Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sooo i got bored
I have been slowly trying to clean up under my hood a bit. splash of paint here. wash there. I notice a lot of people with the zetecs put engine covers on. I think its massive or fswerks... idk. ... But I am rocking a spi (until she drops) and i dont think they make them for it, plus i love making stuff myself. So iv been messing around with the idea and went to good old paint to get them out of my head. So ill post them here... not 100% sure why. i guess see what you guys think

picture number 1 is the first i made and it is the basic idea.

picture number 2 is after looking at it i decided it would be better to have the wires sit on the out side of the cover to keep the heat off them (i would just drill holes where the plugs are.

picture number 3 is just and idea to make the top piece a little wider to help hide the coil and the timing belt cover/engine side of the engine mount? I did make it to wide and there was no turning back (im to tired to bother) so it wouldnt be as wide. just enough to help hide some of the ugly wires and such.

[Image: 10253758_10154008306310184_2561991904541...e=53C9CC75]

[Image: 10151917_10154008306535184_6935028554446963934_n.jpg]

[Image: 10250285_10154008306670184_4380948140860759414_n.jpg]
Cool , if you need any spi parts Lmk . The motor I have will most likely be going to the scrap yard with the blue shell .
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
hmmm if i could figure out exactly what is wrong with my car i would see if you had the part... but as long as she lasts like another 4 months im happy. then its wagon or hatchback time... (i want a wagon gf wants a hb)
whats your car doing that makes you think something is wrong?
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Iv started to maybe narrow it down. Changed my spark plugs and the second one in on the left (not sure what cylinder that would be, 2 or 3) and it had oil on it. I also ran a bit of seafoam to help clean up and carbon buildups. And I added some fuel injector cleaner. Took my cai off and cleaned the tb and the maf.

What it was doing is at low rpm under load it would also seem like it was back firering. It would kinda loose power or something for a second then go back to normal. It has kinda stopped until today when I was coming up the centennial access when it did it hard. I was in 3rd phisher rpm (3500) and it hit hard. It was like the engine died bit because it's a standard it got itself going again. I'm not saying it did die it just hit hard like it did.

I did find out I have 2 hair line cracks in the exhause manifold. Also I check the spark plug that had oil on it before and after only 80km on it if not less it has oil on it again.
take a look at your coil pack..... more specifically the wires going to it... ensure they are not broken/worn...not the plug wires but the 3 wires connecting it. I know zetecs had huge problems with that , not sure if spi had that issue.
Thanks I start school tomorrow but will check after. My father told me to replace my fuel pump. Iv been kind of looking into it and maybe someone can help. Are all the early focus fuel pumps the same? From what I can tell they are but would rather be sure before buying one.
id almost say the piston rings are fried?
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
My focus had cut out a few times too back when the alternator was going out. The ECU wasn't taking Ford updates either and had to be replaced along with the alternator.

It all started with those 3 wires to the coil pack...
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
The wires dont look bad. But I'll have to track them back more

Maybe I'll pull out my compression tester and test it. Also the whole reason I made this thread well here is a update
[Image: 10253884_10154037016980184_7039788660707252347_n.jpg]
[Image: e5a3u5yq.jpg]

[Image: abe4ehuh.jpg]
(05-04-2014, 09:57 AM).2001.focus. Wrote: [Image: e5a3u5yq.jpg]

[Image: abe4ehuh.jpg]

It def cleans up the engine bay nicely . Now I want to make one lol .
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
Did you make the rad deflector?
If that's the piece above the grill then yes
just had to rust it out eh lol
Instagram @o_so_slo
Yeah. Figured it would flow with the hood. Decided to spray some skulls under the hood but you can tell its been a few years since iv touched a can