Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple sneak peeks for my 5-lug
Good work man, I've had hubs and rotors sitting at a machine shop waiting for my 5 bolt conversion for a really long time(so long I'e given up).
Were you the guy on kijiji with the collection front bumper a little while ago?
That was me! Lol I just got the alignment decent up front and it sits and drives really nice.
So, for anyone interested, I'll be making an in depth write up and how to. From all the parts and years to all the custom machine shop work and misc bits you'd never think of till you've done it. My goal was to have 5x114.3 on a car using stock brakes and wear items from a Mazda 3. Definitely a success. More to come Smile

A couple shitty cellphone pics, RS conversion is near complete. Few more tweaks and fender caps and itll be something nice.
Nice! Where did you source the kit from?
Front and rear bumpers, fenders, came from a kid on kijiji, the rear quarters i made myself, the rockers are stock rockers pulled 1" out from the body.
Wow! How did you make the rear quarters? Any progress pictures?
Good looking car ! , I msged that guy selling the RS stuff but he said he didn't have the front fenders . Maybe it was a different ad .
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
No real progress pictures, but i took molds of the front fenders to start with, then alot of fibreglassing and sanding to make it look proper. a metric fucktonne of work lol.
looks good dude. come along way since the last time I seen it

btw how did you pull your rockers lol
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
(09-18-2014, 01:03 PM)MikkelRS Wrote: No real progress pictures, but i took molds of the front fenders to start with, then alot of fibreglassing and sanding to make it look proper. a metric fucktonne of work lol.

Excellent work - looks great. Can you re-use the molds for the fiberglass?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I had to replace them, so i took good stock ones off a car and left 3/4" of a lip on them, then welded them to where the stock ones roll off, adding close to 1", then i welded 1x1 tube along the inside of the pinch weld for a jacking rail, then a chunk of body metal between the square tube and new cut rocker. Took a crapload of work to do, but they're mint now, useful and both stock and modified. It worked out when i made the rear wheel arches meet up with the rocker, looks totally like something the factory would have done. Way better than the RS sideskirts. As for the molds, i actually used the mold i popped off as the rear quarters, so i dont have any leftover fibreglass parts. All in all, it was a massive project that still isnt done, but has some light at the end of the tunnel. Far cry from where it came from:
.jpg   $(KGrHqZ,!jIFC)N,lBH6BQyzwzj0dw~~48_35.JPG (Size: 12.46 KB / Downloads: 19)