Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interior paint
I would like to freshen up my interior on my 03 ZX5. It has the premium package with the grey leather seats, and the dash is all grey so it looks kind of lame. The outside of my car is also silver. I'm just not sure what colour to go with that would look good, if anyone one on here has painted their interior it would be awesome if you could post some pictures in this thread so I could get an idea what to do. May also help others with the same idea. thanks
2003 ZX5
"I feel like a silver bullet"
SVT wheels
SVT suspension
AEM intake
With a hint of dip

[Image: 158491.png]
[Image: DDA1AD27-8D64-4A3C-956A-CF7C72E147FB-309...0f2077.jpg]
[Image: 55736AD1-A64A-40B4-A879-2BE94167D37C-309...95a5f5.jpg]

CAMO-IN-A-CAN Wink
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
I went blue with mine, I had the same grey interior. Blue looked alright. Got some blue and black cheap seat covers too and blue LED's under the dash. I'll see if i still have a pic of it and post it!

I've seen red done...but with the light grey it doesnt look that good. I'd go blue and silver. they go best together.
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
(04-10-2013, 12:44 PM)Lucster1000 Wrote: I would like to freshen up my interior on my 03 ZX5. It has the premium package with the grey leather seats, and the dash is all grey so it looks kind of lame. The outside of my car is also silver. I'm just not sure what colour to go with that would look good, if anyone one on here has painted their interior it would be awesome if you could post some pictures in this thread so I could get an idea what to do. May also help others with the same idea. thanks

post up some pictures of your car and the interior.. make it easier for us to help you out
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
(04-10-2013, 11:38 PM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [Image: DDA1AD27-8D64-4A3C-956A-CF7C72E147FB-309...0f2077.jpg]
[Image: 55736AD1-A64A-40B4-A879-2BE94167D37C-309...95a5f5.jpg]

CAMO-IN-A-CAN Wink

did you paint the HVAC knobs? i like that idea.
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
No those are billet knobs
Instagram @o_so_slo
Cfm has them on clearance.
aren't those parts dipped?

just do NOT do a bright blue, red, yellow, green...that just looks awful. I like what drunkinmonkey did, blends in nice with the dash and not hard on the eyes.
(04-11-2013, 03:20 AM)hardk0re Wrote: aren't those parts dipped?

just do NOT do a bright blue, red, yellow, green...that just looks awful. I like what drunkinmonkey did, blends in nice with the dash and not hard on the eyes.

Agreed and goes good with his outter paint too
These are just pictures off the internet, but I have the exact interior minus the auto stick.

2003 ZX5
"I feel like a silver bullet"
SVT wheels
SVT suspension
AEM intake
With a hint of dip

[Image: 158491.png]
(04-11-2013, 12:09 PM)Lucster1000 Wrote: These are just pictures off the internet, but I have the exact interior minus the auto stick.

Damn that is boring looking!, even my stock look is black and doesnt look that boring Tongue
Hmmmm. You could do white accents, black accents. I wouldn't go anything crazy like yellow,green,red,etc. nice subtle colours
Instagram @o_so_slo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interior Pillar Paint OAC_Sparky 15 5,032 04-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Last Post: meford4u
  Prepping Interior Parts For Paint smith21 4 1,476 09-15-2005, 11:01 AM
Last Post: _JC_
  Interior Paint Done! focusonthis88 19 4,865 05-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Last Post: naz
  Interior Paint Options FocusTunerzx3 11 3,541 03-24-2005, 01:23 PM
Last Post: smith21