Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Camera To Buy...
I have been looking into a camera to buy as a gift and I'm not sure what one I want to get.... I have a few in mind in the price range I want to spend under 300... I'm looking at quality and ease of use... So far the panasonic is top of the list...

Panasonic Lumix 9.1MP Digital Camera (DMCTZ5A) - Blue
[Image: 10098887.gif]

Fuji FinePix 10.0MP Digital Camera (S2000HD)
[Image: 10110296.gif]

Canon PowerShot SD770 IS 10MP Digital Camera
[Image: 10106197.gif]

Nikon Coolpix 10MP Digital Camera (S550) - Black
[Image: 10100062.gif]

LET me know what you think or if there is a better camera I haven't seen yet..

Must have.. use SD card, rechargable batter (Li-Ion) and no less than 9-10MP

thanks
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
it between the Panasonic and the Canon in my opinion. The Fuji is not a compact camera at all.

My aunt has a 12mp lumix that takes amazing shots in dark conditions and my parents have a 10mp canon that takes amazing shots in lighter conditions. As for ease of use, the Nikkon or Panasonic are your best bet. The cannon is loaded with functions and even in auto mode it has to be fine tuned...

If your looking for quality the Fuji will have the bigger CCD, this means the shots will be more vivid and sharper.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
I say Canon FTMFW... yes, I am BIASED :P

EDIT

Wow, I just did a price comparision... That Panasonic is twice the price of that Canon model. there are better Canon for the same price as that Panasonic.
I have a Powershot A700 ( 4 years old... almost) and it still delivers exceptional pics.
If you are looking for a simple point a shoot camera and don't want to spend too much, that Canon will be perfect, but don't go trying to make professional photos with it!
There are no manual controls on that model, so I would not like it for that.
I'm still dreaming of getting myself a DSLR like a Canon 40D, sometime soon.
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
I'm a Nikon guy, personally. I'd go for the Coolpix.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Ditto on the Fuji, it's an advanced point and shoot, but if you like it, check out the Nikon P80, excellent camera with DSLR type features for when you get better.
Can't go wrong with the Canon for a simple point and shoot. Very good quality.
Nikon.........your paying for the name.
Panasonic, don't really know alot about Panasonic cameras.
Fuji...my sister-in-law had one and it was very versatile and took great pics. Until it was stolen.

I think any of the cameras you decide upon will be very well received.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Yeah the Nikon P80 looks good...

[Image: 10106196.gif]

I like the Panasonic for its simplicity.. since its not for me... the Fuji for its options for the price... So yeah it may end up that way.... my only problem is the Fuji uses "AA" batteries... How long will they last ??

Putting on my ex-camera sales guy hat, one question for you... Who is the camera for? Gift for a tech person, or a luddite? If its for a non-techy, why go all out on a wicked camera, to have it sit unused because they are intimidated? Simple is better, in some cases.

If for a luddite non-techy, I'd go Canon, simply for the brand recognition and the easy Auto mode.

If for a techy who is into photography a little, I'd go with either the Panny or the Fuji, or the Nikon P80. More creativity can be had with the focal length, and the more photo modes.

As far as AA goes, don't be afraid. Buy a good set of Nickel metal hydride rechargeables and charger. Figure between $30 and $50 extra. Watch for the Mah (milli-amp per hour) rating. Standard alkaline batteries will only give about 150 shots, if that. Good rechargeables will give about the same as li-ion, but you won't have to deal with proprietary chargers and batteries later on. Especially handy for a traveller, who might be without electricity for a day or two, but can buy Duracells at a store.

I've had a Panasonic DMC-FZ7 for a few years now, still love it. But then again, I'm the techy who likes photography...
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
Canon all the way imo. Only ever managed to kill one, and it was my fault... lol
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
thanks for your help guys.. the purchase has been made...

which one did you buy?
I can't say in case the receiver is lurking....I'll tell you guys after the gift giving...