Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter build thread: GFXjamie
Bolts for days!

New fresh downpipe hardware, suspension hardware for what was cut out, stainless tb bolts, stainless fuel pressure sensor bolts and throttle cable bracket bolts. Time for some more fresh hardware in the beast and get it on all fours for a quick weigh in tonight. Only ran me 32$ today which wasn't bad for hardware.

[Image: vejeqene.jpg]
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Y did u repost
WTF lol fixed

Whereabouts are you getting the stainless hardware from?
Just getting through my local bolts plus. I normally would order from wurth at work but haven't seen then come by since before Christmas LOL and I don't have to buy packs of 50 either this way.

Got it down on 4 wheels and took a quick weight to see where I am sitting. Got all my new hardware in and rocking too. Seems I am closer to my goal then anticipated. Still have an air bag and ac to delete. Tossed the hood and bumper on the car literally so I could get an accurate weight. This has pretty well everything but me and harness in. 3/4 tank of gas and all fluids accounted for. Only things to add are the svt skirts and lip for weight which are not big items and will be easily offset with air bag and ac removal.

[Image: ru5u4y9e.jpg]
[Image: u8y6ybu2.jpg]
[Image: 8udynete.jpg]
[Image: u3u8asah.jpg]
[Image: yja4ava7.jpg]
[Image: evabehu3.jpg]
[Image: emahu5e4.jpg]
[Image: anysyvab.jpg]

Bolts Plus? Going to have to take all of my stuff to them in concord when im ready, really makes the bay look so much cleaner
Ya I've been to the store up there on keele I think it is near 407. Same place and decent for cost. Really freshens things up in there and of course won't rust on me

Ac delete will take off another 30 or 40 lbs easy. That compressor is heavy as s**t along with the everything else that goes with the Ac. The airbag as well is a good 15 lbs easy. So you're set for weight easy.
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
Yep we will see. I also realized I left some tools in the car and my scanner for work. There's another 10lbs LOL

Lol take out the motor than it would be light lol
Whatever you say smarty pants.

Well got a bit more done over the weekend. Was doing some heavy drinking Saturday night so I took it relatively easy haha

Adjusted the coilovers some more to level the car out and get it to a height I am happy with visually. It's currently sitting around 24" to the fenders up front and 24 1/4" in the rear. I found I had left the top strut mount piece of the racelands so had to pull them as they were basically pressed onto the strut bearing which allowed me to get the ride height I needed.

Pulled the upper rad support today in order to clean around that area, pull ac and do some other house cleaning.

Took the corbeau bracket for the passenger seat is had and modified it to work with the sparco seats and added in spacers to rise it back up. Had to cut off the seat riser arch, paint it then assemble with spacers etc. need to do the same with spacers on driver seats yet but I think it came out good. Spacers are aluminum axle spacers off a sportier style manual wheelchair and weight nothing.

Cleaned up some of the uncut zip ties holding wiring in the trunk and fixed up my wideband wiring behind the dash for my datalogging cable as it was causing me some issues.

Removed upper stress bar and painted to match the pipes.

Installed my glossy pillars to get rid of the cf wrapped ones as well (which are available if anyone was interested in them)

Some of you might be wondering why I am doing so much detailing and cleaning on the car, reason is for shows such as focus rising. Many shows judge based on cleanliness and execution. I am making sure as I go with parts removed and out of the way that I can ensure my engine bay is as clean as it was brand new and if it is that clean I can keep it clean longer. Since this won't be a DD it will be super easy to keep tidy going forward. I'll snap some close up pictures next bout at the shop to give you an idea of how hardcore I have been going LOL

Here's a couple quick pictures as I didn't take to many

[Image: ze3ejasy.jpg]
[Image: e2yvuryr.jpg]
[Image: eqaqatyh.jpg]
[Image: e4azyhet.jpg]
[Image: eqasytyv.jpg]

The pillars look way better now
Couple more of the ride height. You can likely spot it sitting bacon flush with my self inflicted fender crap. That is one of the things on the list to repair and straighten as best I can.

[Image: ave2a5as.jpg]

[Image: ymy3a3ug.jpg]

[Image: y4e3azyp.jpg]

[Image: aru6ytyp.jpg]

[Image: 6yzyneqe.jpg]

[Image: ga2arety.jpg]

coming together nicely buddy.. keep it up
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Well the turbo, manifold and downpipe are coming out today. I pulled a downpipe bolt to check sizing. When threading new one into hole something went wrong. Tried to pull it back out as it got tight before it should have and it sheared off in the turbo. Should have it all off tonight if I'm lucky. I'm feeling pretty confident on it and will have my machinist pull the bolt and fix it up.

Jeez...eh!!! When u going to do my car lol I'm next
Nope I'm definitely next in line haha. Tranny. Clutch. Turbo. Tuning. Rear disc's...Lots of work to do...I could do it myself but jamie and I have torn and put together so many focuses that we can get it Done quick together...that it's cold as hell in my tent haha I'm coming to the shop.
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
Stop fighting I already did your car once Jaime.

Turbo and such are off. Dropped subframe to rip it out. Got the assembly out in just over an hour and set to disassembling it all. Had to cut 3 bolts to the downpipe and snapped 2 studs into manifold. Pulled the snapped studs out and all is good there but no matter what heat and tactics I use, the dp bolts or what's left refuse to move only break. Stupid heat treated garbage...

Here's some pics. Since I have it all out I am going to take a trip to fireball coatings and see what I can get done

[Image: 3e8ese7y.jpg]

[Image: use8a9a6.jpg]

[Image: y6eru5u6.jpg]

[Image: 8ubava7a.jpg]

[Image: 3ady6e8e.jpg]

[Image: ade2ehe8.jpg]

[Image: jatebaby.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue FINISHED!!>>>my OFFICIAL build thread drunkinmonkey 887 516,317 05-27-2015, 01:30 AM
Last Post: drunkinmonkey