Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do You Remove Stock Radio?
I have a separate sattelite radio that I currently transmit an FM signal to my stock Focus radio. Recently there has been a lot of radio interference to my normal FM frequency that I transmit to. I can't seem to find any clear space on the FM dial.

On my other vehicle I installed an FM modulator and it worked perfectly for this type of application. I have travelled in a lot of areas of North America with this vehicle and did not have to worry about competing strong FM signals and I get to listen to same sattelite stations anywhere I go.

Anyways, I decided to buy an FM modulator for the Focus but am not sure on how to remove the stock radio so that I can install the FM modulator to the antenae connection of the radio.

Can anyone explain how to do it?

Will I need a separate adaptor connection? (I did for the other mark of vehicle.)
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
you can pickup the radio removal tools from walmart. $5 and change. Stick them into the slots on either side of the radio, push towards each door and pull out and out she comes. Some have done this with coat hangers, etc. The tools are pretty cheap tho and less hastle.
I have a set at home and u can do it with coat hangers or really small screwdrivers basically u need to pull the tabs away from th unit pretty easy after you do it but the 1st time can be tuff
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
coat hangers werked 4 mee.
i remember the member on here named moe (yes moe like moe's tavern from the simpsons) showed me once how he removed and re-installed the deck with some simple coat hangers. i happen to have the ford oem keys since I have good connections at work. can give u guys the p/n if u wish
My other ride is your Mom
hardk0re,Dec 30 2008, 10:46 AM Wrote:you can pickup the radio removal tools from walmart.  $5 and change.  Stick them into the slots on either side of the radio, push towards each door and pull out and out she comes.  Some have done this with coat hangers, etc.  The tools are pretty cheap tho and less hastle.
[right][snapback]278902[/snapback][/right]

Well... I finally had some free time and went down to Walmart to pick up this tool along with an antenna adapter kit. The FM modulator comes with a standard old fashion North American antenna connection. I have seen some pictures of the back of the radio and I knew it was not the standard type of connection.

With the radio extraction tool I had the radio out in 3 seconds flat (well worth the $6 price.)

It was also a good thing I got the universal antenna adapter (with adapters for Ford, GM, Chrysler, VW, and Nissan,) because the Ford Focus stock radio actually uses a VW connector.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
dBlast,Feb 9 2009, 07:10 AM Wrote:
hardk0re,Dec 30 2008, 10:46 AM Wrote:you can pickup the radio removal tools from walmart.  $5 and change.  Stick them into the slots on either side of the radio, push towards each door and pull out and out she comes.  Some have done this with coat hangers, etc.  The tools are pretty cheap tho and less hastle.
[right][snapback]278902[/snapback][/right]

Well... I finally had some free time and went down to Walmart to pick up this tool along with an antenna adapter kit. The FM modulator comes with a standard old fashion North American antenna connection. I have seen some pictures of the back of the radio and I knew it was not the standard type of connection.

With the radio extraction tool I had the radio out in 3 seconds flat (well worth the $6 price.)

It was also a good thing I got the universal antenna adapter (with adapters for Ford, GM, Chrysler, VW, and Nissan,) because the Ford Focus stock radio actually uses a VW connector.
[right][snapback]280758[/snapback][/right]
]

Riiiight.
i forgot to mention that to you. sorry. :lol:
Ohh yaa I forgot we had a lil VW in out cars.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]