Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATX to MTX tranny swap
Hey guys,

I've got my 05 zx4 with an ATX, I bought a MTX for it but i want to know what all i need to get swapped out. So far i've got the basics and most obvious.

What i have:

- MTX transmission
- Exedy clutch
- Manual axles
- Shifter linkage
- Shifter housing/Shifter
- Throttle and TPS

I havent looked on the transmission to see if the speed sensor is there but it should be. I also have to grab the section of wiring that clips on the wiring harness. Just not sure if everything is plug and play or have to start splicing and dicing.

I know scortcher is also going through the same thing so any and all info will help us both huge!
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
You will need the clutch pedal and master cylinder, clutch line and bracket. Also the crank sensor bracket is different. So the bracket for the mtx crank sensor, and the crank sensor also.
Oh yes. I've got pedals. Clutch Mc and lines already too from my old focus.
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
I think the crank sensor is the same... It's on the pulley side of the block. Unless there is a sensor for the MTX alone...

And from what I'm looking at the ATX axles will work with the MTX too lol

Make sure you put a LSD in that tranny while you have it out too!!
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Duratec is diff than Zetec for swap. Cps is at crank pulley as john said. Vss should be located on diff housing near passenger side axle. If you get that section of harness like we did for john off wobbs car that will have wiring for vss and reverse switch. All clutch lines are needed as kashus said and pedal assy wiring should be the same. Confirm this with john as he has both assemblies
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Ahh yes forgot it was a duratec lol