Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter build thread: GFXjamie
It's been a bit since I've done any major posting here about my cars, but since this winter is a big turning point for my 2007 sedan, it's time to do some posting.

Reasons for most of this build - I got a hyper single clutch which I believe to be damaged and is causing clutch master cylinder failure on a weekly basis. I also need traction as one wheel peels are useless on the street and track.

This year is dedicated to traction, ripping bends and going fast. While doing so, cleaning up the exterior a bit and giving it a cleaner look. Goal to have the car down to around 2500lbs without me as well. I have 4 corner scales and will be checking weight when completed and doing a corner balance with me in car and getting a full weight with driver.

So with the prologue out of the way lets get to what's going on...

New parts (to me) being installed:
- bilstein pss9 coilovers
- Mtx-75 with Torsen differential
- exedy stage 1 clutch
- team dynamics pr3 17x7 wrapped in hankook Ventus evo v12 215 45 17
- weld racing wheels with 22x8x15 slicks for the strip
- cfm front control arms
- doms rear tubular control arms
- htp rear toe arms
- spc rear camber arms
- massive adjustable front end links
- vf passenger and driver side engine mounts (polished)
- eibach 22mm front sway bar
- svt front brakes (just installed)
- shift knob with hi/lo boost button
- aem water meth (finally putting it in)
- harness bar
- glossy pillars off st
- smooth handles from st
- new upper grill for 05 st paint matched to car
- svt side skirts
- re install focus sport lip
- idler pulley for ac delete
- new front radiator (mine has been bent for 5 years)

Some of what I don't have yet but will be obtaining:

- fresh hood with red paint (currently in Pittsburgh waiting for me)
- some new seats (working on this)
- super secret cosworth part (don't ask you will see)
- valve cover gasket and hardware
- new gauge cups

This coming Friday will be the start of the winter build and tear down. I will take pictures as I remember to do so. I will post up some more later today as I transport parts to the shop and get everything ready for the main part of the build.

Just a quick re cap on the car:

296whp/240wtq on stage 2 fsw kit with options and 13psi.
Raceland coilovers
28mm rsb
Stock everything else suspension
Vf rear mount
Battery relocated to trunk
Stripped interior aside from pillars, front seats, carpet and door panels.

Best 1/4 mile: 14.0@111mph (traction LOL)

The goal this year is 315-325 whp. Since dyno'd last it has been running 15psi when it was driving and in addition to that it has been upgraded with 60lb injectors to give more ceiling for fuelling. With a little more power and better handling/traction I plan to hit a road course or autox with it and see how it does. In addition to this I have always been a drag racer and will be also taking it down the strip a lot and running the slicks I have for it. Shooting for a 12.5 et which is realistic based on my trap speeds with previous power level and set up (2785lbs without driver)
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Here are some pictures from dropping off the majority of parts at the shop. I have quite the pile. There are the odd Zetec parts in there not for my car just to save confusion.

[Image: ametu4ug.jpg]
[Image: ujuta6yr.jpg]
[Image: byvu3ybe.jpg]
[Image: 3asemuju.jpg]
[Image: unesapat.jpg]
[Image: adazybyt.jpg]
[Image: a6eda9u4.jpg]

Cant wait to see this done. The pro race 3's are going to look awesome. This car on the circuit would be a blast, hopefully ill be there to see it. Will it be at cscs?
looking forward to it man
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
I lied... Decided to get started on it tonight and work on it over the week and next weekend to get more done. Maybe it will snow so much that I don't work tomorrow... Who knows.

Front subframe is out along with bumper and hood off. Pretty soon I'll have tranny swapped out and clutch done and ready to reassemble with the new suspension components for the front.

[Image: 7upe3e2u.jpg]
[Image: 5y5yhe9y.jpg]
[Image: 8a5uzeqy.jpg]

In response to your question about cscs kash, I doubt I will do circuit there. To many people jammed in at one time and not everyone knows the rules and the track so it makes for a dangerous run. I will however run test and tune at cscs like I have previous years and go do circuit during smaller track days that pop up.

Super Secret Cossy Part eh... I hope not that $500 Crankpulley I showed you lol

I like the Harness bar, I've been looking at one.

