Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New toy in the family.
If you saw my other thread about the gf's Echo, you may know we were facing the near certain chance of having her car written off after a, fairly minor, front end accident.

Well, I fought the good fight and after four or five rounds of negotiation, I'm pretty happy with what I was able to get out of the insurance company (50% over what they consider an Echo to be worth).

So the search began for a replacement and in the end, we decided to pass my Focus down to her for the local commute and get a new car for me to use on the Mississauga run.

The FoFo ST was a strong contender (and a blast to drive) but the gorgeous Recaro's, while great for a track day, really knocked the car out of the running. Neither of us are small individuals and the bolsters were just a little too much for daily/road trip use.

Another one that was high on the list and got knocked out due partially to seating but mostly to the lack of a back seat/storage space was the Scion FR-S.

The winner (don't hit me) was one that we just stumbled on. A couple years ago I seriously considered trading the Focus on a Genesis Coupe but as with the FR-S didn't like the lack of space/seating. We stopped in at Hyundai to look at the Genesis again and check out the current Elantra GT (didn't like it). That's when I was reminded that they had released a turbo version of the slow-as-molasses Veloster. I have to say, for the price point, it hit the 200hp mark, actually felt torquey, has a decent back seat (with a wacky third door), and lots of trunk space. It also fit the gf's want for a smaller car. Most importantly, it's a blast too drive, plenty of oomph, handles beautifully flat, and has all the infotainment features I was looking for.

So please allow me to introduce the new ginger in the family, my red-headed step child, a 2014 Vitamin-C Veloster Turbo(Sorry for the poor lighting - I'll get a better shot after the next wash)

[Image: 20140711.jpg]

Never thought I'd own a Hyundai ... but here I am. Smile

One more moment of silence for a fallen soldier (and at this angle, it still looks great!)

[Image: IMG_0313.jpg]

-George
07' ZX4 SES - Steeda SRI - Xcal3 w/Steeda 91 tune - Hi-flow cat - Magnaflow 2.5 cat back - Massive Strut Bar
123whp - 137wtq (Out of date)
nicely done George. glad you still kept the focus in the family. got any plans for the veloster? or do you just plan on keeping it a bone stock DD
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Just doing the basics for comfort/protection for now. Clearshield ppf since it's a commuter and 35/20 tint to keep it cooler in the sun.

I haven't seen any mods with enough benefit to be worth the cost yet and warrant retention is important on this one, so it'll likely stay stock.

-George
07' ZX4 SES - Steeda SRI - Xcal3 w/Steeda 91 tune - Hi-flow cat - Magnaflow 2.5 cat back - Massive Strut Bar
123whp - 137wtq (Out of date)
nice Echo/yaris, i really like the colour red too, not many ppl like this colour but i think its nice.
My other ride is your Mom