Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Ford Focus ST-R?
Can anyone elaborate on what this "R" package includes?
It supposed to give 40-50 more HP and 90lbs more torque.
It seems like a modified exhaust, new engine tune (tuner is included when you buy), spark plugs, air filter, sprint accelorator boost kit...
I test drove one today...and can't compare with a "regular" ST as I haven't tested one out.
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
(07-27-2014, 01:58 PM)Gravter Wrote: Can anyone elaborate on what this "R" package includes?
It supposed to give 40-50 more HP and 90lbs more torque.
It seems like a modified exhaust, new engine tune (tuner is included when you buy), spark plugs, air filter, sprint accelorator boost kit...
I test drove one today...and can't compare with a "regular" ST as I haven't tested one out.

Not sure about the "R" part - and not sure about the power - but it does sound like a dealer-installed Mountune MP275.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I just looked up that MP275 kit you mentioned. Kind of sounds like it but it is not this setup. The dealer showed me the Ford Racing Tuner that comes with it (was in a box on the back seat).
They have more than one with these mods. I counted at least 8. (30 ST's total on the lot!)
I took a quick look at the exhaust as they have changed the tips (chrome round Ford Racing tips) but it might just be that, tips.
They are supposed to email me the exact mods but not before Monday.

Here is the other mod they showed me:
http://www.sprintboostersales.com/detail...engine=Gas

(07-27-2014, 02:19 PM)Gravter Wrote: I just looked up that MP275 kit you mentioned. Kind of sounds like it but it is not this setup. The dealer showed me the Ford Racing Tuner that comes with it (was in a box on the back seat).
They have more than one with these mods. I counted at least 8. (30 ST's total on the lot!)
I took a quick look at the exhaust as they have changed the tips (chrome round Ford Racing tips) but it might just be that, tips.
They are supposed to email me the exact mods but not before Monday.

You're right - here's what it is: Ford Racing Part no. M-FR1-FST

Fits 2013-2014 Focus ST with 2.0L EcoBoost� I-4 engine

Maximum of 90 lb-ft torque increase at 2800 rpm on 93 octane fuel

Significant torque increase up to 4200 rpm

Revised sound symposer software and calibration for more natural engine sound

Premium (91 octane or higher) fuel only

All Ford Racing Power Upgrade Packages are 50-States Emissions Legal and eligible for limited warranty when installed by a Ford or Lincoln Dealer
Kit includes:

Focus ST Calibration and Spark Plugs M-14204-FST
2013-2014 Focus ST Cold Air Intake M-9603-FST with high flow K&N/Ford Racing Air Filter
FRPP Cold Spark Plug Set 2.0L Turbo M-12405-20T (required with calibration)
Focus ST cat-back exhaust system M-5200-FST

NOTE:

Due to multiple powertrain calibrations, online registration is required to receive ProCal calibration delivery tool after purchase

Ford Racing does not ship ProCal tools directly overseas. Customers must make special arrangements with their Ford Racing Distributor

Powertrain calibrations are developed and supported for U.S. and Canadian vehicles only

Unlike many of our competitors, this Ford Racing Power Upgrade Package is 50-states emissions legal and eligible for limited warranty when installed by a Ford or Lincoln Dealer

Federal and state laws prohibit any person from installing aftermarket add-on or modified parts prior to the sale of a new motor vehicle

Spark plugs gapped to 0.028-inch (0.71mm)�
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

That is exactly it!!!
Nice find Wink
Now, how much do you think this should be worth installed? :p

Oh, I just saw 1,500$... not bad if I can get it for 2,000 or less installed Wink

(07-27-2014, 02:25 PM)Gravter Wrote: That is exactly it!!!
Nice find Wink
Now, how much do you think this should be worth installed? :p

The retail price in the US, without installation of course, is $1,695.00 - it would be nice if we could get it for 2,500 installed, but it's probably closer to 3,500. (???)

I got them down to 2K :p
I haven't signed anything yet... Still need to figure out my budget... I ain't liking their "admin fees" of 1,200$!!! yikes

(07-27-2014, 02:32 PM)Gravter Wrote: I got them down to 2K :p
I haven't signed anything yet... Still need to figure out my budget... I ain't liking their "admin fees" of 1,200$!!! yikes

At face value, seems like a good deal. OTH - it depends on how much you're paying for the car itself, and then the outrageous admin fee skews everything.

Well, right now the good part is the Ford Employee pricing...
It has option 201A, NAV system, Rado grey wheels, moonroof and the performance kit.
It is 530/month for 72 months @ 1.49% with 3K down!

(07-27-2014, 02:50 PM)Gravter Wrote: Well, right now the good part is the Ford Employee pricing...
It has option 201A, NAV system, Rado grey wheels, moonroof and the performance kit.
It is 530/month for 72 months @ 1.49% with 3K down!

From Ford, there are two incentives on the ST - employee pricing discount of roughly 8% and also a $750 delivery allowance.

All Ford dealers can offer you these, and even with these incentives, the dealer is getting "full pop" for the car. This is the end of the model year and even though the "employee pricing" seems like a great deal, you are in fact getting a lot less of a discount than you would traditionally in years gone by.

Even with the ST I would expect the dealer to come to the table and give up some of their profit, and certainly bring the admin fee to a more reasonable level - like $300.

There are approximately 40 ST's in dealer inventory right now - it's not like they're rare or anything.

That's what dissed me is the $1,200 fee... He kind of explained it a bit but its a blur now.
When I was there a previous day just looking at the ST's, had a very quick talk with a dealer and he mentioned that they don't advertise 0% for 72 months but have done it to move cars.
So, I left with this in mind and when I went back yesterday, there was no way I was gonna get it. The manager instead would drop the price by about half of the borrowing cost.
At this point, I won't be buying the car. I had a set amount in mind and they are above it because of those ridiculous fees and the non 0% interest.
Oh well, it was fun to try it out. Makes my '07 ST feel so slow and "loose" with its 220,000km's! lol
Cheers

(07-28-2014, 01:12 AM)Gravter Wrote: That's what dissed me is the $1,200 fee... He kind of explained it a bit but its a blur now.
When I was there a previous day just looking at the ST's, had a very quick talk with a dealer and he mentioned that they don't advertise 0% for 72 months but have done it to move cars.
So, I left with this in mind and when I went back yesterday, there was no way I was gonna get it. The manager instead would drop the price by about half of the borrowing cost.
At this point, I won't be buying the car. I had a set amount in mind and they are above it because of those ridiculous fees and the non 0% interest.
Oh well, it was fun to try it out. Makes my '07 ST feel so slow and "loose" with its 220,000km's! lol
Cheers

I'm not trying to sell you a car LOL - but before you give up, try this: go on Ford.ca and check out the inventory at Yonge-Steeles Ford.

Last night they showed 9 STs in stock. Pick out the least expensive one and then request an internet price and see what happens.

That dealership is pretty aggressive about "pump in" (attracting customers from outside their market area) and might give you a real good price based on where you're located.

Then - if you're really set on the Ford Racing upgrade - you buy the plugs, calibrator and intake for less than $500 USD and do your own installation. Looking at Ford Racing's numbers the extra torque comes from the recalibration not the exhaust - and we all know how to buy Ford Racing stuff at far less than retail.

haha, sure you're not... :p
That dealership is way far from me! I'm in the Ottawa region.
I found another identical ST minus the package and have sent a price request at this other dealer.
Will find out tomorrow I guess.

I know you said that we can get part of that kit for less than msrp (kit minus exhaust), but then, does it void the warranty if I install myself?
Do you think for $2,000 (taxes/labour included) is good for the whole kit including the "Sprint Booster" that is msrp $290.00 to retain Factory warranty?
The exhaust does sound good btw! If it didn't have it, I would be going towards the MBRP which is over $800 I believe plus taxes and installation!

