Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An ST for a friend...
Hello fellow Focus friends!
Last time I was here, a year ago!, I was looking into getting an SUV (Explorer) but decided to keep my '07 ST another year. It now has 215,000Km! Have rust coming out here and there but still running good!

My friend (aka:gf Wink ) is looking to buy a new car. She test drove the Kia Forte5 turbo 1.6 and fell in love with it. I am trying to get her to test out the '14 ST but she is not liking the price of it compared to the Kia. Anyone here heard good things about the Kia? I would rather she get the ST, but it's not for me to decide, unless I can get good arguments to do so! Wink

Any '13-'14 ST owners in here? Whats your take on it? Worth it? I know some will be biased, but that's ok, I am too! :p

Oh, and all this talk about new car is making me get the urge to trade my '07 for a '14 ST...might have to track someone down for an X-plan pin Big Grin

Thansk
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
I test drove a 2013 forte, and I can honestly say it was one of the worst cars I have ever driven in my life. that being said for 2014 the forte is suppose to have finally moved over the the Elantra chassis, which my gf has, and every-time I drive her car hard i love it more and more, and a turbo on top of that would make it all the more amazing. so assuming that the dealer actually knew what he was talking about then the '14 forte may be a good choice for the price, other wise i stand by the fact that its a piece of $***.

If shes not a focus enthusiast or is someone with just alot of money its gonna be hard to sell the ST, I love that car and i cant get my head around the price. now i do not have real world experience with the current gen ST so i cant give you that its the best car ever for the money, but if she wants a new car and its just a car, personally I would recommend hoping over to a Hyundai dealership and trying out the new Elantras because I know for a fact that they are a good handling car and are a much better value, I believe they even have a 2.0 GT turbo Smile

but thats just my 2 cents. good luck trying to get her over to the ST though!
Get her to test drive a fiesta ST if her budget is lower. They are just as solid as the focus st is.

I do have a '13 which I have had since October '12. Love the car, no warranty issues aside from a sync update and IPC update (just firmware for screen)

Aside from the tires loving to collect nails and screws it has treated me well and it super comfortable for me and the gf. It's basically a DD for both of us.

John can maybe throw in his thoughts after driving down to Carlisle. I know the seats were a little slim for him on the thighs. Fit very well in the recaros with a 34-36 waist
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Thanks for the reply guys!
She loved her test drive in a '14 Forte5 (turboed), but she is coming from a '11 Ford Ranger FX4, so who wouldn't like the feel of another vehicule after this! lol
I see a few ST's still in stock around my area but haven't made it out there yet!
A Fiesta is a tad "small" as she stated. Her friend has a Mazda 2 and did not like it regarding the size.
I know if I get behind the wheel of an ST I will want to trade my '07 in for sure! Must. Resist. Need. Bigger. Family. Vehicule! :/ (3 kids).

I'll let you all know the outcome.
Thanks
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black