Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yay! Your Back
Nice to see the site back up and runningWink
wooohoooo great work Steve!!!!!
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
so what happened?
According to the hosting provider we were compromised in a hack.

Someone did place malware somewhere on the site, but it wasn't linked from our site, and it wasn't placed through the site's software.
I get a feeling someone built a site, and found a symlink vulnerability to our shared hosting directory and dropped some crud in there.

Of course, the timing couldn't have been worse, since it happened about 3 days into my 2 week vacation, and then I had courses and personal stuff I had to do while trying to get the site restored.

To their credit, the hosting provider was nice enough to let me grab the database before wiping and recreating the account, so we were able to retain all of our posts and users with only a minimum amount of grief. That part took a little longer than I had hoped since they had to make an exception to their policies to make it happen.

So all-in-all it was just one of those perfect storms of vacation-hacked-bad backups-support delays....

Hopefully we're back on track now -- just need to re-enable stuff like tapatalk, and the new skins, which will come over the next few weeks.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

how come recently we are getting hacked and what not? his this issue been going on the length of the forum?
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Welcome back!
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Whew. What a bender I have been on. Had to stop the shaking somehow.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I missed this place
WOOOOOO!!! missed you site !
I was lost but now im found lol. Welcome Back
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Home <3
Were we able to restore Microbunny?
^-- his account still exists

i think i checked to see if this was working every day while it was down, glad to see it back up. And i dont think that anyone would be upset that you had other things to do while on vacation lol
(05-02-2013, 01:56 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: how come recently we are getting hacked and what not? his this issue been going on the length of the forum?

We're constantly being hacked... It's always a game of keeping the software one step ahead of the hackers.

Unfortunately, it just happened that some of the software components we used weren't updated appropriately, so some attacks got through.... a real pain in the ass.

Anyone who says open source is better than windows hasn't bet their business on it... it's a lot of on-going work.

Anyhoo.. I think we're in the clear for now -- I wouldn't expect the script kiddies to get through for the next little while.