 08:20 AM)incognito27 Wrote: Id love to b able to wait , and i may have to depending on cost. but as i am at basic its kinda hard for me to organize a whole lot from afar. i have some annual leave to use which i will use to assess the situation. so Dblast keep me posted on your focus maybe send me some pics and location and so on.

Here are the specs:
2000 Malibu Blue Focus ZX3 bought new Aug 30, 2000 (original owner) 199000km
JRSC, safe reliable chip tune by Steeda (probably the longest running boosted car on this forum), custom intake with K&N cone filter, SVT header, RT hi flow cat (passed etest 4 times already with this setup) hi flow flex, 2.5" exhaust with resonator welding in for that stealth mellow tone, FRPP lowering springs with SVT dampers (recent replacement), Steeda Short shifter, Steeda pedals, Euro 2002 facelift headlights painted black, Euro upper and lower grills, New (2012) Falken tires on 17" rims, good Falken winter tires (on third winter) on stock 15" wheels.

Welll maintained daily driver, rustcheck every year since new, synthetic oil and OEM filter every 5K, recent brakes (2012) rotors, pads, and rear drums. New OEM upper motor mounts (2013), coolant flush (2013). This car runs great and is reliable (it is my daily driver that I take my kids to school in). Everything works, nothing leaks (come take a look at my garage floor where it has been parked every night for the last 13 years).

I am in the GTA but I don't have any recent pictures at the moment but here is an old video of my car from a past cruise:

[Image: th_fc7.jpg]

If the Focus ST had not shown up, I would still drive my 2000 for many more years to come. I may end up giving the car to my daughter to drive.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Lentech out in Richmond. Get it there ASAP.

http://www.lentechautomatics.com/

They are well known for building performance automatics for Foci and Mazda3s. Have them build you a good street transmission, and you'll never have problems again.
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
i called them , but they couldn't get it done in time for me. the only shop that could have guaranteed me everything done by wednesday night was mister transmission in Kanata , which worked for me. they called me literally 3 hrs after i dropped it off , they said it looked to be an issue in the differential but they have to get it apart to verify , waiting on a call currently.
So the issue was int he differential , the bearing , and splines got damaged. so its not a huge fix , big but not huge , car will be out of the shop tomorrow. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
I worked at CFB Trenton, they have a car club for military personal. Anything like that there? Good place to do work. I helped a friend fix his minivan there.
i am at St jean for basic at the moment , but when i get to Kingston there is a car club and i fully plan on becoming a member and spending all sorts of cash on my car then. I got plans , just gotta get it done Tongue and hope nothing major goes wrong Tongue
The car club is fantastic, Borden has one. Or had one i should say its been closed for a year now because people were stealing money from it so the MP's shut it down. Some people have to ruin things for everyone.
2003 ZX5
"I feel like a silver bullet"
SVT wheels
SVT suspension
AEM intake
With a hint of dip

[Image: 158491.png]