Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randy's new position at Mountune
Just wanted to share this with the community. As copied from Randy's post on FJ

"Dear FSWerks customers and Focus community,

I’m writing today to inform all of you that I will be leaving my position at FSWerks. This was not an easy decision to make. I've put my heart and soul into my work here over the last 17+ years, but this is a decision that I felt was necessary. It’s been a good run here, but the time has come to make a change so my last day here will be March 28th, 2014.

I have taken a position at Mountune USA and will start there in early April, 2014. I will be offering support to FSWerks customers who have purchased flashers from FSWerks directly, but the exact details of that are still being worked out. Anyone who has purchased programming from ME directly will have zero change in support.

Thank you."

What this means for anybody currently using randy for tuning? Likely not much. I was speaking with him and things will be working not any different. He is still going to be programming and supporting existing customers. New customers will be able to contact him to see if he can tune them also but he does not have any new contact info. If you are a customer I suggest taking a few minutes to touch base with him about your programming at some point. I wouldn't today as I'm sure his inbox is filling up like crazy for this same reason of others checking in.

Wish him the best, watch mountune USA though, I feel big things are coming with randy working up there for the ST models. A big jump but I'm sure more available resources will be at his fingers.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Wow that's a big hit to them. Hopefully this works for the best for him.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
sounds like I will be fine since I purchased my tune directly from him. ill touch base with him before the end of the month
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
big thinkgs for Randy, Too bad for FS but overall Montune is a huge company and i'm sure he will come out with some great products.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
There will be someone else to replace him....nobody is irreplaceable.
But the level of knowledge over 17 years for the mk1 focus is hard to replace from a tuning stand point and being the go to guy for all Cobb AP tuning in the focus and fiesta st world (also offered by mountune called mtune on the Cobb)

It's going to be a hard hit in that department I am sure but he was doing all paid programming on the side anyway
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily