Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter build thread: GFXjamie
I just ordered the same engine cover u have got it from a European site yes u were right I was jealous lol

(01-09-2014, 12:14 PM)07focus_st Wrote: I just ordered the same engine cover u have got it from a European site yes u were right I was jealous lol

Brand new
Are you at the shop today? If yes, I can stop by after work.
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Had more fun last night. Transmission is out and so is clutch and pressure plate. Went to remove flywheel and first two bolts came out easy with the impact. Next 4 stripped clean around the sides. I was using a impact etorx socket but now I'm at a bit of a road block. Gotta get this flywheel off to get the new stuff on so I'll likely be cutting bolts tonight and working em out somehow. Lots of fun.

[Image: te3u8esu.jpg]
[Image: 6una4a8u.jpg]
[Image: 7asu7a4u.jpg]

And mr Russia, shoot me a text. I'm there every night doing a bit of work. We moved up the road on bishop tho

Forgot this part of things. Found the paint and colour for interior of car. Also going to do my intercooler piping the same colour

[Image: 7y4uny4a.jpg]

It just so happens to match the new wheels I got

[Image: uhe2ejer.jpg]
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
I've got a set of sockets for stripped bolts if you wanna try those first. Worked awesome for me for my stripped subframe bolts. Shoot me a text if you want them
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
Dont use an impact next time. Try with a ratchet if need be for more leverage use a bar. That way you can feel if its moving or not, and add more leverage
ive done these with an impact before on the zetec and another duratec no problem. either way, im going to be having nuts welded onto the stripped heads and going to crank on em with a johnson bar and lock the flywheel with a massive flat head. should be entertaining as long as i can get them free. otherwise ill be cutting the etorx head off, drilling the center out until i get flywheel free. Then with no tension on them, i may be able to easily get them with a set of vice grips.

Ill post how it goes later on today.

Well I got it all sorted out.

Welding nuts didn't work as I thought it would. Fail

Smashed on a etorx onto two of them and pulled em free with a ton of heat and being gentle.

Last two, ground em flat and tried drilling center out. My bigger bits wouldn't eat in only smaller ones so I ground em flat to the flywheel and presto the fw is off.

Since the tension was off the two remaining stubs, I used my 11mm stripped hex socket and it grabbed and pulled them both out with little trouble.

On to the next one! One hurdle has been over come. Now just to eat some dinner and get back to work again soon. Took about an hour and a half to get all 4 out with all the crap we tried. Red lock tite on them didn't help my cause either but that's oem ford

Got some more loose ends tied up. Installed the clutch and flywheel package onto the motor. I also did a minor wire relocate and clean up. I ran the front end harness for lights etc through the driver side fender. Clean up that side a lot and hid's a lot of wiring. Also untangled all the engine harness and tied it up into a cleaner bundle that will sit underneath the inlet pipe to the turbo.

Here are some pictures

Clutch in place

[Image: yry3e4y3.jpg]

Top view after relocation of wiring and clean up

[Image: qybaragu.jpg]
[Image: y9ytyru3.jpg]

Inside the fender

[Image: huty2y9u.jpg]
[Image: qa8ydebe.jpg]

Didn't end up starting back up tonight until 8pm or so tonight and wrapped it up just after 10. Not a bad night. Tomorrow tranny is going in and Saturday will be finishing front end assembly

Looking good jamie
Spent some more time in the cave tonight and out a few more hours work in. Got the transmission back in and ready to rock. All wired up, shift cables attached, hydraulic hose to slave installed and the two new mounts in. Tied out of the way the rest of the wiring over the transmission which will sit under the inlet pipe.

Ran the hood release into fender with wiring and did the same with the ground that went frame to battery to starter/tranny. Cleaned up the engine bay a little with some brake cleaner but will have to do some more before I'm finished.

Got some more time in on stripping the piping of the wrinkle black. Had a friend lend a hand as well to get more done.

Here's a few more pictures, enjoy!

[Image: 5u9adyny.jpg]

[Image: 5aradaja.jpg]

[Image: ape8y9uj.jpg][

[Image: 5unu9ysa.jpg]

[Image: dypupe4a.jpg]

[Image: u4e8azyv.jpg]

The wire tuck looked good today and that's for the info and parts on the 5spd swap too lol
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Those pipes are going to rust
What's that about rusty pipes?