(07-29-2014, 06:24 AM)Gravter Wrote: I know you said that we can get part of that kit for less than msrp (kit minus exhaust), but then, does it void the warranty if I install myself?
Do you think for $2,000 (taxes/labour included) is good for the whole kit including the "Sprint Booster" that is msrp $290.00 to retain Factory warranty?
The exhaust does sound good btw! If it didn't have it, I would be going towards the MBRP which is over $800 I believe plus taxes and installation!

The heavy duty labour cost for installation would be the exhaust - but even if you install an exhaust later yourself that won't void the warranty.

So even if you get them to "install" the new tune and the intake and the plugs - how much could that be?

I guess the point I'm making is that you can buy the car anywhere - even from a dealer that isn't an SVT or Ford Racing dealer, and install the go-faster goodies at your leisure and at a much lower cost than going through a Canadian dealer.

I have no idea what the price would be just to have those items installed.
I guess 1.5 hours of labour plus taxes, so that would be roughly 125$-150$ of labour...idk
An MBRP T304 exhaust is $900+ taxes+shipping(I ain't close to them) then another 2 hour install by any garage, let's say $150 with taxes.

I'll break it down myself here I guess:

- Exhaust (MBRP) = $1,200.00 (shipped, installed and incl. tax)
- Tuner, plugs, filter = $600.00
- Sprint Booster = $300.00

Total $2,100.00 ... and I have to do all the dirty work.
I guess $2,000.00, warrantied and not having to mess with anything is kinda worth it I think! :p

I'm waiting on a call to see if they can meet my last numbers I gave them, if not..I will wait for another opportunity... My '07 ST is still going strong, and will be my main winter car if I get this new ST :p

(07-29-2014, 06:46 AM)Gravter Wrote: I have no idea what the price would be just to have those items installed.
I guess 1.5 hours of labour plus taxes, so that would be roughly 125$-150$ of labour...idk
An MBRP T304 exhaust is $900+ taxes+shipping(I ain't close to them) then another 2 hour install by any garage, let's say $150 with taxes.

I'll break it down myself here I guess:

- Exhaust (MBRP) = $1,200.00 (shipped, installed and incl. tax)
- Tuner, plugs, filter = $600.00
- Sprint Booster = $300.00

Total $2,100.00 ... and I have to do all the dirty work.
I guess $2,000.00, warrantied and not having to mess with anything is kinda worth it I think! :p

I'm waiting on a call to see if they can meet my last numbers I gave them, if not..I will wait for another opportunity... My '07 ST is still going strong, and will be my main winter car if I get this new ST :p

Right - at face value the Ford Racing stuff is a good deal at $2k. But if you have to overpay for the car and also pay an outrageous admin fee, in order to get it, then the overall value judgement gets a bit muddier.

For example: if you could save $1000 on the car and then have to pay another dealer $2500 to install the Ford Racing stuff, you would do that, right?

Well, you see, the number I gave them should take care of the admin fee... and also be about $500 less than what it is with the incentives, so instead of lets say $3,500 in incentives, it would be $4,000 and also leave the performance kit at 2K.
I doubt they will accept my offer, but at this point, it doesn't matter...if they do, perfect, if not, I'm moving on and will try to get another full year or two out of my '07.

(07-29-2014, 07:11 AM)Gravter Wrote: Well, you see, the number I gave them should take care of the admin fee... and also be about $500 less than what it is with the incentives, so instead of lets say $3,500 in incentives, it would be $4,000 and also leave the performance kit at 2K.
I doubt they will accept my offer, but at this point, it doesn't matter...if they do, perfect, if not, I'm moving on and will try to get another full year or two out of my '07.

Yup, makes sense.

Just one more thing to consider: if you could get an X-plan deal from one of the Ford employees on here, I do believe that the Ford rules do not allow a dealer to charge any admin fee - so you get X-plan pricing (roughly so-called employee pricing) and in the case of your dealer you immediately bank $1200.

Yup, x-plan is great. I used it on my '07 Smile
Total cost with taxes was $23,000 back in december '06.
I had 0% for 5 years which was great too!
I noticed today on Ford.ca that the 0% for 5 years is gone... Everything is at 1.49% for 4-5-6 years now.