Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2000zx3sct's Wagon / SVT build
Hello everyone ! , just decided that I will be posting up the progress of my svt wagon build thread. My ultimate goal of this thread is to post pictures of the progress and to pick everyone's brains on here if I come into any issues. After seeing a couple of SVT wagons on here and on Focus fanatics I immediately fell in love and have always wanted to build one. Well the time came when I was doing my normal search on kijiji and found a sonic blue svt for $1500 Obo . After talking to the owner he basically told me to throw him a reasonable price because he needed the space for his new Volkswagen . I offered him $800 and he immediately accepted , Im kind of kicking myself because I believe I could have lowballed even more but im happy with my purchase. Here are some pictures of when I first brought it home.

[img][Image: IMG_26751_zps70c9d237.jpg][/img]

[Image: IMG_26741_zpsa4d5bc38.jpg]

[Image: IMG_26781_zpsaf026b9e.jpg]

At first I was on the fence about what I was going to do with the car , I was going to keep it and use it as a beater for winter but upon further investigation of insurance cost and the amount of rust and rot in the rockers I decided to find a donor wagon . Believe it or not the Focus Svt is almost 300 more a month to drive than a regular focus for me.

[img][Image: IMG_26841_zpsb7c097a4.jpg][/img]

The next day I looked on kijiji and found a wagon with a blown split port engine for $300 firm , went to look at it and it was pretty much mint looking . Ended up offering the guy $280 and brought it home the same day.

[img][Image: IMG_26901_zps3c8e24bf.jpg][/img]

I have the car about 50 percent stripped down and all im waiting for is some nice weather to start the transfer process of the engine and interior. Im planning on keeping it stockish (lol) on the outside and basically use it as my daily driver. Im planning on slamming it , gonna look into some coilovers , but unsure if they offer them for wagons or not. Im also have a set of euro spec hella dual projectors to go on it , a nice MBRP Exhaust that I got from drunkinmonkey (sean) along with all the svt goodies so it should be a fun build . Ill keep posting updated pictures as I go on. I hope to have the whole car done by early May but we will see how that goes Lol.

Here is some pictured of what the svt looks like today. Also I will add anything that I may have for sale. The front and rear bumpers are already sold.
[img][Image: IMG_27301_zps2973fb4e.jpg][/img]

[img]=http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/Focused_Zx3/media/IMG_27371_zps587aff4d.jpg.html][Image: IMG_27371_zps587aff4d.jpg][/URL][/img]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
gonna be a nice fun build man. looking forward to seeing this. as for coils for the wagon im not sure about the rear but you can def do coils on the front. might have to just use a lowering spring and maybe cut a coil out?
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
(03-27-2014, 02:01 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: gonna be a nice fun build man. looking forward to seeing this. as for coils for the wagon im not sure about the rear but you can def do coils on the front. might have to just use a lowering spring and maybe cut a coil out?

Pretty sure ST and H&R still make coilovers for the wagon.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I stand corrected H&R does still make them. Part#29428.1
ST makes a set as well as KW.. on sale on tirerack if your looking
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Bilstein had wagon coilovers also for another option. I did see a set for sale not long ago on FJ or FF
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
bag it Big Grin
Haha in my dreams Smile , no way I could afford that . I'll def check into some coil overs tho.
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
Ok so just a quick question . Does anyone know if I could use the existing dash harness that's in the wagon for this swap ? I'm hoping I can just swap the ECU from svt and leave the current dash that's in the wagon installed . I mean the only things that wouldn't work would be the secondary gauge beside the tach. Or am I missing something here ?
2002 SVT Focus
Should be the same as the headlight switch, turn signals, horn/airbag, stereo, hvac controls, are all the same. You will have to reprogram the ecu at Ford tho.
Reprogram as in for the key to work ? If I were to transfer over the whole steering assembly couldn't I avoid that ?
2002 SVT Focus
You would have to transfer the column, cluster, and ecu so yeah that should work. You would have to use 2 keys all the time tho. For doors and ignition.
That would suck pretty bad . What does the stealership usually charge for a re-program ?
2002 SVT Focus
I got mine done for free because i worked there, but im pretty sure its 1 hours labour. So $100. Shitty part is you need a tow there.
post up the progress pics!!! I know you have some
Instagram @o_so_slo
Got the svt gutted , this dam snow really sucks I was hoping to get the wagon looking like this today but winter has come back to haunt us . At least now I can see where all the wiring hooks up . Hopefully the weather will change tomorrow because it's my day off lol    

I'm currently trying to come up with ideas for a euro plate and I'm thinking of what I should do with the carpet . The svt carpet is really bad , with the amount of hair in it you could probably make another carpet . So I'm thinking of dyeing the carpet in the wagon black , anyone have experience with carpet dye ? I'm pretty sure crappy tire sells spray cans of it for 10 bucks . That or pull a good condition black carpet from Kenny u pull , I haven't even checked the price of them yet . - oh and as for the dash wiring I decided just to use the svt harness just to make things more straight forward .
2002 SVT Focus
i cant see it being to much work to switch the door handle locks over. and if you put the svt interior into the wagon you may still be able to use the fob...
The "spray" at ct, is just paint and not a dye of any sort. It will come off on a surface which is being rubbed or contacted. It's fine for a head liner but a carpet I would get a replacement
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Wow just checked Kenny's and carpets are 10 bucks lol might be worth a look !

(04-16-2014, 01:22 AM).2001.focus. Wrote: i cant see it being to much work to switch the door handle locks over. and if you put the svt interior into the wagon you may still be able to use the fob...
Everything is going over . I hear it's a royal pain to convert the windows to power so unsure if I will do this or not .... I mean I could run the wires through and possibly leave them disconnected and just run the manual cranks for now . How hard is it to convert to power windows ?
2002 SVT Focus
look for a dark blue wagon on the far side in i think th elast or second last row of fords. i think it had a black interior... not 100% as i wasnt really looking at the carpet. but im thinking it was black.
^^^ I think your right I think it is black. I was there on the weekend. well charcoal
Instagram @o_so_slo