Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Place To Get Car Repainted...
Hey guys,

I have a '01 Black ZX3 and i've got some rust thats starting here and there, its barely noticeable (bottom of the driver side door and small amount on the back hatch on the inside rim)

I've been thinking about it for a while and wondering if either its worth to get it sandblasted hardcore and repainted properly or just do it myself with some sandpaper and a can of paint (not literally but i'm sure you get the idea).

Anyone know of a good reputable place to go and get'r done? or at least get a price on it. Any rough ideas on costs to get someone to do it?

I would like to keep the car for another 3-4 years if i can stretch her that far so keeping her lookin nice would keep me pretty happy.

Thanks in advance!
'01 Black Focus ZX3
Custom FI Built 2.2L Zetec // CM Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel // X3 Tune FSWERKS// Ford SVT Brake Kit F&R// KW Springs // KYB AGX Shocks // 22 & 25mm Eibach Sway Set // 2000 Ported IM // FC TB // SVT Header // 3" Custom Header-back Exhaust //many more mods to come...
shadowzx3,Jan 11 2009, 03:12 PM Wrote:Hey guys,

I have a '01 Black ZX3 and i've got some rust thats starting here and there, its barely noticeable (bottom of the driver side door and small amount on the back hatch on the inside rim)

I've been thinking about it for a while and wondering if either its worth to get it sandblasted hardcore and repainted properly or just do it myself with some sandpaper and a can of paint (not literally but i'm sure you get the idea).

Anyone know of a good reputable place to go and get'r done? or at least get a price on it.  Any rough ideas on costs to get someone to do it?

I would like to keep the car for another 3-4 years if i can stretch her that far so keeping her lookin nice would keep me pretty happy.

Thanks in advance!
[right][snapback]279400[/snapback][/right]

Pics might be good ... but based on your description, and if the paint is otherwise in good shape, this sounds like something you could / should do yourself.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
And your from where?
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I'm from Mississauga, I live out in Guelph though during the school year so it doesn't matter too much as to where a place would be.

Also, I will get pics up soon, no point in taking pics when the car is filthy, haha.
'01 Black Focus ZX3
Custom FI Built 2.2L Zetec // CM Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel // X3 Tune FSWERKS// Ford SVT Brake Kit F&R// KW Springs // KYB AGX Shocks // 22 & 25mm Eibach Sway Set // 2000 Ported IM // FC TB // SVT Header // 3" Custom Header-back Exhaust //many more mods to come...