Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
has anyone ever attempted a Rwd conversion in Canada yet?
Just as the topic states, wondering if anyone has tried to convert to rwd, either staying 4banger or stuffing a v8 in there.
Couple I know of in the USA but here I don't think anyone's done it . Most are mustang swaps .
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
We have never done it, but there is a kit available to swap a Ford V8 into a Focus. Check out the link Kugel Komponents. Kugel Komponents even made it into a couple of the older Ford Racing Performance Parts Catalogues. I do have digital copies (PDF format) and can forward them if you want (or just google "Ford Performance Parts".)

Of course, if you decide to go that route, please read Automobile review for some of the pitfalls.

Finally, why would anyone even want to go this route? The answer is fairly obvious - power. Click on either photo for video.

[Image: wfNnYL5.jpg]

[Image: 9FEEBtX.jpg]
I've definitely known about kugels kit and the like for a long time, it was partially why I bought my focus. I have seen a zetec rwd build on focaljet and it looks fantastic. I guess one of us Canadians needs to step up and do one Smile
I think a v8 rwd focus would be crazy. I've always thought a v6 fwd would be a fun car too. I had a 1996 contour with a 2.5 v6 before my focus that I sent to the wrecker because someone backed into my front corner and my insurance wrote it off. I always think I should have kept the engine to try and put in my focus. It was practically a brand new engine when I got rid of it.
I've owned a svtc and they are little rocket grocery getters. When the secondaries kicked in look out haha. But yes it would be wicked in a focus but then too nose heavy. I think a turboed zetec mated to a t5 rwd in a focus would be amazing and handle amazing.
Haven't heard of anyone doing the cobra V8 swap in some time. I think at the end of the day it comes down to being more novelty than anything so you can say, "I have one" the new RS will likely run circles around this setup. Too nose heavy, no traction for the rear wheels, I remember seeing one on focusfanatics some time ago where with 5 people in the car it'd break the tires loose fairly easily in second gear.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
The new rs most likely would run circles around it, maybe not in a straight line but the rest sure. But a balance with an i4 rwd in a focus could be best of both worlds if built decent enough.
There is a fella on Focus Fanatics selling an SVT mid engine, rwd with an svt 4 banger in. Check it out, looks interesting
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]