Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I combine costco discount with ford EE pricing?
I am going to purchase either a new Fiesta SES or a Fiesta ST. I know the ford pricing is on now, but can I combine my costco member discount?

The wife wants the regular and I want the ST..the 1000 off may swing things my way a little more.
Yes and yes
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
(08-08-2013, 06:04 AM)meford4u Wrote: Yes and yes

You may be right about this in terms of the combinability matrix, but judging from the Costco Auto website, the $1000 rebate promotion is on hold right now, plus there is no mention of it on Ford.ca - probably best to call Ford Canada customer service to confirm.

http://www.costcoauto.ca/Default.aspx
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I don't think either are eligible for the 1000 rebate when I looked into it a few months back. The Focus isn't either. Need to read the fine print and ask Ford, it only mentions the Fusion and other larger vehicles.
Well fight the hell out of them. It's called Ford Employee pricing. We can combine offers. So should you.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
There is certain chain of dealerships in the Gta that sell Fords under A plan price. If you wait till family pricing ends you can get a car under A plan and take advantage of better Ford financing options.
I'm just gonna pay cash...I'm hoping this gives me some negotiating power...
(08-10-2013, 01:47 AM)hardk0re Wrote: I'm just gonna pay cash...I'm hoping this gives me some negotiating power...

Quite the opposite - dealers get a cut of the financing - they would prefer not to be paid in cash - you're better off doing a deal at the end of the month than paying cash.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

Good to know...I guess that makes sense, I remember walking into Donway years ago when I was looking at a 02 SVT and they were saying if I financed it was a higher price... I guess times have changed or Donway were crooks.
There's a tastefully modded Fiesta at Blackstock Ford in Orangeville, Ontario. May be worth a look? It's black on black rims. Stick I believe. With some sort of lip kit.

Then again, when I got my Titanium Focus they tried to charge me almost $3,000 more without any extra warranty and wanted to add tint they did to it to the total even though it was their fault for not making it dark enough to my taste. Regardless, this has nothing to do with your post. Sorry. But I may say, I feel a little better. :-P
My sales guy at yorkdale is really good and has also been tight with dasilva since it was started in his backyard.

He got me the st pre ordered and I got a bit of cash off too which wasn't to common

His name is frank gucciardi, mite be worth a visit for you
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Was just talking with the wife about this yesterday. Got the go-ahead to get an ST next month.

Kinda sucks that the costco thing seems to be on hold, but don't care anymore. Just hoping I can find a '13 in the color I want with the options I want this late in the year because I wanted to be cheap.

Which brings me to a sort of off-topic question: Does the employee pricing cover a '14 if I order one?
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Nope - the "Employee Pricing" event is only on 13's - think of it as another name for what used to be called the end of model year clearout - there's a reason it's always at this time of year - and so for all intents and purposes this "incentive" is on in-stock vehicles only.

(08-12-2013, 04:20 AM)torradan Wrote: Was just talking with the wife about this yesterday. Got the go-ahead to get an ST next month.

Kinda sucks that the costco thing seems to be on hold, but don't care anymore. Just hoping I can find a '13 in the color I want with the options I want this late in the year because I wanted to be cheap.

Which brings me to a sort of off-topic question: Does the employee pricing cover a '14 if I order one?

Thanks Ken!
I kind of figured as much, but I wanted to confirm it and extinguish that little bit of hope for good.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
You're welcome - I should also add that the reason Ford Canada has made this an annual thing, is that from a marketing POV they have been able to disquise the true nature of the incentive which is in fact end of model year discounts which in the past have typically been quite large - and given in the way of a hidden dealer incentive that the company trusted the dealer to pass on to the consumer.

What this means to you is that whatever discount you might have been able to negotiate off any particular vehicle, prior to the Employee Pricing event, should still be available in addition to the Employee price discount.

The reason Ford and especially its dealers really like this event is that most consumers are lulled into the idea that it can't get any better than Employee price, and don't negotiate further - depending on the vehicle, that could be a costly miss.

(08-12-2013, 08:38 PM)torradan Wrote: Thanks Ken!
I kind of figured as much, but I wanted to confirm it and extinguish that little bit of hope for good.

(08-10-2013, 04:58 AM)hardk0re Wrote: I guess times have changed or Donway were crooks.

They're not necessarily crooks, but they are obscenely incompetent.

either way, you should be able to negotiate any price. period. Go in there and get your thousand bucks from the guy.

Unfortunately, the ST might be a fairly well-selling car, and you might not have the leverage you need. Might need to do a little research first.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

The Costco $1000 Ford incentive is once again in play and can be combined with Ford's Employee Pricing incentive ... but unfortunately neither the Fiesta or Focus are eligible.

Just putting it out there... I was looking at the Cap units list at work and I seen a Tangrine Focus St on it. FYI a cap is executive or press fleet driven vehicle that is discounted and all financing/offers usually apply.
costco discount doesnt apply to the ST line at least with the focus anyways just went thru all this for my st focus