[Image: u4apaty6.jpg]

Subframe ready to go in

[Image: 3a6uqeve.jpg]

A couple more pics of what I have been up to. Stripped down all the piping and painted as it was em getting rusty and marked up. Went anthracite for these which I find to look quite nice on them. NoT done 100% yet, this was after all pipes had 2-3 coats. One or two more tomorrow to make sure it's thick and has some thickness to it. It is wheel paint so it is very durable. Also did a test sample on interior for the paint of choice there

Assembled front subframe finally just gotta swap heim joints and put the boots on and install in the morning

[Image: a2ape8y6.jpg]
[Image: hypygu8y.jpg]
[Image: qa6yny6u.jpg]
[Image: hyte8u5e.jpg][Image: u8etajy5.jpg]
[Image: u2ypudys.jpg]

The interior will look awesome in that colour!!!
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

(01-12-2014, 11:58 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: The interior will look awesome in that colour!!!

^^ What he said.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Well today was a very unproductive day. Slept in after some beer pong last night but got to work just before 12. Started by getting passenger side axle into tranny and bolted in place. Next up was subframe. It went it ok and got ps all hooked back in and lower mount bolted up.

This is where things went bad. I stupidly didn't replace the heim joints off the car. Big mistake. First off one of the control arms, the threads were chewed up something fierce. Finally after buying a new torch tank since mine went dry today, got that heim joint out. To bad there is the ball joint adapter fused into it right? Well after multiple attempts to torch the center, beat the adapter out and even tried my press on it with no success aside from pressing the ball out of the socket LOL. Took a break and went to the other arm. It's threads were good so after a good torching me and Brandon worked it off with ease. I torched the center for a good 5-10 minutes (actually Brandon torched it most of that time) gave it 3 good hits and the adapter fell out. Tried the same method again on the other one and still no success. How did I get it out you wonder....

[Image: asy9yvuz.jpg]

Ya that's right, I cut the b!tch... Finally hours later I had something to work with. In between all the bs, I finished painting the piping. Put a total of 4 coats on all 6 pipes. They were very heavy coats towards the end too and didn't even blemish when hitting them together as I walked them across the shop.

So here's where the piping stands...
[Image: adu2apyb.jpg]

I put two pipes in before calling it a day just to see how it looked all crammed in there for colour. I think it turned out perfect for a good clean look, it's more noticeable now which I do like while not saying "look at me I have a turbo bro"

Wish I got more done today... A little bummed. There's always another day since my dad said it didn't matter how long it was in the shop. Bonus for me I guess!

Here's just a couple random snaps I took. Also Taylor put her hot wheelz interior in today in the hatch back while I was at the shop. The svt interior is available!!! Someone buy it

[Image: yvegunyb.jpg]
[Image: y3u3ypem.jpg]
[Image: uba8azut.jpg]

So I went back. My inner man came out and said screw this I have a race car to build.

I installed all the piping, diverter valve and put in my circuit breaker for the battery relocate. Piping turned out awesome and I am very happy with the colour. Cleaned up all my couplers and put in some new as clamps to hold it all together

[Image: pu2abu6y.jpg]
[Image: ju5uju9y.jpg]
[Image: a6ebyme2.jpg]
[Image: mu4ejeva.jpg]
[Image: 5a6e2uga.jpg]
[Image: anyqypas.jpg]

If your wondering why I put breaker up front and not at the battery, it is because I needed a junction for the wiring and I also have nothing else running off the battery aside from what's hooked up there. It was also convenient in that location to keep it relatively tidy.

Now to finish off front suspension and move to the rear once it's assembled up there finally.

Did a lot more as I saw room for improvement through this

Cheers and enjoy. More as it happens

I would still add something right by the battery, the reason is if there is any short from between battery/front of car you will have a sllight issue. Even 180 inline fuse to keep things safe and wont' ever blow before your breaker...
Ya I was thinking of doing an inline right off the battery as it isn't mounted yet. Just want to sort out exactly what I want to do as I think I even have a big holder from an old stereo kicking around. Haven't been able to find it yet tho and would have to verify a fuse came in a larger enough size for said holder. I recall it was a big one with capped ends

cool, just be safe Smile Will you be removing A/C also?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue FINISHED!!>>>my OFFICIAL build thread drunkinmonkey 887 517,038 05-27-2015, 01:30 AM
Last Post: drunkinmonkey