Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Durham Local
Hey hey everybody. I have been lurking here for a couple of months and figure it is time to say hello.

I'm residing in Whitby and am driving a 'Performance/Spirit' blue 2013 SE sedan with DCT. Had to go DCT due to a sweet knee injury in the clutch leg, and I'm ok with that. Anyway I picked up the ride just over just a month ago now and completely love it.

Used to drive Civics for a while, more out of cost/necessity than preference, but after taking my 2004 out to Shannonville this past April to get my racing license it shortly after bit the dust. Actually it bit the dust half way through Sunday, but evidently I was given a passing grade and hold a B class license now.

I mostly am involved in motorsports by way of being a track marshal up at Mosport for the last 2 years, and currently sit on the Board of Directors for our club 'Motorsport Marshalling Services'. We are allllllways looking for volunteers (especially younger folk) so if that peaks your interest please do drop me a line.

Anyway. I'm going to honour my drivetrain/engine warranty for now and focus on aesthetic modifications... and my list is pretty damn long. While I wait for the 100k or 5 years I will be saving and stock piling performance parts for one big install when the time is right.

Right now all I have done is add WeatherTech all around including window visors. This Thursday some tint will be thrown on and some other body pieces are in the works. Still deciding on a colour scheme... but leaning towards a burnt/dark orange highlight and/or quite possibly a subtle tie in to the 'Gulf Racing' livery without getting too pretentious.

My intent on FC really is to connect with locals, maybe show up to some gatherings and especially shop/product reviews/info. FF is where I've been spending most of my time research however.

Anyways nice to meet you all and hope to see some of your heavily modded rides in the months to come.

Cheers.
(08-07-2013, 02:36 AM)CookieMahnster Wrote: Hey hey everybody. I have been lurking here for a couple of months and figure it is time to say hello.

I'm residing in Whitby and am driving a 'Performance/Spirit' blue 2013 SE sedan with DCT. Had to go DCT due to a sweet knee injury in the clutch leg, and I'm ok with that. Anyway I picked up the ride just over just a month ago now and completely love it.

Used to drive Civics for a while, more out of cost/necessity than preference, but after taking my 2004 out to Shannonville this past April to get my racing license it shortly after bit the dust. Actually it bit the dust half way through Sunday, but evidently I was given a passing grade and hold a B class license now.

I mostly am involved in motorsports by way of being a track marshal up at Mosport for the last 2 years, and currently sit on the Board of Directors for our club 'Motorsport Marshalling Services'. We are allllllways looking for volunteers (especially younger folk) so if that peaks your interest please do drop me a line.

Anyway. I'm going to honour my drivetrain/engine warranty for now and focus on aesthetic modifications... and my list is pretty damn long. While I wait for the 100k or 5 years I will be saving and stock piling performance parts for one big install when the time is right.

Right now all I have done is add WeatherTech all around including window visors. This Thursday some tint will be thrown on and some other body pieces are in the works. Still deciding on a colour scheme... but leaning towards a burnt/dark orange highlight and/or quite possibly a subtle tie in to the 'Gulf Racing' livery without getting too pretentious.

My intent on FC really is to connect with locals, maybe show up to some gatherings and especially shop/product reviews/info. FF is where I've been spending most of my time research however.

Anyways nice to meet you all and hope to see some of your heavily modded rides in the months to come.

Cheers.

Welcome to FC.net - and perhaps we've met ... for the past number of years I've done Mosport with the Trillium Chapter of the BMW Club with various Focus including a black wagon a few years back (usually the only domestic in the field) - it's my favourite track with only Watkins Glen being close, and with IMHO the best track marshals in the biz.

I do hope you come out to the dyno day, especially since it's in your neck of the woods.

Cheers and see you soon I hope.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Ehh thanks man. I'd venture to guess we haven't met yet, as I've only been doing track days this year. Although, I think in June or early July you guys might have been on track when I was around but not working. I'll keep an eye out for the club in future.

Watkins Glen is a gem isn't it? Haven't been down in years but hoping to hit up the 6 Hour race next year.

Sadly I won't make it to the dyno day, because I'll be working the BEMC weekend at the track. Does Da Silva sponsor a car or run their own or something? I'm positive I've seen their logo or something on a club car.

Cheers mate!
Hey! I live like an hour from you. I am from Shelburne. Not that many people know where that is..
(08-18-2013, 12:20 PM)bawxcar Wrote: Hey! I live like an hour from you. I am from Shelburne. Not that many people know where that is..

Oh I dunno about that. Shelburne is a good 2 hours from here.
welcome to the boards!
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Thanks buddy guy! Glad to find a community Big Grin
Welcome!

I'm out in Courtice, work in Whitby

Hope to have my focus back on the road this year, if it doesnt turn out to be too much of a PITA. lol
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Hello there! Thank you kindly Smile Let me know when you get it rolling we can convoy out to a meet sometime Smile
hello from Ajax.....
the East enders are accumulating...
"East" :p

Welcome though!
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver