Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saskatchewan upgrades
[Image: 7i6yZ4v.jpg]

With my youngest son out for the weekend, we upgraded the Focus wagon (aka SVT-WGN). In the before and after photos you should be able to see new shocks (KYB); the existing H&R lowering springs; the new slotted rotors (powder coated blue); new brake pads; and a heavy duty Eibach which we also powder coated blue rear sway bar (visible just behind the shock). We did not have any high temperature blue paint, otherwise we would have painted the calipers as well. Just another job for another day.

Up front we also installed new slotted rotors (same style as rear, only larger); new struts, a blue powder coated Eibach heavier front sway bar and topside, a blue powder coated strut bar. (All to match the blue SVT interior.)

At the rear, we installed a new set of LED tail lights. Small problem to solve (probably with a resistor) as the flash rate is much faster. Will clean the car for a Show & Shine this coming weekend, and will try to get a glam photo.

Still having fun, going into our fourth year, still not finished, needs paint, front SVT bumper installed, new tires (yeah, that many kilometres on it), Nav/Sound System installed - all when there is time and a deadline.
Looks good!
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

needs more pictures!!!
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Awesome ! I Need to get a suspension setup for my svt wagon . I think the shocks in the rear are shot on mine . Will be really awesome when you get that front bumper installed .
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
My only regret, is I will no longer be able to brag I drive the only SVT Wagon in Canada (need a sad, pouty face emoticon here). As I suggested before in another thread, when you (2000zx3sct) finish your wagon, you have to, get a set of vanity plates. Then we have to invite California SVT-WGN up here. Hey maybe there are even more, but perusal of the Focus Forums seems to indicate only the three of us.
There is a shadow grey wagon near me with a svt front bumper , roof rack delete and svt wheels but just the regular zetec engine . Also someone around here with a black wagon with a JRSC on a zetec engine , also the silver one on focus fanatics and the Cos wagon . That's about all I know of. The first day I drove my wagon the fedex driver at my work noticed it and couldn't believe that I swapped the svt engine over , after mentioning he has a black svt focus and I mentioned to home that it's only been done three times . apart from that it's running really well , some unknown noises coming from the front end , and after taking it on its first long drive the ABS and traction control lights came on , probably just a bad contact on one of the plugs. I was telling a few people at the last meet about when I took it in for the emissions test , after plugging it in and doing the test , someone from the government popped up on the screen and started to tell the mechanic that it must be some sort of highly modified engine because the ECU was changed .i laughed and assured them it's completely stock and I just swapped the engine and ECU.
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
(07-17-2014, 01:28 AM)SVT-WGN Wrote: My only regret, is I will no longer be able to brag I drive the only SVT Wagon in Canada (need a sad, pouty face emoticon here). As I suggested before in another thread, when you (2000zx3sct) finish your wagon, you have to, get a set of vanity plates. Then we have to invite California SVT-WGN up here. Hey maybe there are even more, but perusal of the Focus Forums seems to indicate only the three of us.

Now that would make a great pic!
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
That first winter (2011-12) I drove SVT-WGN, with just All Season tires, I debated (one sign of old age is you argue with yourself, except when you lose the argument, it is to late) arranging photos of my car in the snow and the California car out on the beach with beach bunnies then submitting to some Ford magazine a story titled A Tale of Two SVeeTies. Okay enough already.
What pads and rotors did you go with?
2003 ZX5
"I feel like a silver bullet"
SVT wheels
SVT suspension
AEM intake
With a hint of dip

[Image: 158491.png]
I wish I could tell you the brand name of the rotors, but I can't. They came off the second SVT write off we purchased (yeah, we have a spare engine and transmission, and no they are not for sale. All the other parts have been used.)

After powder coating the used rotors, the paint was machined from the brake surface. One of the rear rotors was slightly warped, so it was planed a bit more to true it up (the grooves on that one are noticeably shallower.) The internal venting is straight out (radial, not curved).

The pads are Hawk Performance Ceramic. Since I do not intend to race the wagon, and I like a little less dust, and slightly less noise, we went with ceramic. The original rotors were OEM from the first SVT. They could probably be machined if someone wants to come and get them, but I suspect they will end up on the scrap heap.

I've nearly finished breaking in the brake pads. No-one was on the road that early, otherwise, they might have believed they were following a drunk or something. Accelerate, brake, accelerate, brake, gently at first, a little harder from a higher speed and finally hard braking from highway speed. Probably put on close to forty kilometres before seven AM (but it was fun.)
As promised, here are a few photos of SVT-WGN taken at the Regina "Cruisin' the Dub" last Friday.
[Image: u2Ie6bU.jpg]

[Image: u8KjmnX.jpg]

And this one taken at the Moose Jaw Show & Shine.
[Image: C5HO91P.jpg]

And finally up on the hoist getting a wheel alignment (after replacing shocks, adding sway bars front and rear, and a front strut bar).
[Image: rPqQcnu.jpg]

[Image: uUVr56O.jpg]

The Regina "Cruisin' the Dub" was a complete disappointment. Two hour drive down, on loose gravel, dodging potholes and hitting rain, only to find less than a dozen cars out. Where were the cars? One local expressed it, "They won't come if it threatens rain."

I may be a snob (or worse), but in my opinion (and it ain't humble), cars are supposed to be driven. Some call them "Trailer Queens". My description is [expletive deleted] wusses.

Saturday morning I drove over to Moose Jaw for their Show & Shine in Happy Valley. At least 120 cars showed up. I parked between a 1953 Chevrolet BelAir four door and a 1954 Chevrolet Pickup. More importantly, both vehicles were driven there. The paint on the truck was impressive with a mural painted on the spare tire cover. The 53 BelAir was so typical of the kind of car we used to drive back in the late fifties and sixties.

It had the original six, but with dual weber carburetors, electronic ignition and dual exhaust. Top speed is maybe 80-85 mph (any higher and the steering is questionable). Of course during the "bench racing" discussion (aka bs) my comment was SVT-WGN does that in second gear, with four more to go.

The crowds started to come in the early afternoon. Alas, parked between those two beauties, I felt a little like that lonely little onion in a petunia patch. When someone stopped to actually read the Show Card, I was up like a dirty shirt answering questions. No awards, no door prizes, but at least a couple of young'uns learned about Ford and SVT's.