Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damaged drive shaft
Ok curious on what a damaged cv shaft would feel like, or if the bearings just really fd up. At the track yesterday and it was fine all day until the drive home.
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

I think you could only tell if you actually try to grab the shaft and move it by hand for the axle. A wheel bearing you should be able to turn the wheel in a circle and if you turn right and hear it, it is the left bearing going and that goes the same way for the other side too. Turn left and if you hear it, it is the right side.

But, if it's the axles bearing, like I said just grab it and see if it moves.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Well both my assumptions were wrong.. I was missing two wheel nuts thanks to ford... I got two more for the ones that fell off and then went around to torque all the other wheels... And non were torqued.. Gotta love ford dealerships
red 00' zx3 daily driven

I have a little stock pile building of extra parts building, MSG if you need anything

WOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Honestly I'm kind of not surprised lol.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Lmao they're winners over at formula ford
red 00' zx3 daily driven

or just do your own work and don't take it to a dealership. thats the rule with my fo-fo, I tighten every bolt, or at least check em. Ive had the wrath of others mistakes mess s**t up and just not worth it at the end of the day.
'01 Black Focus ZX3
Custom FI Built 2.2L Zetec // CM Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel // X3 Tune FSWERKS// Ford SVT Brake Kit F&R// KW Springs // KYB AGX Shocks // 22 & 25mm Eibach Sway Set // 2000 Ported IM // FC TB // SVT Header // 3" Custom Header-back Exhaust //many more mods to come...