But you forgot to mention a set of cams heading your way for your parts list. Or are you not building your head?
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Question Jamie, did you get the swaybar from some old guy in Toronto? I sold my set to that guy and I have a funny feeling he didn't install the front bar.

I still regret every day that I pulled that turbo and all the gear off my car. Good luck man! Let me know how you make out.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Got it in a trade from Sean (castone) not sure where it originated.

Just got my new heim joints today from cfm

[Image: y9ahy5ag.jpg]

Did some tear down for the stripped interior. Cut out the frame for the rear seat/parcel shelf. It's rough right now as I ran low on time. Edges need to be cleaned up now and ground flat where it's uneven. Soon interior will get some paint I decided today as well since there is surface rust on driver footwell from leaking master cylinder. Time to get out the wire wheel
[Image: eve7y4an.jpg]
[Image: 9ypebatu.jpg]

Looking good buddy, I hope you do break into the 12's
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
looking good so far
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Lots more to come. Lots more I am working on to shave down weight as well.

On a side note I'm paying for my super secret cosworth part today and will see it next month.

Get rid of all that sound detaining crap, You'd be surprised how much it weighs.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Plan on it. Going to scrape all that crap out. Pulled knee bolster today in my lack of spare time. It has a steel frame and some good weight to it. Relocating boost controller to the storage bin in front of shifter to reduce wiring as I will have a shift knob to toggle between hi and lo boost. Here is the same knob as mine in mike wobbs car (haven't taken a pic of mine yet, still boxed up) gone in 60 seconds style. I have an auxiliary input in rear of boost controller. Now I can toggle 8-15psi on the shifter for staying lower boost for traction in 1-2 gears.

[Image: pumydyty.jpg]

[Image: 8upune8y.jpg]

Great build thread so far Jamie, can't wait to see it all done, and mystery Cossie part!!!

I got that sway bar from the wagon I parted out, the rear is going on my 05.

I can't wait for the warmer weather to start the install of my assorted parts, plus I might need a little help with a boost install Wink.
Well, since it's been paid for and the only other available I have found on the net is sold as well to a friend, here it is...

[Image: e9ava7en.jpg]

Not my picture, this is ken appells car from focus rising. The part in question is the coil cover in carbon fibre by cosworth. He has one of few if not the only one in North America. They are discontinued and had to be purchased from Britain. Should be shipping this week to Pittsburgh and I'll be picking it up next time I'm down over the winter. Not only can I get rid of my fswerks engine cover which is fairly heavy, I can keep the engine bay looking fresh with this piece which weighs nothing.

Off to the shop for some more fun, I'll post pictures of anything cool.

Awesome man, I'm very jealous!
I was talking to a guy on ebay UK about one a while ago, but the price was way to expensive.
I ended up paying 220$ Canadian shipped. Worked out a deal for two and reduced shipping

So I cleaned up the floor with some brake clean, water and a stiff brush. Got a lot of crap off which was nice. Cut the last of the rear metal out and started removing dynamat from my stereo days

[Image: pyha5y7a.jpg]

[Image: ajypadyj.jpg]

Then I got bored after cutting out the rear parts and fixing up the wiring through the car. Decided to remove headliner and install shift knob for jokes

[Image: ja2u6e8u.jpg]
[Image: agaja4em.jpg]
[Image: mujazy3u.jpg]
[Image: e6y6e2u6.jpg]

The garbage can from today's removals weighs quite a bit. Mostly steel from the trunk area, dynamat off trunk lid parts of the inside of trunk. I re routed my power wire for relocate of battery through interior instead of under car. Never liked it there anyways. Enjoy the pics. Progress has been good so far.

[Image: ene3yzyz.jpg]
Missed this pic... Cleaned it all up and relocated wiring to new locations

Edit: decided I may keep center console. It's pretty light and functional. Cleans up interior a bit too.

[Image: uha9ubam.jpg]

I'm going to put the boots on as well. I did however already delete the front mounting bracket so it will have to just be bolted at the rear.

Race car
I'm surprised you put your center consol back in haha
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue FINISHED!!>>>my OFFICIAL build thread drunkinmonkey 887 511,479 05-27-2015, 01:30 AM
Last Post: drunkinmonkey