Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New car but what to do with the Focus
I just purchased a new car, but did not trade in the Focus because the dealer was going to give me next to nothing for it,  but I am wondering do I keep it and drive it maybe a few time a year (its not worth having insurance all year round) or sell it?  Its an 02 SVT with 105k on it and is great condition.  I worry if I harldly drive it, when it needs parts or anything it will become more difficult to find them???   Some feedback would be great.

Thanks
David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
What kind of car is the new one? Is your new car fun to drive? Because if your new car is sporty and fun to drive then maybe you should sell the svt. If your new car is an suv or minivan then maybe it would be worth having the focus still to have fun in. Just my thoughts
I got a Edge Sport. I really do like
the SVT, it just didnt make sense with a second child on the way, plus we also have my wifes mazda 6.
I know what you mean...My 04 Sentra SE-R Spec V was starting to become more costly to maintain than my wife wanted me to spend on it.  It's still sitting in the driveway looking for a buyer, without plates and insurance.  I replaced it with my '12 Titanium Sedan, and the wife has an '11 Flex Ecoboost Limited.  The Focus is actually less fun to drive than the Sentra was, but the interior creature comforts and lower fuel consumption are both great, as is the stock stereo. I still also have a  '77 Chevy Pickup in the garage that I've stalled working on for several years now.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Good choice on the edge , I probably put some sealer on the passenger wheel well .... So if it leaks you can blame me Lol
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
Wheel well Leak??? I have decided to sell it. I just cant justify having the 3rd car, I would rather let it get driven than sit in the garage to waste away. I discovered the oil pan leak after buying the new car, besides that the car really has been good and reliable.

David
Just messing around , seems like a great price for your svt . Oil pan is a pretty easy job to do .
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .