Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter build thread: GFXjamie
And whats wrong with saying "look at me I have a turbo bro" LMAO With my Precision Turbo Kit it looked like I had a set of long tube headers. People would kick my front bumper they got so close to my car looking for the turbo. 2nd turbo kit that wasn't a problem. If you got it flaunt it, The pipes look good.
[Image: P1000800.jpg]
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Ya I hear what your saying, but I'm not one for just looking the part. Id rather make a mockery of another car with a ford focus LOL

On a side note, I got new valve cover hardware today. All stainless socket cap bolts. Current vc isn't staying as I have a stocker from john at my house waiting to go on. Just need new vc gasket now and I'll swap in that plain jane looking thing and await my cosworth coil cover. These pics are just test fitting them to make 100% sure they were correct length. I love it!

Also got some stainless nuts and washers for driver side mount and stainless hardware for the flanges on the piping that mount to motor so they can stay fresh

[Image: 3e7epy7u.jpg]
[Image: synejypu.jpg]
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Nicee! I noticed the stainless hardware for the mounts. Would you be able to post a list of sizes and where you got them?
M6-35mm and M6-45mm for valve cover and M10 lock nuts for motor mount on driver side. Didn't do passenger side hardware but it will be M12 I'm pretty sure whether Zetec or duratec but it has studs.

Onto the car. Paid a visit and some money to Jesse in Ajax for a set if sparco sprint jr seats.

[Image: tepave9e.jpg]
[Image: 2emy3uza.jpg]

Did some more messing around with suspension

[Image: y8ery4ug.jpg][Image: atareser.jpg]

Then I decided to clean up the intercooler and polish it a little, not mirror tho just enough to shine good.

[Image: 2ehyqa2e.jpg]
[Image: yva2agyh.jpg]

Took a similar approach to the intake manifold cover

[Image: e8yge4aj.jpg]

Then decided I needed freshen up the paint on intercooler since I kept it intact.

[Image: u9ejysev.jpg]

Not much else for tonight. I did add in a rubber mount for my intake pipe since I have never had one the entire time owning it

[Image: yzenuva4.jpg]

And got a new fuel pressure sensor for the rail when I was in PA since mine was superglued together as a quick fix when it broke

[Image: mu2yzyju.jpg]

Cheers have a good night

Well it has been a slow week. Between a trip out of town Monday and taking a couple days off the car daily grind.

I got some more things done Ofcourse. Front end is together aside from bumper, lights, grill and hood. Needs more work to be done like swapping valve cover once I get gasket and bleed the clutch.

I wired up the battery today and got it running. Runs nice a butter smooth still which is a good sign haha. Got the front wheels on and did a quick eye ball alignment getting the camber in check and Ofcourse keeping the wheel straight. Tranny is filled with synchromax, power steering has fluid and is bubbled out too.

I even wired in my go baby go shift knob button to the boost controller. Works like a dream! So easy to change now.

Last but not least I started the painting of the interior. I ran out of paint and have to get more, I had cleared performance improvements Guelph out when I got the two cans lol

Here's a few pics, didn't take to many as not much to show

[Image: utemy2a5.jpg]
[Image: 2yzydujy.jpg]
[Image: uvavusyq.jpg]
[Image: arumyhed.jpg]
[Image: qyva4esu.jpg]
[Image: ujyja8y4.jpg]

Also, a special something came in from Europe.... It's waiting for me!

[Image: tyze4u4u.jpg]

It looks good

Hopefully it comes with all the hardware cause it quit bit of pieces to use
Quick update...

Did a bit of house cleaning if you will...
- swapped stock valve cover on
- installed stainless valve cover hardware
- paint throttle cable bracket anthracite to match pipes
- clean odds and ends in engine bay
- drop on the ground
- clean up shop
- show Joey and Jaime my cool happy button on the shifter
- organize my tools finally since starting

Here's a few pics

[Image: e8ase5u8.jpg]

[Image: jybapu7e.jpg]

[Image: aqe5eny3.jpg]

Here's the bigger picture

[Image: u4ysyzaq.jpg]

[Image: azasurep.jpg]

[Image: e5a8ereq.jpg]

Love those rims on there. Did you get any work to the back end done at all yet?

And now it's time to find a red sap front and get that hood from Wobb. Lol can't wait to swing by and check it out sometime soon.
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
You'll be done in no time. That beast better hit 300 +
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

well at 13psi i already edged into that territory when i hit 296. i fully expect to be past the 300whp mark @15psi which is what it has been at since the last dyno. that combined with meth and further tuning i am really aiming for the 325whp mark. i dont feel the need to exceed that unless i just want a dyno queen run of 337whp Tongue

as long as i can keep the low end torque down, the motor will hold together nicely. last run it made 240wtq so i do not want to exceed 250-260 max. i may have to have the cams in to keep it down which is a whole new ball game again.

I wish mine ran smoothly at 336 WHP I'd run it like that everyday lol Even de-tuned at 280 I had issues. Hope everything goes well for you. Looking forward to this summer's Dyno Day Battles.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

(01-22-2014, 05:50 AM)ZX3_2NV Wrote: Looking forward to this summer's Dyno Day Battles.

Me too
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

So a bit of a half @$$ update here guys. Got the rear end in the air and started attempting to remove bolts. I had a feeling the rear end would require a lot of heat, swearing, sparks, cutting and grinding. Well I got the inner bolt out of the toe arm without trouble, outer bolt had to grind it off and pull arm. I have the camber arm bolt mostly out but the bushing sleeve is stopping it from going anywhere else. Time to cut or grind that one as well but it is free of the nut fortunately. I have the head off lower control arm bolt ground down to as it would not turn either. Lots of fun, lots of melted bushings this week and sparks. Hope to have passenger side completely apart and driver side well on it's way tonight.

Gotta go to ct and get another cut off wheel since mine ran short on me and a few more sawzall blades hopefully ease the pain a bit and expedite things.

I now realize why I was getting a "popping" noise out back which was likely due to all the seized bushings and nothing else. I'll snap a pic of what's left of the toe arm bolt with the bushing sleeve fused to it

(01-22-2014, 10:28 PM)GFXjamie Wrote: So a bit of a half @$$ update here guys. Got the rear end in the air and started attempting to remove bolts. I had a feeling the rear end would require a lot of heat, swearing, sparks, cutting and grinding. Well I got the inner bolt out of the toe arm without trouble, outer bolt had to grind it off and pull arm. I have the camber arm bolt mostly out but the bushing sleeve is stopping it from going anywhere else. Time to cut or grind that one as well but it is free of the nut fortunately. I have the head off lower control arm bolt ground down to as it would not turn either. Lots of fun, lots of melted bushings this week and sparks. Hope to have passenger side completely apart and driver side well on it's way tonight.

Gotta go to ct and get another cut off wheel since mine ran short on me and a few more sawzall blades hopefully ease the pain a bit and expedite things.

I now realize why I was getting a "popping" noise out back which was likely due to all the seized bushings and nothing else. I'll snap a pic of what's left of the toe arm bolt with the bushing sleeve fused to it

mines in the exact same shape. totally rotted right out my sway bar doesn't even move its fused in one place lol.. I got a new rear subframe so im just gonna cut mine totally our and swap in the new one.. after upgrading it to poly bushings and massive parts of coarse
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
I would be very happy with just one of your cars lol
So had spent another 2 hours working on removing the passenger side rear suspension. Got the camber and control arms out. Inside bolts once again were fine, outter bolts were cut off. Bolt up inner side of the arms since I still have the hardware and will be picking up new hardware for the outter bolts on both sides. Still need to get some paint on where I was working to prevent any rust and keep it fresh

Here's a few pics

[Image: na9eza3a.jpg]
[Image: adu7arah.jpg]
[Image: uza4amad.jpg]
[Image: ajy9eju9.jpg]
[Image: 7abesygy.jpg]
[Image: qu6age5e.jpg]

Here is what was left of the bolt from the toe arm haha

[Image: 6yha8emu.jpg]

(01-23-2014, 07:40 AM)_JET_ Wrote: I would be very happy with just one of your cars lol

haha thanks. it has taken a lot of time and a lot of money to get where i am now with the cars. I have realized i am pretty much the king when it comes to doing a budget build. with everything i am putting into the car right now, i likely didnt spend (out of pocket) more than about 2800$. That includes a tranmission with a clutch and LSD, coilovers, all the suspension components, seats, wheels etc. if i can make a trade for something i already have i do so, or ofcourse i do buy a lot of used components making it a lot easier to afford big projects such as this one. Since i have met so many people in north america in the game, i tend to catch word of stuff being sold off before a lot of others find out and i end up making a reasonable offer before somebody else finds a way to make a deal on it. sometimes i even get to just make payments on it since alot of these sellers i know personally. its good to get out there and be part of a larger community as it helps when it comes to purchases of legit quality components for a more than reasonable cost.

so for anyone wanting to build a focus with a shoe string budget, start taking notes and meeting people. Doing your own work is the best way to get ahead if you know what your doing. alternatively, you pay somebody like me 1/3rd of what a shop charges, save cash and fund my builds even more LOL

Ok you are hired lol.

After the Container Ship Load of $$$ I am investing in the fofo I think it is not wise to discuss the end total lol.

On the arms I just took a grinding disk and used it as a cutting disk for the bolts between the sub frame brackets. The dam cutting disks were to fragile and kept breaking.

Keep up the good work dude. CFM just sent me some of my parts. Just waiting on my clutch. I'll need some of your knowledge when I install it lol.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Haha sounds good john.

Clutch is actually easier than it seems. When doing this stuff you over think things sometimes and feel like you will screw up and things will go bad. Fortunately with enough tools and will power it is quite an easy task if you have the time to do it.

I have been cutting the bolts flush on the outside since my wheels aren't thin enough to cut inside. I tried a sawzall and it works but burns through expensive blades fast so I stuck to the 10$ 12 pack of cutting disks at Canadian tire (regular was about 44.99) I have burned through two so far which isn't bad considering where and what I am cutting

Onto the real post. Got the rest of the suspension out and new stuff in place. Painted up the areas that were ground on to make sure they won't rust and installed rear coilovers with screw drivers as lower control arm bolts til I get new ones tomorrow. Need a couple other pieces of hardware so I'll be picking up quite a few things hopefully. Fortunately I was able to get both bolts out from the camber arm on driver side which was one less pain in the rear for tonight. Came out easy

Pics:

[Image: a8a4aha2.jpg]
[Image: yge6yvet.jpg]
[Image: 3epasary.jpg]
[Image: 8ytyruda.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue FINISHED!!>>>my OFFICIAL build thread drunkinmonkey 887 516,893 05-27-2015, 01:30 AM
Last Post: drunkinmonkey