Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GROUP BUY - NEOMOTORSPORT COILOVERS
I spent the weekend at MegaSpeed and spent quite a bit of time talking to the Neo Motorsports rep from Taiwan - and to make a long story short, I was impressed with the company and with the product - as much as you can be impressed without actually driving them.

So through Rick at Garage16 we have the opportunity to buy Neo Motorsport coilovers at 30% of the MSRP, if we have a group of 3 or more.

I've ordered the Green Line, and so we need two more to make the group. We have 'till the middle of April, but frankly I don't want to wait that long - when you see the specs for what I've ordered you will understand why I want these on the track real bad.

SO GROUP BUY ENDS APRIL 12, 2013

Of their three lines of coilovers, they offer two of them for Focus - Blue and Green. Blue is available with two different spring rates.

*Go to very bottom of page for link to their website. Use the link because their home page isn't working. BTW - Head Office for North America is in Markham

Blue = 1,099.00 less 30% = 769.30 + HST

[Image: neo-blue-3f807257fe97e02de5eaae84daf3d460.png]

The BLUE features:
- Twin-tube design
- Nitrogen gas insert
- X-Large 25 mm piston diameter
- Ride height adjustable via lower mount
- Spring preload adjustable
- Aluminum alloy shock mounts (forged or extruded depending on application)
- Full-length dust boots
- Fully rebuildable
- 1-year manufacturers defect warranty

Green = 1,579.00 less 30% = 1105.30 + HST
[Image: neo-green-46f52afb80e1ace13ab436a26b80af1e.png]

The NEO Green series feature:
- Steel damper construction
- Twin-tube design
- Nitrogen gas insert
- 12 dampening settings
- Massive 30 mm piston diameter
- Shortened shock body for lowered ride heights
- Ride height adjustable via lower mount
- Spring pre-load adjustable.
- Camber adjustable via upper mount (on most applications)
- Aluminum alloy shock mounts construction (forged or extruded depending on applications)
- Fully rebuild-able
- 1-year manufacturers defect warranty

http://www.neo-motorsport.com/suspensions
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Damn I wish I had more time and I'd get a set for my mazda5
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I would be interested in the blue if enough people will buy
nvm, looked into more and not what I want
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

Well - you and me make two - - just one more.

(04-01-2013, 03:18 AM)Anthony Wrote: I would be interested in the blue if enough people will buy
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

Honestly I would get a pair but I don't have the cash now. I am just about to get started on my new job on the 15th. If you had done this later on in the year you know I would have been number 3.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

(04-04-2013, 10:44 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: Honestly I would get a pair but I don't have the cash now. I am just about to get started on my new job on the 15th. If you had done this later on in the year you know I would have been number 3.

Unfortunately John the timing wasn't mine to make - it all started with the Megaspeed discount which expires April.

Just one more person Tongue
hmmm this looks like a bomb deal
Garage16 sells ksports for around that price... If I hadn't picked up a set used off a buddy that would be my route.
thats where these are from garage16
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
That's my point.. Why spend that much money on an unknown coilover when ksport which had many satisfied people running them are the same price if not a little less and both available from the same place.... Just my $0.02.
(05-06-2013, 10:21 PM)davr89 Wrote: That's my point.. Why spend that much money on an unknown coilover when ksport which had many satisfied people running them are the same price if not a little less and both available from the same place.... Just my $0.02.

A reasonable question ... most of the answer is in the op - I spent a weekend with Rick and with the manufacturer's rep - got pricing for k-sports from Rick, and compared specs (particularly spring rates and tube size) and for what I need, the neosport offered a better combination of value (with the substantial discount) and performance. the neosport brand may be unknown, but the manufacturer isn't and there are plenty of their products on the street under a variety of different brand names.

bottom line: there wasn't a comparable k-sport model within $300 of what I paid for the neosports.