For Sure:
  • Cookie -camping
  • 2000zx3sct -no camping
  • Scorcher000 -no camping
Maybe:
  • ZTWSquared
  • Scorcher000
Links:
Hi everyone. I'm super new here so forgive my forwardness. I've mentioned this in a couple other places on the interweb to no result so I figure I shall make a post.

I'm fairly involved in motorsport in Ontario and spend a solid amount of time at Mosport working for the marshalling organization there. However, I typically only work club weekends so that I can relax and enjoy the pro weekends and nice weather.

I'm wondering if anybody makes it out to the Victoria Day Speedfest event each year. If so, would you like to meet up? Set up a little Fofo display? It's a great weekend for us as it is the season opener for the Nascar Canadian Tire Series, so lots of domestic car lovers in attendance for sure. Maybe you've never been and want to come?

A single adult ticket for the whole weekend is $50 in advance and camping pass is $40 in advance. Children 12 and under are free, quiet hours are 11pm-8am (and enforced). Click here for a complete list of policies.

If there's no interest ehhhh cool man, thought I'd try as I'll be there anyway and it's a nice location with plenty of fanfare.

For anyone who doesn't know, Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsport Park) is about 45 minutes East of Toronto in Clarington. Nice drive if you take HWY7 all the way.

Some Videos of the Racing:
NASCAR Canadian Tire Series on the ROAD COURSE!

TransAm

Pirelli World Challenge - Lower Classes

Ultra94 Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Canada

Canadian Touring Car Championship

ToyoTires Formula 1600 (EPIC RACING!!!)

Edit:I do not mean to make this a weekend long GTG, but one where we could spend some time cooing over our cars and then spend time with our friends/family as we wish Big Grin
Edit #2: If this doesn't fly, I will probably try again later.
Edit #3: Posted some vids to give a glimpse of the different groups of racecars attending this weekend.
Good post - good suggestion - glad being new hasn't made you shy about suggesting a get together.

Over the years I've done a lot of track days and attended a lot of ALMS events at Mosport and love it there ... having said that I've never been to this event - I'm going to check out and see if I can make it work with the wife and kids.

Thanks for bringing this out.

Anyone else?

(02-26-2014, 01:40 AM)CookieMahnster Wrote: Hi everyone. I'm super new here so forgive my forwardness. I've mentioned this in a couple other places on the interweb to no result so I figure I shall make a post.

I'm fairly involved in motorsport in Ontario and spend a solid amount of time at Mosport working for the marshalling organization there. However, I typically only work club weekends so that I can relax and enjoy the pro weekends and nice weather.

I'm wondering if anybody makes it out to the Victoria Day Speedfest event each year. If so, would you like to meet up? Set up a little Fofo display? It's a great weekend for us as it is the season opener for the Nascar Canadian Tire Series, so lots of domestic car lovers in attendance for sure. Maybe you've never been and want to come?

Cost of tickets/camping for the weekend will usually run a bit over 100$, maybe $130 if you wait until the last minute.

If there's no interest ehhhh cool man, thought I'd try as I'll be there anyway and it's a nice location with plenty of fanfare.

For anyone who doesn't know, Mosport (Canadian Tire Motorsport Park) is about 45 minutes East of Toronto in Clarington. Nice drive if you take HWY7 all the way.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ill be in Norwalk,OH that weekend at an NHRA event.
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
@ZTWSquared - It's always a great weekend of action. Some of my favourite NA series' are there and the crowd is soooo much more family friendly the last few years. As a lifelong attendee (31 yrs) I could not be more pleased to see so many kids in the park again. Meet or no meet I would encourage you to go! The NCATS race last year was epic.. hoping for a repeat.

@drunkinmonkey - Well THAT's pretty cool too. Smile
The focus may be rolling around by them. Put me as a maybe!!!
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

(02-26-2014, 11:15 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: The focus may be rolling around by them. Put me as a maybe!!!

I've started a list. Added! Think you'd be camping? I feel that might be worth including Smile
I should add on that there are discounted, day trip prices, but you pay for the remainder of the weekend and are refunded as you leave for unused tickets.
I don't know if I would camp. I doubt it. Every time I go camping S**t hits the fan lol. Let's leave it at that...

But I would go for the day provided the car is rolling and legal. I assume the police will be in full force in the local area just like at most other car events.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Wouldn't be surprised if MTO sets up there little stations . I learned once , everything will be right or "legal" on my car this year lol. I'd definitely by down to go for the day Probly won't camp ether
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
Hey guys. OPP are known to set up down the road from the park at the end of the days. As long as you aren't speeding or have outrageously illegal setups you should be ok. Mostly simple speed traps. After all, they will also see Ferraris, McLarens, Porsches, Camaros, Mustangs... all manner of fancy. But yeah, anything obvious would be good to adjust for this weekend.

Maybe we'll look at doing Saturday afternoon. Thanks for replies!
Added some video links for anyone not sure exactly what goes on. This is NOT an oval track race. Big ass 700 acre park.
Just going to put it out there that I have two tents anyone can borrow. One small (good for 1 or 2 small people) one larger (good for 2-4ish). Provided promises to not wreck them are made Smile No charge or anything. Both have kept me dry in heavy rains.
looks like its going to be a fun event for sure
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
I have no doubt. Bought a minivan last week to sleep in muAHAHAhA. I'll have to have someone help me shuttle two vehicles (maybe the wife is interested).
Also, while not perfect and probably not especially paint/low friendly, this is what I know as one of the only fun driving routes in my area. :/ But just so happens to be a nice scenic route to the track.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/44.019504...39!1m0!3e0