Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowering Springs in a 2007 Ford Focus
I have a few questions concerning lowering springs my friend purchased for his focus. I usually install most of his stuff for him and had a few questions that I thought the focus community could help me with. So he purchased Eibach Sportline Springs. Will they fit his 2007 Ford Focus Sedan? I have heard you need an omni kit in some cases. Are his in need of this kit? I believe his springs are for the 2000-2005 cars. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Omni kit is made for earlier shocks to fit later model focuses. So since youre just swapping springs you should be fine.
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
as far as im aware. the springs are different in the fronts. remember going through this with a member on here with the sport line kit and had to get him a different part number then what my car was

mines a 2000 and his is a 2007

let me confirm this

right from CFM website for sportline springs:
Note: This spring set does not fit the Ford Focus Wagon. Does not fit 2006 Ford Focus
06-07 had the same suspension

better off gettin a set of 00-04 front struts and an omni kit and not have to worry about it anymore. his range of suspension options would be endless
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Will the rears go in fine though?
(08-01-2013, 07:00 AM)adam102487 Wrote: I have a few questions concerning lowering springs my friend purchased for his focus. I usually install most of his stuff for him and had a few questions that I thought the focus community could help me with. So he purchased Eibach Sportline Springs. Will they fit his 2007 Ford Focus Sedan? I have heard you need an omni kit in some cases. Are his in need of this kit? I believe his springs are for the 2000-2005 cars. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If his car is 2007 and you have springs for 2000-2005 then you have the wrong springs and the omni kit won't help - omni kit works the other way.

Your only option is to get the right springs.

I have a brand-new, never installed Eibach sport lines for 2007 that I bought for someone, but I bought the wrong set - let 'em go for cheap if you want them.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
You have a pm ZTWsquared
So I'm kinda in the same situation as this whole thread.... I get the whole strut situation with needing and omni kit...

But here's my question:

Will the 2000-05 Eibach lowering springs fit my 06-07 struts with top hats ??

Or will I have to do the whole 2000-05 strut and buy omni kit
didnt realize this earlier, but if you guys get the lowering SPRINGS only, no need for any omni kit as the kit is just to make the 00-05 struts themselves fit into the knuckle, so if youre just swapping springs you're not changing anything other the swapping springs so you'll be good to go with NO omni kit. but also as ken mentioned above, make sure you have the right springs for the right year of car.
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
So my best bet is to get the 00-05 struts with omni kit

My car is the 06 St an I have the 2000-2005 lowering springs

Sorry for stupid questions just new to focus and don't wanna order parts I don't have to
(02-22-2015, 12:04 PM)Clay06St Wrote: So my best bet is to get the 00-05 struts with omni kit

My car is the 06 St an I have the 2000-2005 lowering springs

Sorry for stupid questions just new to focus and don't wanna order parts I don't have to

Right.

The issue is the "bottom" of the front springs. Early springs are straight like a tube - same diameter top to bottom.

Later springs, however, are tapered, the diameter at the top is bigger than the diameter at the bottom.

Accordingly the support that the bottom of the spring sits on, is a different diameter too - when comparing early struts to later struts.

Whatever else you do, you must match the year of the strut to the year of the spring. And if in doing so you end up with a front strut from 00-05 and you want to put that on 06+, then you need the omni kit.

And for greater clarity - when we say "05" and "06" as the changeover point, we really mean "05+" - the change took place sometime early in the 2005 model year - - so some early 2005's had the "old" setup.

The pic below isn't from Focus - but you can clearly see what I mean by tapered.

[Image: strut_img.png]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

Thank you so much you guys have been a really great help I much appreciate it,

Now another small question when I got the parts store what would be the best car from 00-05 to the parts guy it's for or are all the struts have the same part number for 00-05
(02-23-2015, 12:42 AM)Clay06St Wrote: Thank you so much you guys have been a really great help I much appreciate it,

Now another small question when I got the parts store what would be the best car from 00-05 to the parts guy it's for or are all the struts have the same part number for 00-05

Depending on what you want to achieve with your suspension, the parts store may not be the best place to shop. Chances are you will get nothing more than a soft-riding strut, no matter what model you ask for. I've even seen online parts stores that list the same strut for regular and SVT models.

The OEM "high performance" struts were from the SVT model - and that's the bare minimum you would want for a lowered suspension. Ford Racing also produced some even stiffer suspensions, like the one I have on my track car, from Tokico.

I know there are some good struts suitable for lowered suspension available in the aftermarket, but I've found the best value for me has been Ford OE struts - especially their Ford Racing Kits.

Having said that, I have the luxury of buying in the US; if you're in S. Ontario, I could do for you what I do for most of the guys in the GTA - either buy and sell the parts to you, or let you use my US PO box and import your order.

For example: I could sell you the Ford Racing SVT replacement suspension kit, as shown below, for $235 CAD + HST, all-in including taxes, duties, fees, shipping etc and meeting up somewhere in the west end GTA.

[Image: FMS-M-18000-ZX3_LT_ml.jpg]

I can also get a few coilover kits as well. we also stock koni and eibach
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2007 ford focus cabin filter? 07focus_st 2 7,064 01-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Last Post: ZTWsquared
  Lowering Springs LOFOCI WAGON 1 1,346 05-13-2008, 04:14 AM
Last Post: paulicat
  Eibach Lowering Springs zx5power 5 2,184 04-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Last Post: zx5power
  2007 Ford Focus "pzev" Frost__2001 4 2,621 09-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Last Post: guilty
  Lowering Springs ZX3Blake 14 4,170 07-04-2005, 12:14 PM