Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New - Alberta
Hi, new here from Alberta!

I don't currently own a focus, hoping to sell my mazda3 and pick up a svt if I can find one in Alberta.
Anyone looking to sell one in Alberta this summer?

Just wanted to drop in and learn a bit about the focuses. I know a fair bit already, big ford guy and the mazda3 is basically a focus. I knew the mazda3 was based off the focus but I found it funny how many of the same part the share all with ford stamps.

My toy is a 1994 mustang that I've built for 7 years now. Did a 4.2 v6 swap from f-150 with m112 cobra supercharger. Makes 300whp, not bad for a v6 and is enough to fool around with.

Hope to pick up a focus and stick around!

Thanks.
(03-28-2014, 11:49 AM)Orange 94 Wrote: Hi, new here from Alberta!

I don't currently own a focus, hoping to sell my mazda3 and pick up a svt if I can find one in Alberta.

Just wanted to drop in and learn a bit about the focuses. I know a fair bit already, big ford guy and the mazda3 is basically a focus. I knew the mazda3 was based off the focus but I found it funny how many of the same part the share all with ford stamps.

My toy is a 1994 mustang that I've built for 7 years now. Did a 4.2 v6 swap from f-150 with m112 cobra supercharger. Makes 300whp, not bad for a v6 and is enough to fool around with.

Thanks.

Welcome to the site - a few members on here from Alberta - good luck with getting your SVT - the youngest of them are now 10 model years old and good-condition nice-running models are getting more difficult to find; let us know how you're doing and if we can help.

Cheers

Ken
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
(03-28-2014, 11:49 AM)Orange 94 Wrote: Hi, new here from Alberta!

Thanks.

Welcome aboard Richard (aka 94stang from FFOC).
welcome to the boards. how you can find one and stick around
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
(03-28-2014, 12:07 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: Welcome to the site - a few members on here from Alberta - good luck with getting your SVT - the youngest of them are now 10 model years old and good-condition nice-running models are getting more difficult to find; let us know how you're doing and if we can help.

Cheers

Ken
Thanks! Yeah I understand that, however the svt's usually are taken better care of than the standard focus.

There's an extremely mint one in kelowna at the lexus dealership, but I dont want to do out of province and its a bit on the pricey side.
I wish I lived in ontario, they seem to be swarming with them.

(03-28-2014, 08:20 PM)02ztsian Wrote: Welcome aboard Richard (aka 94stang from FFOC).
V6mistake correct? absolutely love that car.
I actually drove up to calgary to look at a yellow zx3 with a roush turbo last year. I was so excited and had insurance and everything on it, but when I saw it in person it was soooooo poorly done.

(03-28-2014, 10:35 PM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: welcome to the boards. how you can find one and stick around
Thanks!

Here's a picture of my two orange turds

[Image: FD3oYKql.jpg]

[Image: 11h7NNel.jpg]

Also, is the owner on here or does anyone know the owner of this car?
I think it's in alberta, absolutely love it.

[Image: g9uHC1Al.jpg]

http://illmotion.com/im-highlight-jules-...focus-zx5/
That is Jules the wedding girl!
We are members here...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/172826702847073/
And I kept looking at that yellow (later satin black) Rousch turbo on Kijiji.
Too bad it was such a turd!
(03-29-2014, 12:46 AM)02ztsian Wrote: That is Jules the wedding girl!
We are members here...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/172826702847073/
And I kept looking at that yellow (later satin black) Rousch turbo on Kijiji.
Too bad it was such a turd!

I think I'll join that group!
I was pretty disappointed with that turbo'd focus. It looked great in pictures and I wanted it so bad. I wouldn't even be able to save it. The longer I looked at it the more I found wrong.
You know-everything is for sale for the right price (hint hint!)
Haha what are you trying to hint at?

Theres a sonic blue svt that just went up for sale... Only $3500. I wish I had the cash to spend, already asked if they were interested in a trade.
Check that ad carefully-pics have two different sets of wheels.
Probably pulled off the interweb!

Correction-I see that he has two sets of rims/tires. And the mountain pic is Lake Minniwanka near Banff so could be legit.
That's what I was thinking.
He does say it has winter and summers. The ad has an actual postal code and the reply I got back didn't seem like the usual scam.

Still seems a bit fishy though.
How do I search pics again?
On Chrome-right click and Google search for image.
Welcome. SVT-WGN is in Saskatchewan (half of Alberta is from Saskatchewan). Will keep my eyes open, but best I can offer (old guy wisdom) is good luck. We are located in east-central Saskatchewan (east of Saskatoon). Where roughly, are you located in Alberta?

If you feel comfortable with fabrication, you may find "build your own" a much more viable option. Considering the SVT is now over ten years old, you are, more than likely, buying someone else's problem. Decide what you want, find the pieces (now out-of-province doesn't matter) and build up your own. We did, and SVT-WGN is three years and 50,000 kilometres older than when it was built in 2011. Have to say, love six gears in a wagon. When built, it was unique. Now there are at least a couple of others (including another being built by 2000zx3sct and documented on this forum.)

[Image: vzargj.jpg]
(03-31-2014, 03:35 AM)02ztsian Wrote: On Chrome-right click and Google search for image.
Thanks! Nothing came up, maybe it is legit?

(03-31-2014, 05:23 AM)SVT-WGN Wrote: Welcome. SVT-WGN is in Saskatchewan (half of Alberta is from Saskatchewan). Will keep my eyes open, but best I can offer (old guy wisdom) is good luck. We are located in east-central Saskatchewan (east of Saskatoon). Where roughly, are you located in Alberta?

If you feel comfortable with fabrication, you may find "build your own" a much more viable option. Considering the SVT is now over ten years old, you are, more than likely, buying someone else's problem. Decide what you want, find the pieces (now out-of-province doesn't matter) and build up your own. We did, and SVT-WGN is three years and 50,000 kilometres older than when it was built in 2011. Have to say, love six gears in a wagon. When built, it was unique. Now there are at least a couple of others (including another being built by 2000zx3sct and documented on this forum.)

[Image: vzargj.jpg]

Thanks! I'm from southern Alberta, Lethbridge. When you say east of Saskatoon do you mean in the prince Albert area? Or more east? Cool wagon!

Thank you for the suggestion. Id rather avoid going that route though. This car would be my daily driver, so I don't really want to be messing around with swaps. Been there, done that and swaps aren't usually the most realible. The mustang is already a full time project, so id rather not have another. I understand the cars are starting to get old, but I'm fine with doing repairs as needed. Just want something clean and under 200k.
Straight east - Humboldt. Prince Albert is north of Saskatoon. And thank you, some of us old geezers enjoy driving, and ... we are not all shiftless. Vain, yes (vanity plate), but not shiftless.
Might want to check this car out (or have a Sask member do so).
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/saska...nFlag=true
My old ZTS. Lost the euro tails but still has the CF hood and OZ Chronos HTs.
Might want to check under the hood for a little forced induction!
I have contacted them several times as to asking price but no reply ever.
And it's been for sale for a while so may go cheap.
Lol this was for sale in lethbridge a few weeks ago for 4000. I guess this guy picked it up to try to sell for profit.
Way too much for the shape its in.

$5000 for cracked bumper, cracked mirror, scratches, missing head rest, destroyed driver seat. 170k. Seems a bit high.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calga...nFlag=true