Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What we do
- Blackbox / dash cam (directly imports from Korea)
- Remote starter, alarm, keyless entry
- Rear view mirror (OEM look) + rear view camera
- Parking sensors (with buzzer, with display)
- HID(equipped DRL or not)
- LEDs (license plate, turn, fog, interior)
- Car audio
- Lamin-x film sale/Installation(clear, yellow, tint, gunsmoke, Charcoal) for show and protection OR Thinner film for show, no protection(yellow, dark, red)
- Parts Installation
- General maintanance
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Do you have a link to the blackbox / dashcam product? Thanks.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
(06-24-2014, 10:46 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: Do you have a link to the blackbox / dashcam product? Thanks.

For IROAD, http://www.navinc.co.kr/
For COWON, http://www.cowonglobal.com/
For ZALMAN, http://zalman.com/eng/product/Product_Read.php?Idx=823
I have 6 different products in stock.

1 Channel
IROAD 900HD (REAL HD)
IROAD 3800FU (FULL HD)
COWON AW1 (FULL HD)

2 Channel
ZALMAN (REAL HD)
IROAD DEFENDER (FULL HD, HAS LCD SCREEN)
COWON AF2(FULL HD, HAS LCD SCREEN)

1 products not in stock, can be ordered.
2 Channel
IROAD GT (REAL HD, NO SCREEN)

There are more but some are being tested in my car.

Price is from $130 upto $420 for the unit only. Installation is $30 for 1 channel, $50 for 2 channel.
GPS is extra $. It will show how fast you were going and where you were on Google map.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
that aw1 is pretty sick!! how much does that one run?
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
do you have any blackbox that can be mounted and exposed to elements? I have a contour on my bike right now but it requires manually turning it on and hitting the format button every 2-3 days. Its hard wired so at least I don't need to charge it. But I want something waterproof with looping and auto on that doesn't cost 300+.
(06-24-2014, 10:15 PM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: that aw1 is pretty sick!! how much does that one run?

I thought I clicked on REPLY, not EDIT.
I did not mean to edit your post.

$250 for unit, GPS is extra $30.

Cowon is popular in Korea, Japan and Russia but not that well-known in North America.
They used to make a good MP3 player.

(06-24-2014, 11:06 PM)hardk0re Wrote: do you have any blackbox that can be mounted and exposed to elements? I have a contour on my bike right now but it requires manually turning it on and hitting the format button every 2-3 days. Its hard wired so at least I don't need to charge it. But I want something waterproof with looping and auto on that doesn't cost 300+.

Hmmm..no..I do not have anything waterproof.
For 250 (AW1), how is it better than say a Drift Ghost? Other than size? If this is derailing this thread let me know we can move this to another thread just about dashcam vs action cam. I'm trying to really understand myself if I want to pay for a high quality dashcam or simply pickup a drift ghost, hence my questions. Plus side for me is the ghost would work on the bike since its waterproof.
You are comparing apple to orange.

Dashcam is not an action cam like Ghost or Gopro.
Dashcam is a Blackbox.

It is always on, draws around 150mA. It has G-sensor and motion sensor.

When key is in and car is on, it is in driving mode. G-sensor is ON and when car gets hit, it records from 30 seconds before and after the impact.
When key is off, it is in parking mode. It relies on G-sensor and motion sensor. When someone approaches to your car, it records.

Blackbox is for your safety and evidence when you get involved in an accident.
-provides video evidence in the event of an accident.
-spot hit-and-run and theft, gets keyed.
-reduce your valuable time to settle a claim by the court or by the insurance company.
would this also work if someone smashed say drivers side window? theres been a lot of smashed windows in my building complex lately. not sure how wide of an angle this can record or not
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
this will cover whole front window.
It will not directly looking at the side window. However, it has built in microphone. It will pick up noise and whoever did will pass by in front.
COWON AF2(FULL HD, HAS LCD SCREEN)

Where does it store the footage?
How long does it take to install?
How much would everything cost?

I'm interested in getting a unit installed in my service truck as I drive all over the city all day and night long. Plus the rear camera would be good to keep an eye on my gear and thousands of dollars worth of tires riding in the back.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

(06-27-2014, 10:06 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: COWON AF2(FULL HD, HAS LCD SCREEN)

Where does it store the footage?
How long does it take to install?
How much would everything cost?

I'm interested in getting a unit installed in my service truck as I drive all over the city all day and night long. Plus the rear camera would be good to keep an eye on my gear and thousands of dollars worth of tires riding in the back.

AF2 is very expensive unit, the best resolution 1920x1080.
$440 Plus install, I will only charge you $30.
If you drive that much, I would recommend getting GPS $30 as well.
It will show your speed and where you were on Goolge map.

Or. I have IROAD defender $320, $30 for GPS and $30 for install. Resolution is 1280x720.

Or. I have 2 channel without LCD screen, $140, GPS is $30, install $30.

All stored in SD card. It comes with 16GB, but that is enough.
It stores into 3 different folders, event, parking, driving. You can set that up which is the most important and it will overwrite less important stuff first.

Depends on cars, install takes no more than 45 mins.

Comes with 1 year warranty from me. Don't need to deal with company in Korea.
Ok that cool. I don't mind spending a little more to get something of quality. I was thinking of the GoPro. But that doesn't work in my situation. Plus the touch screen will help me capture those moments in life where people f**k up lol. Like this morning just leaving the airport on Renforth. A lady run a red light and almost smoked a 5 ton straight truck. I will I caught that on camera lol

I assume you just need a direct power, ground and accessory power to feed the unit?
$470 is ok And I would get the GPS too at that price. So the Total would be $565.00 with tax. Right?
Now do you provide receipts?

And looking at my schedule I would be able to do it probably after the 10th of July. I'm just busy and down time on the truck is not an option for me.
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified

(06-27-2014, 10:41 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: Ok that cool. I don't mind spending a little more to get something of quality. I was thinking of the GoPro. But that doesn't work in my situation. Plus the touch screen will help me capture those moments in life where people f**k up lol. Like this morning just leaving the airport on Renforth. A lady run a red light and almost smoked a 5 ton straight truck. I will I caught that on camera lol

I assume you just need a direct power, ground and accessory power to feed the unit?
$470 is ok And I would get the GPS too at that price. So the Total would be $565.00 with tax. Right?
Now do you provide receipts?

And looking at my schedule I would be able to do it probably after the 10th of July. I'm just busy and down time on the truck is not an option for me.

She must be on her phone txt-ing..Geeeez...
Yep it just needs direct power, accessory and ground.
In setting, you might wanna set 11.8v or 12.0v to prevent your car not starting after parking over night.

And yes, I have POS machine and i can provide you receipt no problem.

After July 10th is good.
Ok, thanks Leo. I'll message you when the time is closer, to schedule and confirm when we are good to go.

(06-27-2014, 11:15 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: Ok, thanks Leo. I'll message you when the time is closer, to schedule and confirm when we are good to go.

Not a problem, looking forward to hear back from you.