Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some body shop input
Hi Guys,

Just got call from the gf ... she rear ended an SUV on her way home from work. I haven't been home yet to take a look at it but sounds like it's just her hood that took the impact.

Anyone have any experience (or hookups) with body shops in the Cambridge/KW area? The car is an 04' Echo hatch in red.

Also considering an aftermarket cf hood to save on the cost of trying to match the 10 year old paint if anyone has a suggestion.

Thanks for the help!

PS. Here's a shot of the little trooper in his winter duds a while back.

[Image: IMG_03642.jpg]
07' ZX4 SES - Steeda SRI - Xcal3 w/Steeda 91 tune - Hi-flow cat - Magnaflow 2.5 cat back - Massive Strut Bar
123whp - 137wtq (Out of date)
(06-13-2014, 08:39 AM)Scourge Wrote: Hi Guys,

Just got call from the gf ... she rear ended an SUV on her way home from work. I haven't been home yet to take a look at it but sounds like it's just her hood that took the impact.

Anyone have any experience (or hookups) with body shops in the Cambridge/KW area? The car is an 04' Echo hatch in red.

Also considering an aftermarket cf hood to save on the cost of trying to match the 10 year old paint if anyone has a suggestion.

Thanks for the help!

FWIW I can get you a good quality aftermarket metal hood for 130 + HST.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Don't go to golden triangle is my suggestion LOL car star is suppose to be solid but at work we use Melair auto body in ayr.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Thanks guys,

I went by Shouldice, Golden T, and Carstar. Golden T convinced me right away not to go with them. Shouldice seemed fine, but I wasn't happy with their cleaning practices (dirty wash water, buffing towels looking grungy). Carstar convinced me to go with them ... I used carstar in Mississauga a couple years back, wasn't entirely happy but I'll give the local guys a chance to redeem.

Next battle will be with insurance, initial quote came in at 140% of redbook. This was Sarah's first car, she's had it from new and still loves it, so I'll fight tooth and nail to have it fixed.

-George
07' ZX4 SES - Steeda SRI - Xcal3 w/Steeda 91 tune - Hi-flow cat - Magnaflow 2.5 cat back - Massive Strut Bar
123whp - 137wtq (Out of date)
Good luck! Car star I have always heard good things from so hopefully they come through as long as insurance does
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
(06-15-2014, 03:53 PM)GFXjamie Wrote: Good luck! Car star I have always heard good things from so hopefully they come through as long as insurance does

When my wife had a parking lot fender bender 3 years ago - Carstar was one of the places my insurance company wanted a quote from - apparently they are on RBC's "recommended" list.

For a damaged fender, door skin, and front rotor/knuckle/strut - they're quotation was shockingly high ($4200) - and it was one of the reasons RBC decided to write the car off.

Using OE parts (yeah, okay, from the US) and hiring my own mechanic to put them on - and using another good bodyshop here in Brampton - the actual cost to repair the car back to original condition was $1800 - and that included replacing the struts and rotors and knuckles on both sides of the car to SVT spec.

There's something funny going on in the insurance industry and used car market - it almost seems like insurance companies and bodyshops are conspiring to write off older cars at the slightest excuse.

At 4200 I can see writing off a 2001 Focus, even in 2011 - but even today I can't replace that car with anything decent for less than 3 grand - and it was certainly worth the 1800 to fix it.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible Body Shop Experience Dimitri 17 6,252 10-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Last Post: konafocuswrc