Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
my focus build(s)
I just didnt think any Acura's were made in Canada, let alone Ontario. Thats why I was curious.
That is correct. I work for KTH Manufacturing. We make the frames for the Honda Civic and Honda CRV. The Honda plant (in Alliston, Ontario) makes the smaller model of the Acura that looks similar to the Civic which uses the same frame as the Civic . I can't think of the name of it though.. EL maybe?
Yes the EL was the civic brother but for only canada to my knowledge now it is call a csx
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
(06-20-2014, 01:15 AM)bawxcar Wrote: That is correct. I work for KTH Manufacturing. We make the frames for the Honda Civic and Honda CRV. The Honda plant (in Alliston, Ontario) makes the smaller model of the Acura that looks similar to the Civic which uses the same frame as the Civic . I can't think of the name of it though.. EL maybe?

very cool, so do they make you park out in the boonies or did you buy a honda just to go to work in lol Tongue
I don't think those smaller plants care where you park , I worked for Orlick Industries for a while and they didn't care . Similar as we made a lot of aluminum parts on the CNC machines for Hondas . At the ford plant in oakville I hear if you drive anything different you have to park further back .
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
my one friend drove a colbalt and worked at the oakville Ford plant, she had to park in the distant lots.
(06-20-2014, 02:40 AM)Mobius Wrote: my one friend drove a colbalt and worked at the oakville Ford plant, she had to park in the distant lots.
The only Honda I would contemplate driving is an Accord.. probably because we don't touch it. lol ;-) I just don't like Civics.. personal preference I guess.

The parking lot is treated as "all vehicles are equal" I guess... I've obtained associate of the month (for finding the most issues with the parts) so they're gonna have a shiny SGM mk3 Focus sitting right up at the door. ;-)
(06-20-2014, 11:17 AM)bawxcar Wrote: The only Honda I would contemplate driving is an Accord.. probably because we don't touch it. lol ;-) I just don't like Civics.. personal preference I guess.

The parking lot is treated as "all vehicles are equal" I guess... I've obtained associate of the month (for finding the most issues with the parts) so they're gonna have a shiny SGM mk3 Focus sitting right up at the door. ;-)

lol your personal preference is in good taste IMO. Big Grin i dont mind the accord and the NEW CRV, but I dont think I would ever actually buy one.

congrats on the parking space lol
so i picked up another SVT this weekend, motors dead but the body is great shape, so i may be doing an engine swap on it... so i may actually have some more performance related posts to make soon Big Grin